Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 Vote_lcapAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 Voting_barAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 Vote_lcapAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 Voting_barAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!

Go down 
+48
alex12
fatguts
frankonia
MichaW
bassman58
aldac
bonnier
Marvin Wankerstein
GT350CS
freeracer
Swede Savage
dennis95
DBR
framroze
racerm
NEChris
Nickel20
Zexer
fisheracing
Sparviero
antoniog7772
hmmguy
GregSS
MURIMI
stimpy
StevieSX
philrob
zwiss
Jeep
OscarF
joeschmoe
rainmaker62
WHIPCRACKER
jeannomiller
babis_xo
GeeDee
Loose Ether
z1000a2
Condominhas
leslav2012
ufangio
Vanaja
serpico19717
ney.dias
oldman
scot15
DarkSide
gpo
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
antoniog7772

Anzahl der Beiträge : 596

Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySat 05 Mar 2016, 4:22 pm

What a Face affraid affraid Shocked cheers cheers

will try it.
Back to top Go down
http://shivernshake.ativoforum.com/
hmmguy

hmmguy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 790

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySat 05 Mar 2016, 5:55 pm

Awesome! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2135

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySat 05 Mar 2016, 5:55 pm

Thank You Sparviero!!!
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySat 05 Mar 2016, 6:34 pm

Sparviero wrote:
Personal update (franken approach + some skinning):

Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 Canam11

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zyphggvkwbkck2c/CANAM_UPD.7z
If you are interest, don't overwrite the files: you have to manually edit .car file according to your installation.

I just began to look at the files you've made thinking it was just going to be the skins when I saw you have included all of the files for the cars. I've only looked at the McLaren M20 so far but I saw that you renamed the aud and changed the aud files but didn't include the sounds they call for. Just so you know, the McLaren M20 used a 509ci/8.3L V8 and not the 427ci/7L as you labelled the basic car's aud. Are there any other changes you've made that we should be watching out for? As I mentioned, I've only looked at the M20 so far.

Last edited by hmmguy on Sat 05 Mar 2016, 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySat 05 Mar 2016, 8:12 pm

I was just looking at all of the files and have a question so as I don't overwrite my files...which files are for the new skins? I was trying to figure out which they were for the M20 as the only new file I'm noticing is the new 74008 .car file. I imagine I'll also need to know the same for the Ferrari 712 too. As for the Alfas, I was offered them a while back for inclusion to Season 8 (1973) as I didn't make the half/cancelled Season 9 (1974) and they were too low on hp given the cars that are in the mod with either a gigantic V8 or twin turbocharged F12s they'd be racing against. If there were a number of the missing cars added to the mod like them, then for sure I'd include the Alfas as they'd be a great addition. For now though, only the fastest of the fast are in the mod and even then there were others that fit that description missing too. A little birdy has been making whispers of possibly more to come but just shrugs it's shoulders when I asked when. lol!
Back to top Go down
z1000a2

Anzahl der Beiträge : 701

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySat 05 Mar 2016, 8:32 pm

Thanks Sparviero
Back to top Go down
Sparviero

Sparviero

Anzahl der Beiträge : 35

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySun 06 Mar 2016, 10:41 am

Well I've change a lot of things in order to simplify files management for my GTR2 config.

Thus, just consider the .cas file and .gtr(s) file. I think that the main improvements are cockpits (partially from F1 Seven).

Anyway you can take some lines from the .cas from genestring to tachiometer (otherwise you need to point correct .aud/.hdc).
Back to top Go down
OscarF

OscarF

Anzahl der Beiträge : 111

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySun 06 Mar 2016, 4:23 pm

@ Sparviero (and others who might be able to help):

I have some problems to get the Alfas to run Sad . The cas-file is asking for the MASFiles STEX_FF94.GTR, TALENT_FF94.GTR and Drivers_70_Alfa.GTR
but I don`t have them and I have no idea where to find them. No
Could someone please be so kind to turn me into the right direction?!

Thank you very much! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sparviero

Sparviero

Anzahl der Beiträge : 35

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySun 06 Mar 2016, 7:30 pm

Here the missing files for Alfa and the March with update cockpit:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vs8gqj4o2x4hstx/CANAM_UPD_2.7z

Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 Gtr2_e10
Back to top Go down
OscarF

OscarF

Anzahl der Beiträge : 111

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptyMon 07 Mar 2016, 9:38 am

@ Sparviero: That`s what I was looking for! Thank you very much for your kind help!! cheers
Back to top Go down
z1000a2

Anzahl der Beiträge : 701

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptyMon 07 Mar 2016, 8:00 pm

Thank you
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2135

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016, 5:11 am

I've been reading the Brooklands Books Can Am trilogy recently when today I came across Andretti's 429'er. What a beast, it even worried Bruce McLaren on the straights, anyway, lo and behold, I can stroll to the dungeon and whip off some laps in the 429'er, GREAT STUFF!!!!!!!!!! Great Fuggin' Mod!!!!!!
Time for a snapper, and back to ground poundin'!!!! Thanks So Much!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016, 5:31 am

this is awesome for me to hear mate! Thanks!

I have been questioning myself lately as to how much I put into the mod but have not heard anything much for feedback beyond "thanks". It's not like I regret it or anything but the much hoped for feedback just didn't happen. I know this is quite typical with most mods so I shouldn't be surprised I guess.

My friend, you will be in for an awesome treat once the revamp is completed. Terry (Loose Ether) has done astounding work to the cars as well as the overall file structure and trimmed most, if not all of the unneeded files that made this version much fatter than needed. Then throw in the new skins and improvements that our antelop...I mean dear friend Gordon (Geedee) has made and it becomes hard to believe the models for the most part, came from SCGT! I mean a proper cockpit in every car! This was something I had hoped might happen since the day I announced here that I intended to bring this series to life properly for GTR2.

Thanks again for this! Very Happy bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016, 3:26 pm

hmmguy wrote:
this is awesome for me to hear mate! Thanks!

I have been questioning myself lately as to how much I put into the mod but have not heard anything much for feedback beyond "thanks". It's not like I regret it or anything but the much hoped for feedback just didn't happen. I know this is quite typical with most mods so I shouldn't be surprised I guess.

My friend, you will be in for an awesome treat once the revamp is completed. Terry (Loose Ether) has done astounding work to the cars as well as the overall file structure and trimmed most, if not all of the unneeded files that made this version much fatter than needed. Then throw in the new skins and improvements that our antelop...I mean dear friend Gordon (Geedee) has made and it becomes hard to believe the models for the most part, came from SCGT! I mean a proper cockpit in every car! This was something I had hoped might happen since the day I announced here that I intended to bring this series to life properly for GTR2.

Thanks again for this! Very Happy bounce Very Happy

Skins will be a while though guys and I'm talking months as the file structures are difficult and no templates to work from, but I think what I have achieved so far which is roughly 1/3rd of the way through checking all of the near 100 skins will make a very good difference.

The work Terry is doing is really good and will give a driving experience that this mod needs.

This should give the mod of Phil's (HummGuy) the makeover it truly deserves!! clown Very Happy Wink cheers

Last edited by GeeDee on Sat 23 Apr 2016, 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rainmaker62

rainmaker62

Anzahl der Beiträge : 481

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Apr 2016, 12:03 am

Hmmguy and crew, you have done an amazing job with this mod! I waited so long to race these cars even to the point of starting the old GPL mod and using that...ouch! Anyway, you have all done such great work with the Can Am cars and tracks and I am so grateful. Thank you very much. Only wish I had more T70 skins, I love that car!
Back to top Go down
WHIPCRACKER

WHIPCRACKER

Anzahl der Beiträge : 279

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Apr 2016, 12:33 am

Although feedback has been less than expected I've recommended this mod to all the simracers I know. I'm looking forward to the group effort update as well.
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Apr 2016, 1:34 am

thanks for the comments guys! Much appreciated to hear this!
Back to top Go down
Jeep

Jeep

Anzahl der Beiträge : 63

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySat 23 Apr 2016, 2:35 am

I'll add my heartfelt thanks to Phil and the team for what they have achieved.. It's not just the creation of the actual mod it's the immense amount of research actually collecting the data related to performance, weights, drivers, colour schemes etc.

Phil knows I am messing around with the 67 season and I was truly shocked when I tried to sift out the truth from all the sites describing these beasts. (And I'm only working with a single season). Conflicting BHP and weight figures for example mean an extensive amount of work when it comes to making these work together in the sim. What Phil and the rest of the team has achieved so far is nothing short of amazing. I can't wait for the next instalment. bounce

TTFN
John.
Back to top Go down
zwiss

Anzahl der Beiträge : 13

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptyWed 25 May 2016, 10:17 am

Thanks a lot for this amasing MOD.

Does anyone have the 67 Edmonton track for GTR2?
It's in the championships, but I can't find it anywhere.
I can convert it from rFactor myself.. but have a lot of WIP's atm already Smile

Thanks
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptyWed 25 May 2016, 12:08 pm

thanks for the kind words bounce

Let me know (pm) if you need any assistance with how to run the Championship files
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

Anzahl der Beiträge : 487

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptyWed 25 May 2016, 3:31 pm

zwiss,
i have this track running in GTR2 however this is a quick conversion of Buds Rfactor track.Itself a GPL conversion and needs everything redoing.
I will post a link to it if you would like it.
Back to top Go down
StevieSX

Anzahl der Beiträge : 5

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySat 22 Oct 2016, 3:52 pm

Hey there, really enjoying the mod - these cars are always entertaining.

Apologies to say this and I'm not sure if I missed something from the original links by being late to the party but I'm having issues with the 917-10-002. The cars will not show up in the selection menu or show room and this ends up causing a game crash. I'm running the Steam version with the older EU patch to put the Ferraris and Porsches back in. I had a look through the thread and could not see anything about this and there wasn't really anything showing up on google so maybe I'm the only person having this issue. I can play the seasons it's included in by removing the folder from Teams/CANAM entirely but it feels like a shame to miss out on a part of the mod. From playing Assetto Corsa, that Porsche is one of the more recognisable cars personally.
Back to top Go down
antoniog7772

Anzahl der Beiträge : 596

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySat 22 Oct 2016, 5:53 pm

i don't entirelly know about your problem but i do know , though the Porsche s917-10 never shown up in showroom menu, they never made the game crash either, but then again something else could be causing your problem,
Back to top Go down
http://shivernshake.ativoforum.com/
StevieSX

Anzahl der Beiträge : 5

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySat 22 Oct 2016, 6:48 pm

Thanks for the reply - sadly it definitely is that car causing the crash for me - I've tested them separately.
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 EmptySat 22 Oct 2016, 8:20 pm

StevieSX wrote:
Thanks for the reply - sadly it definitely is that car causing the crash for me - I've tested them separately.

Can you post the last 10 or so lines from a trace file so as we can figure out why this is happening to you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next