Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  Vote_lcapConversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  Voting_barConversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  Vote_lcapConversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  Voting_barConversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL

Go down 
+5
hmmguy
GeeDee
zoobear
ney.dias
sakis
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sakis

sakis

Anzahl der Beiträge : 125

Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  Empty
PostSubject: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 4:26 pm

Hi,does anybody know a link about conversion gtr2 tracks to gtl except for this at NoGrip.Or is there someone who knows different methods?Because I tried the steps from NoGrip but nothing.... Sad
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2358

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 5:35 pm

@sakis: GeeDee or Rickoshea are THE men to help you. For sure they have good instructions to teach you how to do. I just can tell you that is very easy! Good luck. Ask them, sending a PM, maybe! cheers 
Back to top Go down
sakis

sakis

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 5:42 pm

ok thank you very much.I will send message after and if it's so easy I will be happy because I have 3-4 tracks to convert Smile
Back to top Go down
zoobear

Anzahl der Beiträge : 60

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 6:43 pm

sakis wrote:
Because I tried the steps from NoGrip but nothing.... Sad

What was the error message in trace file? I converted some tracks from GTR2 using N2LO's tutorial from nogrip and they work fine, so this method is OK.
Back to top Go down
sakis

sakis

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 6:46 pm

zoobear wrote:
sakis wrote:
Because I tried the steps from NoGrip but nothing.... Sad

What was the error message in trace file? I converted some tracks from GTR2 using N2LO's tutorial from nogrip and they work fine, so this method is OK.

There is no trace file!!!!!
Back to top Go down
zoobear

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 6:53 pm

sakis wrote:
Yes, by default GTL won't creat one so please check the link below how to fix it;)

http://evolution-modding.forumotion.com/t113-how-to-create-trace-file
Back to top Go down
sakis

sakis

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 6:55 pm

zoobear wrote:
sakis wrote:
Yes, by default GTL won't creat one so please check the link below how to fix it;)

http://evolution-modding.forumotion.com/t113-how-to-create-trace-file

I know the procedure but I told you...there is no... trace file!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 9:16 pm

@ Zoobear

The tutorial on NoGrip isn't as clear about what not to do when converting as my success rate at first was not very good. I updated the tutorial and you, or anyone who wants it can download it from here:-

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cc2oxxcees8ff8f/Quick_Convert_GTR2_tracks_to_GTL.7z

It's not very often that I find a track that won't convert now!

Have fun and any problems please PM me.
Back to top Go down
zoobear

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 9:39 pm

Thanks GeeDee for this link. I just checked your tut and found one thing that isn't clear enough I think - you shortened 'rreflect' to just 'rref'. And you also didn't write anything about 'masfile=' in TRK files. Anyway, I'd say that having both tuts is the way to go;) Once again thank you for your help.
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 10:33 pm

@ GeeDee: do you know something , more intimately, about a car called Renault Capture??
You know what I mean, dear buddy?? cheers lol! lol! lol! santa albino rendeer 
Back to top Go down
sakis

sakis

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 10:58 pm

GeeDee wrote:
@ Zoobear

The tutorial on NoGrip isn't as clear about what not to do when converting as my success rate at first was not very good. I updated the tutorial and you, or anyone who wants it can download it from here:-

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cc2oxxcees8ff8f/Quick_Convert_GTR2_tracks_to_GTL.7z

It's not very often that I find a track that won't convert now!

Have fun and any problems please PM me.

A very BIG THANKS to GeeDee for his CLEAR GUIDE  lol! 
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 11:06 pm

zoobear wrote:
Thanks GeeDee for this link. I just checked your tut and found one thing that isn't clear enough I think - you shortened 'rreflect' to just 'rref'. And you also didn't write anything about 'masfile=' in TRK files. Anyway, I'd say that having both tuts is the way to go;) Once again thank you for your help.

I didn't write anything about those MAS files as you do not need to change them at all. The less you have to change the greater the chance of getting it to work!

To find the refflection files if there are any (not always there) I put rref into a search (CTRL/F) and this finds where the lines start to save time.

Hope that helps more.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 11:08 pm

ney.dias wrote:
@ GeeDee: do you know something , more intimately, about a car called Renault Capture??

Yes... I got it on Wednesday 2pm!!!!  bounce clown Very Happy Laughing Wink I love you rabbit cheers jocolor king 
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 790

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptySat 03 May 2014, 12:50 am

GeeDee wrote:
ney.dias wrote:

Yes... I got it on Wednesday 2pm!!!!  bounce clown Very Happy Laughing Wink I love you rabbit cheers jocolor king 

Congrats on the new wheels finally arriving mate! bounce PICS!! hehe
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptySat 03 May 2014, 3:01 am

hmmguy wrote:
GeeDee wrote:
ney.dias wrote:

Congrats on the new wheels finally arriving mate! bounce PICS!! hehe

Woohoo!! Congrats!! I want to know, in the right moment, what are you thinking about the new car! Tell me , please! cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptySat 03 May 2014, 8:52 pm

I'll email you Ney my well tanned friend!!!

Cheers Phil... I'll send pics when I have taken some chum!!!

clown 
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

Anzahl der Beiträge : 153

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyTue 18 Apr 2017, 5:45 pm

I've stumbeled across some tracks that aren't using .TRK files at all, so how do I make the sky less,well.... dark? confused confused
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyTue 18 Apr 2017, 11:04 pm

teddyator wrote:
I've stumbeled across some tracks that aren't using .TRK files at all, so how do I make the sky less,well.... dark? confused confused

I would have thought they all have .TRK files... unless you are talking about tracks from mods other than GTR2 or GTL.
Back to top Go down
rickoshea

rickoshea

Anzahl der Beiträge : 548
Ort : Overlooking the thames & F***ing miles away from Ney's Home!!

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017, 7:02 am

GTR2/GTL tracks and even Raceon/EVO need .trk files to run without causing a ctd.
So if it does not have a .trk file then it's from some other game like .scn for Rfactor.

giancarlociampa likes this post

Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017, 10:37 am

The track I used is the Adelaide 2011 track mod for GTR2 I found over at NoGrip and I didn't find any .TRK file in the track's Folder. I followed Gee's instructions except for the one's of the .TRK file for obvious reasons. It runs normally except for the drak sky. so...w0t? confused confused
Back to top Go down
tdurrett

Anzahl der Beiträge : 159

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017, 5:44 pm

There is a 11Adelaide.trk file in it.
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017, 5:52 pm

Okay, I found it now but it doesn't show in the standard windows explorer only after I search it, WIERD Suspect Suspect

EDIT: I found the issue, the file wasn't showing as a .trk file but it was showing as a 3DsimED file... still not know why tho...
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017, 10:17 pm

teddyator wrote:
Okay, I found it now but it doesn't show in the standard windows explorer only after I search it, WIERD Suspect Suspect

EDIT: I found the issue, the file wasn't showing as a .trk file but it was showing as a 3DsimED file... still not know why tho...

Finding it in the wrong file type usually happens if you ask for a different program to open the file only using that program... so you must have a some point asked 3DSimEd to open it. If you do that in future then always make sure that the box that say always use this program is NOT ticked.

Just in case you do not know, the best way to open a .TRK file in 3DSimEd is to drag and drop the file into it. cheers
Back to top Go down
tdurrett

Anzahl der Beiträge : 159

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyThu 20 Apr 2017, 1:31 am

Use notpad to open and edit--you select when Windows attempts to go online to find the ".trk" designation . It's just a text file.

to convert to GTL you have to "find" and delete files starting at "rref"

you will be take to the first reference of rain reflection verboten in GTL.

Looks like this...
Instance=rreflect01
{
VisGroups=(32)
MeshFile=rreflect01.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
}
Instance=rreflect02
{
VisGroups=(32)
MeshFile=rreflect02.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
}
Instance=rreflect03
{
VisGroups=(32)

select the entire text (sometimes you have a lot of text--11Adelaide has 68 entries) then delete.
Resave as 11Adelaide.trk not .text

Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  EmptyThu 20 Apr 2017, 7:29 pm

I know, my issue wasn't not understanding the instructions but finding the file Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL    Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL  Empty

Back to top Go down

Conversion GTR2 tracks to GTL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next