Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€[SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
[SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL Vote_lcap[SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL Voting_bar[SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
[SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL Vote_lcap[SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL Voting_bar[SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

Everdark

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

[SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

Anzahl der Beiträge : 453

[SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL Empty
PostSubject: [SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL   [SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 1:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I haven't been here for a while - been busy on a project Smile

Well, I am pretty new to this whole modding thing and am trying to get the rev limit light working in GTL cars.

I am at my wits end gettting this to work. Sad
I've studied GTL cars that have a rev limit light working but I just can't replicate it !!

It just seems like magic to me - I've tried many different material names, settings and used the same rules for getting gauges to work. Nothing - no light in the car and no light in my head !

Please can somebody who knows shed some light (pun intended) on this for me ?

I've got 3DSimED3.

Cheers

Terry

Last edited by Loose Ether on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Problem solved by BorekS)
Back to top Go down
MG421982

MG421982

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1425

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL   [SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 1:45 pm

Can't tell much as I used only the rev limit leds to 2 cars I converted from Forza. Tried to make work the fuel led work too, but didn't succeed. Regarding the rev limit leds, changing the naming scheme inside the .GMT file is a bad move if I remember well. That naming scheme shouldn't be touched. Just copy the REV LEDs materials from a GTL car to your mod, then arrange those 4 leds in your cockpit as they seem to be in the GTL car. This might require resizing the leds too ! Usually, the green and blue LEDs are for when you change the gears, and the red LED for over rev. Some cars, like the GT40, uses red LEDs for over rev and gears change. This is everything I can tell at the moment.

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL   [SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 2:20 pm

Thanks for the reply and info MG421962.
Smile

I did that first with a GTR2 to GTL conversion - just included the led GMT in the CAS as the led GMT was for the car and of course fitted but it didn't work so I tried all manner of material/texture names. bounce

Anyway mate, thanks again for the reply.
Smile
Back to top Go down
BorekS

BorekS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 459

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL   [SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 9:10 am

Hi Loose Ether,
I managed to solve it, finally. I thought it will be easy because I did it working for my GTR2 Marcos LM600 released 2007 and to get it working now, for GTL, should be similar case :-) No, it wasnt...

well, to get the RPM limit warning light to work for GTL cars I was able when four materials at the light mesh are stored.

what I did:

1. as a source I've created a warning light mesh and I gave him material name "ledrpm1". the only important thing is the animation type set to "Event, 0,1".

2. I did the necessary textures for the material:
the 3dsimed basic, I've called it "rpm_light.dds" and the GTL ingame needed "rpm_light00.dds" (light paint OFF) and "rpm_light01.dds" (light paint ON).

3. I did another three mesh copy with materials called "ledrpm2", "ledrpm3" and "ledrpm4". I didnt any position changes, all the mesh files are just same place.
Then I just merged and saved all the four lights / materials into one new single GMT file, called "COCKPIT_RPM_LIGHT.GMT"

finally, I added the GMT into CAS file to Instance=COCKPIT.

and then all works ingame :-)

picture attached (Cooper T73 wip car addon, my new project).
[SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL Grab_023

notes:
* the light will not work, if the GMT includes one ledrpm material only, I tried it with "ledrpm1" and then with "ledrpm4". But my Marcos have only one rpm material - the "ledrpm1", haha!
* why the rpm materials must be four, I dunno. If it works with more then four rpm materials, I dunno.
* Theoreticaly every rpm material can have another texture, possible changing ingame color of the indicator from yellow to dark red, for example
* no MoTec or LCDTimer instances at CAS or CAR are needed.
* the test mesh and textures does work outside the *.gtl pack, that means it is not necessary put it to _CPIT.gtl package strictly

Back to top Go down
http://stilz.mypage.cz/
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL   [SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 9:20 am

Hi Borek,
Nice to see you here Very Happy

WOW - you solved the problem Very Happy
I have tried your solution and it works very well !!

Thank you mate. I bow down to your expertise king Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL   [SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 9:24 am

MG421982 wrote:
... then arrange those 4 leds in your cockpit as they seem to be in the GTL car.......

I think I understand better that you were telling me the same thing - 4 LEDS

It is working now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL   [SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL Empty

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] How to get rev limit light working in GTL
Page 1 of 1