Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible Vote_lcaprFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible Voting_barrFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible Vote_lcaprFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible Voting_barrFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Miljan71

Anzahl der Beiträge : 11

rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible Empty
PostSubject: rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible   rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 7:45 pm

Hi, guys,

I have converted a car from rFactor to GTR2 (for private use), got the car running OK, but only the basic body color is visible in game. As I used a ''donor'' GTR2 car for conversion, I saved the original rfactor skin overwriting the donor's one. It does not appear in game, no matter I put it to .gtr file, or left loose in car folder.

I used the Photoshop dds plugin to save the body1.dds as DXT1, 4bpp RGB, no alpha, same size as it was in rFactor.

Is it to do with the genstring in the .car file?

I'd appreciate any help on this. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible   rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 10:03 pm

Do you have all the same car skin numbers on all of your files and in the .car file too? If they are not the same then it's probably the reason.

There could also be other reasons but I don't know of them, perhaps someone else could help too.

Gee Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Miljan71

PostSubject: Re: rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible   rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 10:14 pm

GeeDee wrote:
Do you have all the same car skin numbers on all of your files and in the .car file too? If they are not the same then it's probably the reason.

There could also be other reasons but I don't know of them, perhaps someone else could help too.

Gee Very Happy

Gee, thanks for your response, but I have checked and the numbers both in the filenames and in .car file are correct. I'm puzzled scratch
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible   rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 10:21 pm

The GenString only controls the colour if you have chosen to do it that way.
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

Anzahl der Beiträge : 453

PostSubject: Re: rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible   rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible EmptySun 24 Feb 2013, 4:34 pm

Hi Miljan71.

Did you ever have a skin visible in GTR2 ?
If not then It sounds like you have the wrong name for the body texture.

To check this you use 3DSimEd to see what material name has been assigned to the body.

I think I can help you to get your skin to show but I will need some more details.
To make a car 'skinnable' you need to use the wildcard naming scheme of GTR2.
In the case of the car body the material will be named wc_team_body1_pa (or something very similar - the pa part stands for paint).

so to name your skin texture :
wc_team part comes from your number= and the manufacturer= from the .car file.
i.e Example car has in its .car file this :
Number=45
Manufacturer='HotRod'

So if the car body material is named wc_team_body1_pa, to skin it with your own skin you would name your skin 45_HotRod_body1.dds and just leave it in the car folder.

See if you can make some sense of that. Smile

If this is no good to you then we can try again.
I'd be happy to take a look at the model and sort it out if you have problems or don't have 3DSimEd.
Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Miljan71

PostSubject: Re: rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible   rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible EmptySun 24 Feb 2013, 9:46 pm

Loose Ether wrote:
Hi Miljan71.

Did you ever have a skin visible in GTR2 ?
If not then It sounds like you have the wrong name for the body texture.

To check this you use 3DSimEd to see what material name has been assigned to the body.

I think I can help you to get your skin to show but I will need some more details.
To make a car 'skinnable' you need to use the wildcard naming scheme of GTR2.
In the case of the car body the material will be named wc_team_body1_pa (or something very similar - the pa part stands for paint).

so to name your skin texture :
wc_team part comes from your number= and the manufacturer= from the .car file.
i.e Example car has in its .car file this :
Number=45
Manufacturer='HotRod'

So if the car body material is named wc_team_body1_pa, to skin it with your own skin you would name your skin 45_HotRod_body1.dds and just leave it in the car folder.

See if you can make some sense of that. Smile

If this is no good to you then we can try again.
I'd be happy to take a look at the model and sort it out if you have problems or don't have 3DSimEd.
Very Happy

Hi, Loose Ether,

thanks for help, I'll give it a try as soon as I have a bit of time to do that. I have 3DSimEd, and hope I'll sort it out. I'll report on the outcome Smile

EDIT:

It works! Thank you so much, Loose Ether!

Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

Anzahl der Beiträge : 453

PostSubject: Re: rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible   rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013, 2:20 am

Wonderful news !!
I'm happy that you have it working mate.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible   rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible Empty

Back to top Go down

rFactor to GTR2 conversion - car skin not visible
Page 1 of 1