Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Vote_lcapAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Voting_barAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Vote_lcapAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Voting_barAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

GT350CS

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:25 am

Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!

Go down 
+48
alex12
fatguts
frankonia
MichaW
bassman58
aldac
bonnier
Marvin Wankerstein
GT350CS
freeracer
Swede Savage
dennis95
DBR
framroze
racerm
NEChris
Nickel20
Zexer
fisheracing
Sparviero
antoniog7772
hmmguy
GregSS
MURIMI
stimpy
StevieSX
philrob
zwiss
Jeep
OscarF
joeschmoe
rainmaker62
WHIPCRACKER
jeannomiller
babis_xo
GeeDee
Loose Ether
z1000a2
Condominhas
leslav2012
ufangio
Vanaja
serpico19717
ney.dias
oldman
scot15
DarkSide
gpo
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
bassman58

Anzahl der Beiträge : 14

Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 12:41 pm

Thank you very much.

Loose Ether likes this post

Back to top Go down
Swede Savage

Anzahl der Beiträge : 73

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 1:05 pm

Thank you and Merry Christmas

Back to top Go down
z1000a2

Anzahl der Beiträge : 686

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 2:52 pm

Thank you and Merry Christmas

Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Premium Member
Premium Member
Vanaja

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1170

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 2:35 am

Thanks

Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 5:57 am

For some strange reason, I am unable to save pictures to this site at the moment, otherwise, I would have put some screenshots of the CanAms on here. Anyone else having problems with the above editor bar?

I sent them to Loose Ether to post for me. pipe smoker
Back to top Go down
freeracer

freeracer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 692

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 9:15 am

I had what I think was the beginning of this mod in the old game "Nascar Heat" .. I used to run in Road America (if I remember) with them..
Back to top Go down
GT350CS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 428

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 2:18 pm

Thank you, much appreciated!!!

Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2084

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 4:39 pm

testAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Flints11

GeeDee and Loose Ether like this post

Back to top Go down
Marvin Wankerstein

Anzahl der Beiträge : 23

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 5:29 pm

This is an effort of monumental proportions.  Great work in finishing it!

Back to top Go down
Marvin Wankerstein

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 5:59 pm

I really like these cars. It seems a few skins are missing but I am not certain. Anyway, I see most of these cars don't use dynamic materials so one must make new cars the old fashioned way. If anyone wants to paint skins and get them into the game I can help you with that. Let's see what we can do. afro

If you are willing to stretch your imagination a bit there are lots of possibilities for painting. What I mean is there is no T332 so some liveries for that car could be used on the T333. Another example is there is M8E but there is a M8D and M8F and they are quite similar. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 6:09 pm

@ Marvin,

The skins on a lot of these cars are not easy to paint as there can be anything from 1 to 20 templates just for one car. It was quite stressful and took around a year to paint approx 100 skins.

I feel I've done my bit and I think Loose Ether also, but if anyone wants to add to the mod then please do it. thumbup
Back to top Go down
Marvin Wankerstein

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 1:21 pm

NEChris wrote:
GeeDee wrote:
Here's some of the T70s to whet your appetite... please realise that the templates for these cars are anything from 1 to 20 per car, making it extremely complicated to get skins right, plus the polygons are quite bad making painting almost impossible in places.
Still based on the ancient SCGT CanAm mod?
Yes, it is Chris.

Few people know the full history of these cars.  Here it is.  Most of them were originally made for SCGT.  You can tell which were not because they use dynamic textures.  Then some guys called the Historical Prototypes Cooperative converted those to F1-02.  The main person involved was a guy called Patjer.   After that, an asshat known as Neil Bainbridge converted those to GTR2 and he refused to include the original readme file with it.  I asked Pat what happened with that and he told me Neil was asked to include it by admins at RaceSimCentral and he wouldn't so they didn't allow the mod there.  I haven't seen Patjer around in a long time.  I think he was part of a Czech group but I'm not sure.  I thought these were the same cars so I checked and all the texture mappings matched so there you have it.

I attached the original readme file. If the date was retained then you can see it's from January of 2004 but I doubt it will be.

PS - I wrote asshat because Pat wasn't very happy that someone refused to include the readme file so the designation is deserved as far as I am concerned.  If you disagree, TFB.  I can't blame you guys because I doubt you ever saw it or even knew it existed. I only know because I've been into sim racing since SCGT and I've seen a lot of drama over the years. It gets rather tiresome as far as I'm concerned and I'm not trying to stir up any here.

Keep the shiny side up.
Attachments
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 AttachmentHPC_Readme.txt
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(4 Kb) Downloaded 26 times

GeeDee, Loose Ether and fisheracing like this post

Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 2:46 pm

No problem MW, good to know the true story. thumbup
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

Anzahl der Beiträge : 453

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 8:42 am

Damn !
I left a file out of the cars package, that being the showroom floor for the Lola T222.

A link to the fix file is at the bottom of my update release post.

The main car package has also been updated to contain the missing file.

Vanaja and fisheracing like this post

Back to top Go down
z1000a2

Anzahl der Beiträge : 686

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 9:23 am

Thank you

Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Can-Am Screenshots   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 4:03 am

Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Gtr2_217
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Gtr2_216
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Gtr2_214
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Gtr2_213
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Gtr2_211
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Gtr2_212
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Canam_11
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Canam_10
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Canam_12
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Gtr2_210

jeannomiller, GeeDee, aldac, Marvin Wankerstein, Condominhas, oldman, fisheracing and fatguts like this post

Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

Anzahl der Beiträge : 476

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 1:38 pm

Thanks, this is a big improvement on the original release!

Back to top Go down
aldac

Anzahl der Beiträge : 16

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 6:02 pm

Many thanks Loose Ether, GeeDee and Co !

And Happy New Year to all !

Back to top Go down
bassman58

Anzahl der Beiträge : 14

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 12:44 pm

Thanks a lot to the whole crew for keeping a piece of history alive.

Back to top Go down
MichaW

MichaW

Anzahl der Beiträge : 18

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 1:31 pm

Good evening,

may I try to convert the mod for GTL and Altbierbude?

best regards

MichaW

Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 5:58 pm

Hi Micha,

As far as the work I have done on the mod, it is fine by me... but Loose Ether has also done a lot of work on this car and I believe he will be doing a GTL version when he has time to do it.

The main problem may be with Antonio and the ABSLM team as I believe they may have the rights to this mod.

Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 4:47 am

MichaW wrote:
Good evening,

may I try to convert the mod for GTL and Altbierbude?

best regards

MichaW

G'day Micha,

I have already done the conversion to GTL except for the .biks and icons (the time consuming part !).
I would prefer to release the GTL version myself and then you can use that version for the Altbierbude if Antonio agrees.
As it turns out I am also a member of AMT (Absolute Modding Team) but let me run it by Antonio first.
He may even see your post and chime in.

PM me if you want to chat about it.

GOOD

Regards,
Terry
Back to top Go down
MichaW

MichaW

Anzahl der Beiträge : 18

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 5:12 am

Good morning

Ok, thanks for the feedback, I will of course gladly wait for an eventual official GTL release. Hope really Antonio agrees, these cars are almost a must have for GTL

Regards

MichaW
Back to top Go down
frankonia

frankonia

Anzahl der Beiträge : 32

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 10:40 am

Anybody there who could convert the Audi 200 TransAm (1988) to GTR2?
I think this car was made for SCGT, long time ago.
I'm also involved in sim racing since the days of GPL and GP2.
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1108

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 10:53 am

Have you got a link to the Audi ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next