Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 Vote_lcapMarlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 Voting_barMarlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 Vote_lcapMarlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 Voting_barMarlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3350

Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 Empty
PostSubject: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020, 11:57 am

Just came across Marlboro Motor Raceway /Washington D.C. in the facebook group
"Ghost tracks & circuits" which I never heard about before.

I found that there is a GPL version of this track ( http://gpltd.bcsims.com/?sbtd=marlboro )
and was asking myself whether there is/has ever been a GTL/GTR2 conversion?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlboro_Motor_Raceway

Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 Mmrw10

Question

Jeannomiller

Last edited by jeannomiller on Wed 16 Sep 2020, 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GT350CS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 428

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020, 3:40 pm

It would be great to have this one converted to GTL/GTR2. Been looking for years, but have never seen it other than in GPL. There are many great older tracks in GPL that would be amazing in other simulations as well!
Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

Anzahl der Beiträge : 91

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptySun 07 Nov 2021, 4:20 am

I have converted a GPL track to GTR2, but since getting Bobs Track Builder, I find it's most likely going to be easier to build them from scratch using the GPL version as a guide.

jeannomiller, test.pilot, NEChris and fisheracing like this post

Back to top Go down
GT350CS

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptyMon 08 Nov 2021, 1:55 am

Great to see that you are looking at it sunlap2. I appreciate all your work that I have enjoyed for years!

sunalp2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptyMon 08 Nov 2021, 7:22 am

I'm currently building Albert Park from 1958, but at times I need a break, so I'll check this out.

I have converted Syracuse from GPL, and have permission to release it, but I'm haveing trouble with the CAM file, and I now think I can build a better looking version.

jeannomiller, test.pilot and drionita like this post

Back to top Go down
GT350CS

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptyMon 08 Nov 2021, 9:13 pm

Sounds good. Once again, much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
GT350CS

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptyThu 21 Dec 2023, 7:05 pm

Has anyone ever seen Marlboro converted or created for GTL/GTR2? Another great track would be the Augusta Road Course from the 1960s.

toto090369 and NEChris like this post

Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptyFri 22 Dec 2023, 11:34 pm

GT350CS wrote:
Has anyone ever seen Marlboro converted or created for GTL/GTR2? Another great track would be the Augusta Road Course from the 1960s.

Forgot all about this, so looked in my Track Work folder.

I had started it, but now realise that it is a pretty basic track, and most likely wont look too good.

It would most probably be better to build it from scratch.

I think I have Atlanta on my list of tracks to build as well.

NEChris and freeracer like this post

Back to top Go down
GT350CS

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptySat 23 Dec 2023, 2:55 am

Thank you for responding sunlap2. Appreciate all of your past efforts, many hour of enjoyment. Merry Christmas.

freeracer and sunalp2 like this post

Back to top Go down
NEChris

NEChris

Anzahl der Beiträge : 213
Ort : Between Zandvoort and Assen, not too far from Zolder, Spa, Hockenheim and Nürburg

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptySun 24 Dec 2023, 12:12 am

Other classic US tracks that woudl be nice to have would be Pensacola, Augusta and Pomona...

sunalp2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptySun 24 Dec 2023, 12:34 am

I laid down the track surface for Marlboro in BTB yesterday.

So any period pictures of the infrastructure are welcome.

CX650 and lee606 like this post

Back to top Go down
GT350CS

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptySun 24 Dec 2023, 12:53 am

sunlap2, I am looking for pictures as we speak. I did find an old video haven't watched it all yet, but here it is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h9OLNQDxwk

sunalp2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
GT350CS

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptySun 24 Dec 2023, 1:44 am

It appears that there is a Marlboro track in Assetto Corsa. I don't have the game so I cannot tell how it is.
Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptySun 24 Dec 2023, 6:20 am

Here's a good video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ud52MhRosA

lee606 likes this post

Back to top Go down
NEChris

NEChris

Anzahl der Beiträge : 213
Ort : Between Zandvoort and Assen, not too far from Zolder, Spa, Hockenheim and Nürburg

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptySun 24 Dec 2023, 2:04 pm

Some info
https://bangshift.com/bangshiftapex/42-acre-remains-former-marlboro-motor-raceway-lease-maryland-full-ghost-track-bonus-historic-video/
http://www.speedwayandroadracehistory.com/marlboro-motor-raceway.html
https://www.barcboys.com/marlboro-5560-1

sunalp2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2091

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023, 6:23 pm

Only Marlboro I've ever seen, too bad I suck at conversions.........

https://f3classictracks.sellfy.store/p/america-pack-1-greenwood-marlboro-vaca-valley/

Click 3rd pic for Marlboro video....
Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptyThu 25 Jan 2024, 10:10 pm

I’ve done quite a bit of work on my scratch build. I’ve downloaded a heap of pictures from the Facebook page. I had a small hiccup and had to re position the whole track.

Currently I’m trying to find out how the pit lane was set up.

In the center of the oval, I think the pit lane goes from top to bottom.

Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 Marlbo10

NEChris, freeracer and lee606 like this post

Back to top Go down
GT350CS

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptySat 27 Jan 2024, 3:55 am

Great work sunlap2. Wish I could help, but I have no information to add. Looking forward to seeing the completed project!
Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptySat 27 Jan 2024, 6:23 am

Looking at more photos, I think the pit enters from and exits on the oval. (left to right in that screen shot)
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2091

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptySat 27 Jan 2024, 2:36 pm

Left to right I think, enter on the corner of the oval?
Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 Marlbo10
Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 Marlbo11
Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 Marlbo12
https://www.facebook.com/111900270626725/photos/pb.100063475899475.-2207520000/121676569649095/?type=3

Last edited by joeschmoe on Sat 27 Jan 2024, 2:59 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : piccies)

NEChris and sunalp2 like this post

Back to top Go down
sunalp2

sunalp2

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptySat 27 Jan 2024, 7:05 pm

I was using a picture similar to that top one to plot the track, but it didn't have the pit lane.
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3350

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 EmptyThu 15 Feb 2024, 6:45 am

Accidentally found at FB (Group: Historic Volvo Racing & Rally Society):

Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 Readin10

(Picture by Ron Polimeni)

Text by David Greenlees:

Ron Polimeni shared this photo taken during the Reading Road Races in 1969.   The MGA behind me was piloted by Paul O'Malley.   Despite being in different classes, Paul and I engaged in a spirited battle during the opening laps of the race.   We didn't know each other at time.  50 years later, after meeting at a "Marlboro Memories" gathering, we discovered we lived about a mile apart in Capon Bridge WV.   I remember thinking at the time, what a coincidence it was for two veterans of the old Marlboro Speedway to end up living so close together in a small, rural town such as Capon Bridge.   Talking with Paul, he mentioned that he'd attended the last event held at the Reading Airport.  I told him I'd been there too.   I mentioned my battle with an MGA during my feature race.   Paul asked if I had any photo's from that event.  I said I did and next time we met, I showed him this pic.  After studying it for a moment, his eyes widened and, pointing a finger at the MGA, exclaimed, "that's me".   What are the odds?

Jeannomiller

Vanaja, joeschmoe, drionita, Pete Conway, ericgtl2 and sunalp2 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2   Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Marlboro Motor Raceway available for GTL and/or GTR2
Page 1 of 1