Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! Vote_lcapAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! Voting_barAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! Vote_lcapAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! Voting_barAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!

Go down 
+48
alex12
fatguts
frankonia
MichaW
bassman58
aldac
bonnier
Marvin Wankerstein
GT350CS
freeracer
Swede Savage
dennis95
DBR
framroze
racerm
NEChris
Nickel20
Zexer
fisheracing
Sparviero
antoniog7772
hmmguy
GregSS
MURIMI
stimpy
StevieSX
philrob
zwiss
Jeep
OscarF
joeschmoe
rainmaker62
WHIPCRACKER
jeannomiller
babis_xo
GeeDee
Loose Ether
z1000a2
Condominhas
leslav2012
ufangio
Vanaja
serpico19717
ney.dias
oldman
scot15
DarkSide
gpo
52 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
hmmguy

hmmguy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 790

Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! Empty
PostSubject: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015, 8:07 pm

Well, here it is folks. The culmination of a promise I made nearly 2 years ago to create the original Can-Am series as best as possible for my beloved GTR2 mod and community and friends.

It consists of the seasons spanning 1966 through to and including 1973. I stopped there due to 1974 being cancelled halfway through in large part due to the oil embargo created by the then newly formed OPEC countries that for those of us old enough to remember sent oil prices skyrocketing through the roof leading to a world wide gasoline shortage. Many gas stations had mile (literally) long line-ups to get it and many small business gas stations folded as a result. So I made a finale season of sorts and gave it a fitting name. I'll let you download the mod to find out what I named it.

I have written an extensive readme that includes pictures to go along with the written instructions as to how to utilize the Seasons files and by all means, if anyone needs any further assistance, pm me as I'll be happy to help. While the cars will work no matter which season or track hdc file is loaded, it is highly recommended to use the proper track version of the car's hdc file in order to get the most out of the mod. Be sure to read the readme folks!

this link contains the entire mod including 18 tracks by PhilRob, BillBro and Racerm as these great fellows were kind enough to give me permission to include and many are versions that have never either been seen in GTR2 before! That said, not all of the tracks needed are included. Those tracks are readily available through other forums and if you need any help with this, pm me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Kausx0sbuLNm1HbFlRZE5wRE0/view?usp=sharing

This next link contains the full mod but without the tracks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Kausx0sbuLWndqYUhwZHZHSUk/view?usp=sharing

This last link contains the tracks ONLY

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Kausx0sbuLZG1JU2pXSlJaZnM/view?usp=sharing

While I did my best to make the cars as close and realistic to their real counterparts, I know quite well that the cars by lap times are too fast to the originals. I know they probably have too much grip. It has always been my belief since I began my sim racing life that the problem of the missing seat-of-the-pants or butt pucker as I call it was missing. This meant that typically the only way you could drive a car that had supposedly real tire grip meant basically crawling around. Any more and you were either spinning the rears and or locking up the brakes and/or missing turns and crashing as you don't get the time to react to the impending doom/butt pucker that you'd have in real life. So I gave them more grip and therefore a bit more of a chance to catch the car from spinning as well as the opportunity to really wring them out that you would dare do without it. Now, it's hardly like the cars are on rails as you can still spin them out or blow wide entering a turn with the brakes locked up but just not as much. Have fun and work your setups!

I would also like to point out that as it sits currently, EVO MODDING is the only public forum this mod will be released at so if word of it should spread, I hope EVO is ready for new members!

Finally, a very Merry Christmas to all of you!

Phil (hmmguy)

Something I forgot to mention folks, this mod originally only had 3 or 4 sort of kinda cockpits with a functioning steering wheel only. Most simply had a painted hole to call the cockpit. Then as I mention in the readme, a few fellows helped toward correcting this. dbr added the first proper cockpits for what was called the "Ford vs Chevy" mini mod I made from the T70s once I realized the potential variations the original mod had. Then a friend that goes by the nn tomtom (not sure if he's a member here) created a generic cockpit for the 917/30s and the various versions of the Shadows before work stole him away...or back is more like it hehe Then a while layer, a fellow member here that goes by kikoya offered to help by taking what tomtom had done and he began adapting that generic cockpit to a large number of the cars until he too was stolen back. Along the way he stumbled across some proper cockpit files for the Chaparrals that were already there but named wrong or something similar and he brought those to life for all the Chappys. All together I think there are now only 10 or 11 cars left with that sad hole in the painted cockpit left to complete every car having a cockpit. Even still this makes for another huge advancement to the quality of the cars. Even then, there are still going to be other errors graphically in need of someone willing to make the needed corrections. Such as with the mirrors on some of the cars perhaps showing the wrong side or even looking straight up and anywhere between...or still missing outright for that matter. Lest we forget, aside from the M1B, these cars originated from SCGT a decade ago. Thanks to a very talented fellow member and sim racing god (PhilRob) the car models have more than quadrupled in file size and quality. Just the car graphics alone today are as much as the entire original mod used be with everything included lol!

Should you discover anything else such as the mirrors problems or other parts wrong graphically and know how to correct them, I can't thank you enough! Also if anyone is willing to take a crack at adding generic cockpits (beats a hole with paint to look), please pm here bounce

Missing sound fix for the McLaren M6A here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Kausx0sbuLb0ZWV0YtZmp4VUU/view?usp=sharing

Corrected main mod .gdb file and .car class lines found here and straight overwrite is all that's needed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Kausx0sbuLdnNaUE9lVkdBakE/view?usp=sharing

Missing cockpit sounds for the McLaren M1B_Olds found here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Kausx0sbuLNDN0OHFHWl9oQTA/view?usp=sharing

The Complete Car List by Season that includes an explanation of what you're seeing in it and the Complete Track List by Season and Sequence
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Kausx0sbuLNlBCOTN5NUdqV2M/view?usp=sharing

missing McLaren M20 and M20 Turbo sounds along with corrected M20.aud found here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Kausx0sbuLU1U1bjFJeUh1NHc/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by hmmguy on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 10:36 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
gpo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 19

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015, 8:38 pm

and eventually, the time has come!!! cheers santa cheers santa cheers  Merry Christimas to all
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015, 8:54 pm

Yeeeeeehawwwwwwww!!!!!

Fantastic work Phil m8y... What an immense Christmas present from you and I didn't even get you a pair of socks or a tie... darn it!!!!!

Cheers and can't thank you enough for this m8!!!!!  rendeer santa cheers santa Very Happy santa clown santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
DarkSide

DarkSide

Anzahl der Beiträge : 470

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015, 9:36 pm

Cheers Phil!!!

Superb work on the Can-Am, one of my favourite championships in automobile racing history Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Merry X-Mas to you and yours and everyone on this forum board Very Happy
Back to top Go down
leslav2012

leslav2012

Anzahl der Beiträge : 249

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015, 11:48 pm

What a corking gift. This is going to need a serious sit down with mind calming liquids for company, or my name's not Glen Morangie! Merry xmas, Phil.

Last edited by leslav2012 on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015, 11:50 pm

Merry Christmas to you too Glen! And you're very welcome as are the other folks above you and sure to follow this post too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015, 12:02 am

I need to say one more thing here and I'll be adding this comment to the op as well as I think it important that I do so.

While I did my best to make the cars as close and realistic to their real counterparts, I know quite well that the cars by lap times are too fast to the originals. I know they probably have too much grip. It has always been my belief since I began my sim racing life that the problem of the missing seat-of-the-pants or butt pucker as I call it was missing. This meant that typically the only way you could drive a car that had supposedly real tire grip meant basically crawling around. Any more and you were either spinning the rears and or locking up the brakes and/or missing turns and crashing as you don't get the time to react to the impending doom/butt pucker that you'd have in real life. So I gave them more grip and therefore a bit more of a chance to catch the car from spinning as well as the opportunity to really wring them out that you would dare do without it. Now, it's hardly like the cars are on rails as you can still spin them out or blow wide entering a turn with the brakes locked up but just not as much.

Have fun and work your setups!

What a Face

Back to top Go down
scot15

scot15

Anzahl der Beiträge : 19

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015, 12:22 am

Brilliant! Now downloading/unwrapping (It is 00:22am on the 25th here. Present unwrapping is now allowed). Thanks 'n Merry Christmas!
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015, 2:24 am

lol! Cool scot15 bounce

Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015, 2:45 am

Something I forgot to mention folks, this mod originally only had 3 or 4 sort of kinda cockpits with a functioning steering wheel only. Most simply had a painted hole to call the cockpit. Then as I mention in the readme, a few fellows helped toward correcting this. dbr added the first proper cockpits for what was called the "Ford vs Chevy" mini mod I made from the T70s once I realized the potential variations the original mod had. Then a friend that goes by the nn tomtom (not sure if he's a member here) created a generic cockpit for the 917/30s and the various versions of the Shadows before work stole him away...or back is more like it hehe Then a while layer, a fellow member here that goes by kikoya offered to help by taking what tomtom had done and he began adapting that generic cockpit to a large number of the cars until he too was stolen back. Along the way he stumbled across some proper cockpit files for the Chaparrals that were already there but named wrong or something similar and he brought those to life for all the Chappys. All together I think there are now only 10 or 11 cars left with that sad hole in the painted cockpit left to complete every car having a cockpit. Even still this makes for another huge advancement to the quality of the cars. Even then, there are still going to be other errors graphically in need of someone willing to make the needed corrections. Such as with the mirrors on some of the cars perhaps showing the wrong side or even looking straight up and anywhere between...or still missing outright for that matter. Lest we forget, aside from the M1B, these cars originated from SCGT a decade ago. Thanks to a very talented fellow member and sim racing god (PhilRob) the car models have more than quadrupled in file size and quality. Just the car graphics alone today are as much as the entire original mod used be with everything included lol!

Should you discover anything else such as the mirrors problems or other parts wrong graphically and know how to correct them, I can't thank you enough! Also if anyone is willing to take a crack at adding generic cockpits (beats a hole with paint to look), please pm here bounce
Back to top Go down
antoniog7772

Anzahl der Beiträge : 596

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015, 3:09 am

Now,isnt AMT the best? I'm a bit overboozed aka drunk, but all I can say is......

... damn i forgot what I was about to say.......

..... oh wait i remember ..... Phil , brother , Absolutely FABULASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!! Hard work , lots of ethusiasm and now became real!!!

S#it , now i got to drink one more.... to you bro and to Can-Am glory, Bottoms Up!!!!

cheers cheers santa rendeer cheers
Back to top Go down
http://shivernshake.ativoforum.com/
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015, 4:32 am

well it seems I managed to forget to pack one of the sounds...for the McLaren M6A. Thanks for the catch Gordon!

I have uploaded the fix for it to the bottom of the op. If you find any other sounds missing, please pm me so as I can post the files needed.
Back to top Go down
Sparviero

Sparviero

Anzahl der Beiträge : 35

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015, 8:01 am

Fantastic, just downloading, thanks
Back to top Go down
oldman

Anzahl der Beiträge : 66

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015, 8:06 pm

Great mod. Congratulations to all involved.
Back to top Go down
babis_xo

babis_xo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 537

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015, 8:40 pm

Thank you and a Merry Christmas to all!
Back to top Go down
rainmaker62

rainmaker62

Anzahl der Beiträge : 481

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015, 8:54 pm

Hmmguy...you sir...are a SAINT! Thank you and Merry Christmas
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2358

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015, 10:05 pm

Dear hmmguy! What a surprise! Very well done! Congrats to make a so nice project and share it with us!

===============================================
Sorry to ask, but do do you intend to make a GTL version??
If not, what must I do? Only change classes line at each .car file? I think it's not only this.
Could you teach me, please?? Cheers and nice holidays for you!!
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptySat 26 Dec 2015, 5:57 am

ney.dias wrote:
Dear hmmguy! What a surprise! Very well done! Congrats to make a so nice project and share it with us!

If not, what must I do? Only change classes line at each .car file? I think it's not only this.

Thanks Ney!

As for how to convert the mod to GTL, I'd like to know how as well as I have no idea what all is required so I'm hoping someone else will enlighten us on how to do so!

Hope you have fun with the mod!
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptySat 26 Dec 2015, 5:58 am

rainmaker62 wrote:
Hmmguy...you sir...are a SAINT! Thank you and Merry Christmas

Dunno about a saint as I have 2 former wives that may say otherwise but thanks just the same! Merry Christmas to you too!
Back to top Go down
babis_xo

babis_xo

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptySat 26 Dec 2015, 10:13 am

hmmguy wrote:
ney.dias wrote:

Thanks Ney!

As for how to convert the mod to GTL, I'd like to know how as well as I have no idea what all is required so I'm hoping someone else will enlighten us on how to do so!

Hope you have fun with the mod!

Happy Holidays to all and thanks again Phil!
Ney, I already started to convert the cars only to GTL but the data is huuuge (hey Phil, what the... lol! ) and maybe it could take some time. Be patient... 'till the bold gets afro
lol!

PS: I think the "Shadow_dn4.CAS" file is missing. Phil, can you upload it please?

Last edited by babis_xo on Sat 26 Dec 2015, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptySat 26 Dec 2015, 10:17 am

bwahahahaa...umm...you're welcome? lol!
Back to top Go down
serpico19717

Anzahl der Beiträge : 56

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptySat 26 Dec 2015, 8:22 pm

Absolutely fantastic mod chaps.

Thanks for the hard work.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptySat 26 Dec 2015, 9:51 pm

@ Babis.

The file should be there in the 'SHADOW_DN4' folder as it is in mine. cheers
Back to top Go down
babis_xo

babis_xo

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptySun 27 Dec 2015, 12:26 pm

Thanks GeeDee,
unfortunately it isn't there. Maybe I deleted the file by mistake pale
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! EmptySun 27 Dec 2015, 9:29 pm

babis_xo wrote:
Thanks GeeDee,
unfortunately it isn't there. Maybe I deleted the file by mistake pale

Have you checked your 'Recycle bin'??

Anyhooo here's a link to the file for you. It should download as soon as you use the link.
https://www.mediafire.com/?calcs4bafbcb22c

Have fun chum. clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next