Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€So I'm working on a thing.... Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
So I'm working on a thing.... Vote_lcapSo I'm working on a thing.... Voting_barSo I'm working on a thing.... Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
So I'm working on a thing.... Vote_lcapSo I'm working on a thing.... Voting_barSo I'm working on a thing.... Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

So I'm working on a thing....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jghinkle

Anzahl der Beiträge : 47

So I'm working on a thing.... Empty
PostSubject: So I'm working on a thing....   So I'm working on a thing.... EmptyWed 12 Sep 2018, 11:05 pm

Hi guys,

Been a physics guy for a long time now. Worked with the original CSGT team, did a bunch of league physics and most recently with Brickyard Legends Team for the last 6-8 years or so. I'm beginning to branch out and try some actual model work. Staring at HDC files and calculators can only go so far....

I'm trying something different. Short story, I've been a member of SCCA for 40 plus years and with all of the SCCA Production cars available I'm thinking of trying to expand on them (thanks JD for all of these cars). I've successfully pulled the cage style rollcage from the 914 mod and resized it to work in the Midget. However, as you can see by the picture, it shows up in 3DSimEd as pink, which I beleive indicates that there is no texture associated with it to read. I did copy and paste the OBJ.GTR and TEX.GTR files from the 914 and into the Midget folder as well as add them to the CAS file, but it doesn't appear to be pulling from them. Any thoughts from you guys? So I'm working on a thing.... Sccahp10
Back to top Go down
Muddie7272

Muddie7272

Anzahl der Beiträge : 197

PostSubject: Re: So I'm working on a thing....   So I'm working on a thing.... EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018, 12:06 am

I made a little recherche and i think you used the rollbar style1 from jds PORSCHE_914-4_ EP Mod. they are two materials in use. The first on called "rollbar_pads" seems to work fine. the second one (wc_cpit_03a) causes the issue. Definitly you need the Texture "PORSCHE_914_CPIT03.DDS". Another reason for the issue is, that the car already use a Meterial with this name, but then there has to be texture on the pipes. "wc_cpit_03a" is one of the textures that skinners can use for individual painting..
Made a test by myself:

So I'm working on a thing.... 914_ro10

You need only the Materials "FI_INTERIOR.DDS" and "PORSCHE_914_CPIT03.DDS"

BTW, what i would do.
1. Cut the Rollbar and copy to a new file.
2. Go in the File with the Car to /Display/Material Filter, klick on "wc_cpit_03a" in the material list and klick OK. If you see something, good, If you see nothing, better.
In the first case you must rename the Material. (Go to your Rollbar-File Press "E" mark the Material and rename it.)
In the second case there must be the texture i talked about missing. Better because you can Paint the Pipes for every Car individually. But be careful, "wc_cpit_03a" can be in use in a Cockpit.gmt-File. Im not sure if 3dSimed load the Cockpit Files when you open a .car-File in it.

A link to the Midget Mod would be helpful, if you cant solve the Problem now.

Greetings
Muddie
Back to top Go down
jghinkle

PostSubject: Re: So I'm working on a thing....   So I'm working on a thing.... EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018, 12:40 am

Thanks Muddie,

So I figured out the texture issue. I went and reasigned the texture in 3DSimEd to one that already existed in the file as a test to see if it worked. Just so happened to be the helmet.DDS file already in the car and the experiment worked fine. I know now I can rename the file, customize the color and save it in the car file and it will work.

Next issue is, I was able to re-scale the cage to fit into the Midget and it appears correctly in 3DSimEd. It's also properly re-scaled in game. I've also had to re-position the cage in 3DSim Ed (move it backwards in the Y-plane, and it shows correctly in 3DSimEd (in my original picture above). But in game, it's not moving it in the Y-plane. Re-scaling shows properly in game, re-positioning does not. Thoughts?

So I'm working on a thing.... Untitl10
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3329

PostSubject: Re: So I'm working on a thing....   So I'm working on a thing.... EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018, 6:53 am

jd's SCCA mod for GTR2: https://www.evolution-modding.net/t1044-mg-production-release

Original mod for GTL: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/spridget-mod-mg-midgets-mk1-and-sprite-mk2-v1-0.21800/

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
jghinkle

PostSubject: Re: So I'm working on a thing....   So I'm working on a thing.... EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018, 2:02 am

Current progress.  I played around more with the scaling numbers of the cage and it's sitting better to where I want it.  Still haven't figured out why I can't change it by altering its position....

So,  I thought I had the texture of the cage sorted.  I created a DDS file specifically for it color (named it MG_Midget_Rollbar_Cage_HP.DDS (basically a single color white box) and then assigned that file as the texture file to the cage in 3DSimEd.  When I assign it in 3DSimEd, it graphically turns white in the editor.  However,  when in game it still shows as silver.

So I'm working on a thing.... Untitl11

Back to top Go down
Muddie7272

Muddie7272

PostSubject: Re: So I'm working on a thing....   So I'm working on a thing.... EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018, 10:28 pm

hey jg

With the following Materials you can paint the Rollbar individually.

wc_team_body1_fl (no emap)
wc_team_body1_pl (emap_plastic)
wc_team_body1_pa (emap_paint
wc_team_body1_al (emap_aluminium)
wc_team_body1_cr (emap_chrome)
wc_team_body1_gl (emap_glass)

(use a texture called ......_body1.dds)

wc_team_body2_fl
wc_team_body2_pl
wc_team_body2_pa
wc_team_body2_al
wc_team_body2_cr
wc_team_body2_gl

(use a texture called ......._body2.dds)

wc_team_windows_fl
wc_team_windows_pl
wc_team_windows_pa
wc_team_windows_al
wc_team_windows_cr
wc_team_windows_gl

(use a texture called ....windows.dds)

wc_cpit_01a
wc_cpit_01b
wc_cpit_01c
wc_cpit_01d
wc_cpit_01e
maybe more (...f,...g,...h and so on)

(use a texture called ....cpit01_dds)

wc_cpit_02a
wc_cpit_02b
wc_cpit_02c
wc_cpit_02d
wc_cpit_02e

( use a texture called .....cpit02.dds)

wc_cpit_03a
wc_cpit_03b
wc_cpit_03c
wc_cpit_03d
wc_cpit_03e

(use a texture called ....cpit03.dds)

Theres more to say, thats the short version.
Look in the ...tex.gtl the ...obj.gtl the ...cpit.gtl files (make a Folder e.g. xtract and export all files in this folder)

Greetings
Muddie
Back to top Go down
jghinkle

PostSubject: Re: So I'm working on a thing....   So I'm working on a thing.... EmptyTue 18 Sep 2018, 10:24 pm

Still having troubles figuring out the positioning issue using 3dsimed3.  I can import a new object just fine,  and position it correctly in 3dsimed.  I even save it,  and it reloads just fine in the editor.  But in GTR2,  it still will not show correctly,  like the cage position above or the little experiment I have going on below.  Sorry,  trying to learn all this by fire.

So I'm working on a thing.... Untitl11
So I'm working on a thing.... Untitl10
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 901

PostSubject: Re: So I'm working on a thing....   So I'm working on a thing.... EmptyWed 19 Sep 2018, 7:51 am

jghinkle wrote:
Current progress.  I played around more with the scaling numbers of the cage and it's sitting better to where I want it.  Still haven't figured out why I can't change it by altering its position....

Just a thought.... Is the chassis you're using in 3dSimed when positioning things the same as the CHASSIS_A that displays in game? If it's an EXPO specific chassis for example it could be in a slightly different position so the cage might not display correctly when you run the game.

As for the issue with the wheels moving out of position have you checked the HDC file to see if there's values entered for the track and wheelbase?
This bit in the HDC under SUSPENSION can move them if they're not set to zero;

FrontWheelTrack=1.160         // if non-zero, forces the front wheels to be specified track width
RearWheelTrack=1.160          // if non-zero, forces the rear wheels to be specified track width
LeftWheelBase=0.0//2.0                // if non-zero, forces the left side to use specified wheelbase
RightWheelBase=0.0//2.0              // if non-zero, forces the right side to use specified wheelbase

Good luck! thumbup
Back to top Go down
Muddie7272

Muddie7272

PostSubject: Re: So I'm working on a thing....   So I'm working on a thing.... EmptyWed 19 Sep 2018, 2:12 pm

Hey jgh!

Maybe it is an issue at 3dsimed exporting. If i exporting, the Pivot Point Values in the Popup window are always Zero/Zero/Zero. I think i remember, they were other values one time and the Mesh was out of position after export. You can change the values to Zero. Maybe this can help you.
Otherwise it helps, when you open a File with correct Position. You delete the whole Mesh. Then you copy all from the problem-file in this file and save (obviously with the name of your problem-file).

Greetings
Muddie
Back to top Go down
jghinkle

PostSubject: Re: So I'm working on a thing....   So I'm working on a thing.... EmptyWed 19 Sep 2018, 10:23 pm

Zee wrote:
jghinkle wrote:

Just a thought.... Is the chassis you're using in 3dSimed when positioning things the same as the CHASSIS_A that displays in game? If it's an EXPO specific chassis for example it could be in a slightly different position so the cage might not display correctly when you run the game.

As for the issue with the wheels moving out of position have you checked the HDC file to see if there's values entered for the track and wheelbase?
This bit in the HDC under SUSPENSION can move them if they're not set to zero;

FrontWheelTrack=1.160         // if non-zero, forces the front wheels to be specified track width
RearWheelTrack=1.160          // if non-zero, forces the rear wheels to be specified track width
LeftWheelBase=0.0//2.0                // if non-zero, forces the left side to use specified wheelbase
RightWheelBase=0.0//2.0              // if non-zero, forces the right side to use specified wheelbase

Good luck! thumbup

Hi Zee,

I believe it's the same as referenced in the CAS. Not 100% sure, so I'll check this.

As for the wheel position, I know for sure the track and the wheelbase is set at all zero's (this has bit me before when re-scaling so it's one of the first places I looked to see if it was causing my issue.

Thanks for the tidbits.
Back to top Go down
jghinkle

PostSubject: Re: So I'm working on a thing....   So I'm working on a thing.... EmptyWed 19 Sep 2018, 10:29 pm

Muddie7272 wrote:
Hey jgh!

Maybe it is an issue at 3dsimed exporting. If i exporting, the Pivot Point Values in the Popup window are always Zero/Zero/Zero. I think i remember, they were other values one time and the Mesh was out of position after export. You can change the values to Zero. Maybe this can help you.
Otherwise it helps, when you open a File with correct Position. You delete the whole Mesh. Then you copy all from the problem-file in this file and save (obviously with the name of your problem-file).

Greetings
Muddie

Thanks Muddie,

I'm angling this way myself since I'm having the same issue of positioning in different mods with different parts. I tried re-importing the object and setting the pivot point values to zero and re-saving but it didn't work. I'll try again from scratch because maybe my order of operations is wrong? I'll see what I can find.
Back to top Go down
Muddie7272

Muddie7272

PostSubject: Re: So I'm working on a thing....   So I'm working on a thing.... EmptyThu 20 Sep 2018, 10:38 am

A last try!

Very Dummy-Style but if it works, it works!

If the Mesh is on right Position in ZModeler. Then Export as.obj-File import again and export back to .gmt-File. Be careful dont overwrite your original File. Export as obj-File is only Possible in ZModeler 2.2.6 and higher as far as i know.

Greetings
Muddie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I'm working on a thing....   So I'm working on a thing.... Empty

Back to top Go down

So I'm working on a thing....
Page 1 of 1