Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion Vote_lcaprFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion Voting_barrFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion Vote_lcaprFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion Voting_barrFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

Darkspace83

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion

Go down 
+16
lauter
MG421982
HUE166
DarkSide
MOF
delta_lima
Funfreak
deep-strike
nikbear
alain62
GeeDee
tipo66
DBR
Vintage Racer
gege46
Loose Ether
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

Anzahl der Beiträge : 453

rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion Empty
PostSubject: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 4:44 pm

Hi All,

Well I've recently got permission from SlimJim to convert the rFactor F1 Classic mod to GTL and wanted to share with you my progress.
This is my first attempt at a conversion so it has been a learn as I go experience.

I have had some great help from BorekS (GTR2 Marcos and now Cooper T73 fame), he has been my patient 'coach' and also Whipcracker who has done some of the cars physics and now deep-strike who is helping me also with the physics.

A huge thank you to you guys cheers cheers
Because without you this wouldn't be happening !

So here are a few pics of how it is going. These from just before Christmas and my ambition is to have it ready for release both here and at F1 Classic of course in about 1 - 2 months. Quite a bit more work has been done since these pics, like driver suits and helmets but these piccys will do for now . Smile

rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion 67_fuj10
rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion 67_fuj11
rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion 67_fuj12
rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion 67_fuj13

Last edited by Loose Ether on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:27 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
gege46

gege46

Anzahl der Beiträge : 103

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 5:02 pm

Wow! tell us more about wich cars and track do you plan to convert? great work!
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 5:04 pm

Hey, thank you !

I am doing the entire F1 Classic mod - all the cars and variations but there are no tracks, just the cars. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vintage Racer
Premium Member
Premium Member
Vintage Racer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 227

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 5:06 pm

Verry nice bounce
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 5:07 pm

So the list of cars is :

Brabham BT20 (really just the BT24 with different skins and hopefully physics)
Brabham BT24
BRM P83
Cooper T81B
Eagle T1F
Eagle T1G
Eagle T2G
Ferrari 312 - 66 (Mike Parkes)
Ferrari 312 - 67
Honda RA300
Lotus 43 (Lotus 49 with different physics and BRM engine graphics)
Lotus 49
McLaren M5A

Smile

Last edited by Loose Ether on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to include the McLaren)
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 5:18 pm

All the cars have been converted and put into their respective places. You can select each group individually i.e the Eagles are separate to each other as are the Brabhams and the Lotus cars.

29 individual cars and possibly another 2 fictitious skins, like the yellow/orange Brabham you see in one of the pics and a BRM.

The Eagle T2G's are Indy Eagles.

I might just leave it with the historically correct cars though, still undecided on that front.
Smile

The main work left to do is some of the car physics and the fiddly bits like driver position, hands to wheel placement, icons and biks....that sort of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Vintage Racer
Premium Member
Premium Member
Vintage Racer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 227

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 5:30 pm

Oh I would keep them all, the T2G is a real car after all.
I wouldn't exclude it just because it ran at Indy.
Who knows what other cars might be out there that could run with it, you might start a whole group of people wanting to put together a grid of classid Indy cars.
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 5:33 pm

Oh for sure mate, I'll keep the Indy Eagles Smile

I meant just the Brabham and the BRM. Well it is only 2 cars (skins).

Smile
Back to top Go down
DBR

DBR

Anzahl der Beiträge : 129

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 5:37 pm

Looks great Loose Ether! I think you should keep the fantasy livries too, because you can never have too many historic F1s!
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 5:39 pm

I'm glad you guys like how it's going and I am really eager to get it released but when it's done is soon enough. bounce bounce

Well it is no problem to leave the other two in as well, seeing as they are done......ok, they are also staying IN !!

There.

Smile
Back to top Go down
tipo66

Anzahl der Beiträge : 135

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 5:52 pm

Wow affraid affraid affraid

I cant wait, its very good for GTL cheers cheers bounce

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 6:00 pm

Thanks tippo66,

Remember though I'm just converting it and the hard work was done by SlimJim and co who created the mod for rFactor.

Having said that, I don't think you will be disappointed when it is released for GTL !
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 7:25 pm

These look really cool.

Good call leaving those 2 cars in in m8 as anyone who doesn't want them can simply delete them if they want to.

They say the newer F1 cars can in theory run upside down because of there tremendous downforce... well I guess those guys down in Australia aready new that fact, he he.
Laughing tongue clown
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 7:31 pm

Hey Birthday Boy !!! - Don't forget that things always happen first here as well - like your Birthday. Very Happy

Thanks for the kind comment Gee.

I will wait till it is done too before I announce on F1 Classic ( in case you were wondering).

Well I remember an old saying about upside down
If your nose runs and your feet smell you are built upside down - I guess that's been me.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 7:37 pm

Quote :
Loose Ether said:
"Well I remember an old saying about upside down
If your nose runs and your feet smell you are built upside down - I guess that's been me. Very Happy"

Hi... you must be my long lost bro then!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 7:40 pm

GeeDee wrote:
Hi... you must be my long lost bro then!!!!!
Wink

Last edited by Loose Ether on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alain62

alain62

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1071

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 8:53 pm

Hi Loose Ether,
Wonderful Mod cyclops , good idea ! Many thanks to all involved. bounce
cheers
Back to top Go down
nikbear

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1191

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 6:18 pm

Wonderful news!! cheers bounce Pass on the grateful thanks&respect to SlimJim for the share of his work,much appreciated Very Happy
Also BorekS & Whipcracker and of course yourself,Loose Ether for all your work in this challenge of kindly give us GTL's chaps a slice of 'Proper' F1 racing Wink cheers bounce Very Happy
Very exciting !!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 6:29 pm

@alain62 - glad you are looking forward to and I hope you like it when I finally get it out there.

@nikbear, Awww you forgot to mention deep-strike Crying or Very sad
But........I'm sure he will forgive you Razz

Yes it is very exciting for me too as this is my very favourite period of F1 - loved GPL to death and still give it a spin even today.

As I mentioned before I am very lucky to have the help of such great guys and to have this opportunity to add to my beloved GTL and the only decent thing to do is to share it with everyone who wants it ! Very Happy

And it was very kind of Slimjim to give me permission !
Back to top Go down
nikbear

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1191

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 6:35 pm

Awfully sorry Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed And of course Deep-Strike! Have to admit I was so excited I didn't read fully your post,got a bit carried away! Embarassed Wink
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 6:42 pm

I'm sure deep won't be hurt and I was just teasing you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
deep-strike

deep-strike

Anzahl der Beiträge : 931

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 7:32 pm

@ nikbear
No problem. Very Happy
This can happen in the excitement. Wink
I felt the same when I was asked by Loose Ether if I wanted to help him with this project. bounce bounce bounce

And one thing let me tell you, there is an awesome piece F1 history for you. Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 7:42 pm

Hey deep glad you dropped by - this is your thread as much as mine now mate.

Anything you want to add as to your progress, feel free.
Very Happy

Now....where are my HDCs !! Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
deep-strike

deep-strike

Anzahl der Beiträge : 931

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 9:08 pm

Thanks for that. Very Happy

Do not panic, your hdc's are on the way. lol!
Back to top Go down
Funfreak

Funfreak

Anzahl der Beiträge : 147

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013, 2:17 pm

Wow! Even more cars I surely won't be able to drive lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion   rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion Empty

Back to top Go down

rFactor F1 Classic - GTL conversion
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next