Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Vote_lcapAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Voting_barAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Vote_lcapAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Voting_barAbsolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!

Go down 
+48
alex12
fatguts
frankonia
MichaW
bassman58
aldac
bonnier
Marvin Wankerstein
GT350CS
freeracer
Swede Savage
dennis95
DBR
framroze
racerm
NEChris
Nickel20
Zexer
fisheracing
Sparviero
antoniog7772
hmmguy
GregSS
MURIMI
stimpy
StevieSX
philrob
zwiss
Jeep
OscarF
joeschmoe
rainmaker62
WHIPCRACKER
jeannomiller
babis_xo
GeeDee
Loose Ether
z1000a2
Condominhas
leslav2012
ufangio
Vanaja
serpico19717
ney.dias
oldman
scot15
DarkSide
gpo
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
hmmguy

hmmguy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 790

Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyFri 01 Jan 2016, 12:37 pm

Folks, something occurred to me and I wanted to ask you if you're all aware that there are 3 sections to the mod with the main section being where you find the seasons and the others being the 60s cars individually and the 3rd being the 70s cars individually. I just wanted to make sure you all see the 3 sections in the classes tab
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Gtr2_210
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Gtr2_211
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Gtr2_212
Back to top Go down
babis_xo

babis_xo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 537

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyFri 01 Jan 2016, 3:29 pm

hmmguy wrote:
Folks, something occurred to me ... I just wanted to make sure you all see the 3 sections in the classes tab

WOA mate Shocked   I think you've gone too far last night.
Maybe you can find something >here<
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyFri 01 Jan 2016, 4:16 pm

babis_xo wrote:
hmmguy wrote:
Folks, something occurred to me ... I just wanted to make sure you all see the 3 sections in the classes tab

WOA mate Shocked   I think you've gone too far last night.
Maybe you can find something >here<

Bwahahahaahaha!!! lol! lol! lol! The funny part is, I don't drink...virtually never as I have health issues that alcohol triggers. Damn cluster headaches! It's been many years now. Don't get me wrong though as I'm far from a teetotaler and enjoy my green instead What a Face

Honestly though, I am curious if any of the folks here only saw the main tab and had no idea the other 2 were there. Smile
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2135

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptySat 02 Jan 2016, 7:00 pm

cheers

As a side note, if you remove the } from above the "Max Vehicles = 30" statement in the EarlyBrands.gdb file, the Opponents slider will stop turning red "early", before you run out of cars..........

Last edited by joeschmoe on Tue 05 Jan 2016, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptySun 03 Jan 2016, 1:52 am

ahh yes...one of my big OOPS moments with the Can-Am mod lol I forgot to remove that before releasing the mod. Shocked Embarassed
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyMon 04 Jan 2016, 2:23 am

just thought of something I should maybe point out about the Chaparral cars. Since they were semi- automatics, it must have been brutal waiting on the upshifts with no clutch and having to match the rpms up once they dropped enough for the next taller gear. So to replicate that aspect, I timed the upshift timing to be much slower on the upshifts. That said, since it was merely a well placed blip to match the rpms on a downshift making it instantly, I made that be the fastest shifts in the mod but again, only with the Chappys. Something else I found was that when I used the shifter on my G27, it couldn't keep up with the downshift speed so that it was more like the other cars and this meant losing the downshift advantage potential. So I recommend if you're using a shifter that maybe only use it for the upshift and use the paddles for the downshift as it's nearly a full second faster than the other cars doing so.
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyFri 08 Jan 2016, 2:36 am

well, it seems there are still more sounds I neglected to include as discovered by Loose Ether...thanks again Terry!! Link added to bottom of op
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

Anzahl der Beiträge : 453

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyFri 08 Jan 2016, 3:25 am

You are welcome Phil. Very Happy

I think you have done a great job on the physics, not that I know how these beasties should drive but I certainly love the way they drive in GTR2.

A lot of fun and very exciting.
Whilst doing the mirrors, I have been testing them on Bathurst, which they seem to suit. A bit hairy at the top of the mountain but it all adds to the thrill !

cheers
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyFri 08 Jan 2016, 4:13 am

Glad you like the way they drive Terry. That was something paramount to me was to add enough grip that you'd have a chance to catch them but not so much that you can take very many turns with your foot to the floor.

Bathurst was one of my original choices for the FO tracks but I couldn't find a version that the ai was good on. Otherwise for sure it would have been part of the mix.

Thanks again for your latest catch and with those sounds now added along with the corrected M20.aud, you should have a much better turbo sound experience should you dare to try the M20 Turbo
Twisted Evil lol!

Last edited by hmmguy on Fri 08 Jan 2016, 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

Anzahl der Beiträge : 453

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyFri 08 Jan 2016, 4:20 am

Yes, you can easily enough end up in a bit of tank slapping if you are not careful and over-correct when the rear end steps out !
Adds to the fun though and keeps you on your toes !
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Jan 2016, 8:04 am

I can't believe I forgot to mention this!!! I managed to locate all the programme covers of every race from 1966 through to 1973. I then either created track lod files from them or added them to an existing picture.
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 67br_l11
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Stjo_l11
what's cool about the pic above is that this is the start of the very first race of the Canadian-American Challenge Cup that went on to become known as the Can-Am Series.
The only track I didn't make one for was the missing Michigan Speedway RC track. Otherwise each is similar to above for each of the tracks.

If you're like minded and want all the proper period immersion you can get in the game, I highly recommend you dl the tracks included if you haven't already and are simply using what you may have thought to be identical to the tracks in the mod. They're totally not for the most part and PhilRob made a point of making huge changes to existing current versions so as to look the period. He also taught me about the fact that Laguna Seca used to be a somewhat different layout than the current layout. I was kinda shocked as I was a fan back in the day yet didn't know of this. To illustrate, look where the pits were at Laguna Seca in 1967!
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 67_l_l11
They're to the right of the front straight. The layout also has much better flow and is a blast to drive.

As you can see, you may want to dl the tracks for the mod after all if you like the immersion aspect.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Jan 2016, 10:44 pm

Excellent dear Phil m8. You have really pushed the boat out so far with this mod that your over the horizon and on the way to Timbuktu!!!
Back to top Go down
rainmaker62

rainmaker62

Anzahl der Beiträge : 481

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Jan 2016, 10:59 pm

Phil...You're awesome!
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Jan 2016, 11:13 pm

The "old" track was much better, a little shorter, but much faster, though turn 4 could be very unnerving.....
Thanks for including the old versions where possible! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016, 8:48 pm

Riverside, turn 1, 180mph, damn these things are fun!!!!!
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Abs%20CanAm%20RiversdTurn1
Back to top Go down
WHIPCRACKER

WHIPCRACKER

Anzahl der Beiträge : 279

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptySat 16 Jan 2016, 6:05 pm

The first time I saw the season 1 Chaparral backfire I actually laughed---those flames coming out of those bazookas were amazing. Shocked Twisted Evil

I've been working on a 50s 60s mod for the last year and a half but I have to dedicate some quality seat time for this mod. Very Happy

On top of that I just got WINNING with Paul Newman so these cars have become more important personally to me.

Thanks for all your hard work

DRAGON
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptySat 16 Jan 2016, 11:59 pm

[quote="joeschmoe"]Riverside, turn 1, 180mph, damn these things are fun!!!!!
quote]

WHIPCRACKER wrote:
The first time I saw the season 1 Chaparral backfire I actually laughed---those flames coming out of those bazookas were amazing. Shocked Twisted Evil

I've been working on a 50s 60s mod for the last year and a half but I have to dedicate some quality seat time for this mod. Very Happy

On top of that I just got WINNING with Paul Newman so these cars have become more important personally to me.

Thanks for all your hard work

DRAGON

This is great to hear you guys! Yep, this makes me very happy indeed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 28 Jan 2016, 6:54 pm

Hey there folks, great news about this Absolute Can-Am mod! Loose Ether has been busily working away adding gauges, drivers and steering wheels and working mirrors as well to the remaining cars! He has also managed to make sure all sounds are now working fully for every car. These new files will be available in the not too distant future so as to further make this mod as good as it can be! I'm very excited as I've been granted a peak into what he's been up to bounce  bounce

This is now what the view from the cockpit looks like in one of the Lola T163 cars
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Gtr2_213

this from the cockpit of the McLaren Chaparral M12
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Gtr2_214

Along with my good friend Mr. Ether's works, another good friend known locally as the Gman or Geedee...he answers to both...has also jumped in to bring the skins up even further as well as making them far more accurate where possible as you can see with the Autocoast car(s)
Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Gtr2_215

All the new additional files for the cockpits will be made available as a separate update file and once Mr. G is done with the skin updating, those will also be made available as an update. Also at that time, the mod will be re-released here with all sound corrections and changes previously posted here along with the new skin and cockpit files already added so as to make it one file again. I don't see any point in including the tracks as nothing will have changed in that regard.

Cool eh! Cool
Back to top Go down
babis_xo

babis_xo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 537

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 28 Jan 2016, 8:39 pm

A bravo cheers to the team
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3456

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 28 Jan 2016, 8:48 pm

cheers Basketball

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
WHIPCRACKER

WHIPCRACKER

Anzahl der Beiträge : 279

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 28 Jan 2016, 9:19 pm

Nice that Terry and Gordon are helping out---the true spirit of Community cheers
Back to top Go down
antoniog7772

Anzahl der Beiträge : 596

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 28 Jan 2016, 10:40 pm

awsome
Back to top Go down
http://shivernshake.ativoforum.com/
rainmaker62

rainmaker62

Anzahl der Beiträge : 481

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016, 1:10 am

You guys rule!
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016, 3:10 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers cheers cheers Great news!!!
Back to top Go down
Sparviero

Sparviero

Anzahl der Beiträge : 35

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 EmptySat 05 Mar 2016, 10:23 am

Personal update (franken approach + some skinning):

Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Canam11

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zyphggvkwbkck2c/CANAM_UPD.7z
If you are interest, don't overwrite the files: you have to manually edit .car file according to your installation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!   Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Absolute Can-Am has finally arrived!!
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next