Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Vote_lcapThe car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Voting_barThe car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Vote_lcapThe car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Voting_barThe car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests

effjottess

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

The car you always promised yourself...

Go down 
+18
GeeDee
DarkSide
ney.dias
drionita
Vanaja
jeannomiller
charger69
Cheeveer
MG421982
joeschmoe
freeracer
fisheracing
brulaap
CX650
ericgtl
carTOON
philrob
Zee
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Andy Clegg

Anzahl der Beiträge : 65

The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptyThu 09 Jan 2020, 10:39 am

Sorry photo's a bit blurred plus how do I upload, for the future please.
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3456

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptyThu 09 Jan 2020, 11:33 am

Which photo ?

For the future:

The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Pic10

Cool

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
Andy Clegg

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptyThu 09 Jan 2020, 12:45 pm

The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 2020-011

I took this at Lodge Corner, Oulton Park in 1975. In the Gerry Marshall video I'm leaning against the gate at Lodge.
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 917

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptyThu 09 Jan 2020, 7:00 pm

Thanks for posting the pic Andy thumbup
Are you sure the car was brown? I always thought it was black and orange in the pics I've seen but it's hard to trust old photos. I thought Tony Strawson's car was black too until I saw a post by the bloke who painted it Laughing
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptyThu 09 Jan 2020, 7:30 pm

Zee wrote:
Thanks for posting the pic Andy thumbup
Are you sure the car was brown? I always thought it was black and orange in the pics I've seen but it's hard to trust old photos. I thought Tony Strawson's car was black too until I saw a post by the bloke who painted it Laughing
It's hard to say what the colours are, I thought maybe black or very dark brown with what looks like a salmon pink stripe. scratch Thinking denkend
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptySat 11 Jan 2020, 9:29 am

Well i'm happy to report that painting the stock bodied cars is a lot less hassle bounce This is Holman Blackburn's car;

The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Holman10

I'm hoping to get the rest sorted over the next few weeks if i can find enough reference material. Ivan Dutton and especially John Brindley are proving very elusive... Rolling Eyes scratch
Back to top Go down
Andy Clegg

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptySat 11 Jan 2020, 11:07 am

Can't see anything on 10Tenths.
Back to top Go down
fisheracing

fisheracing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 326

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptySat 11 Jan 2020, 12:25 pm

You are a 'hard-working modman' when it comes to this project Mel-Zee. Such immersive devotion and  dedication displayed. We as members, have so much to be thankful for.
Cheers!
PS: Aren't you relieved I referred to you as a "modman" not a madman ? The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Laugh210
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptySat 11 Jan 2020, 1:27 pm

Andy Clegg wrote:
Can't see anything on 10Tenths.

I have a few very blurry screen grabs but I've a feeling it's gonna be 'guess the sponsor' time with those two Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptySat 11 Jan 2020, 1:30 pm

fisheracing wrote:
You are a 'hard-working modman' when it comes to this project Mel-Zee. Such immersive devotion and  dedication displayed. We as members, have so much to be thankful for.
Cheers!
PS: Aren't you relieved I referred to you as a "modman" not a madman ? The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Laugh210

I think madman is more accurate considering the amount of time I redo stuff until I'm happy with it geek Laughing
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptySat 11 Jan 2020, 9:10 pm

Dear mad Mel... Razz

Post the pictures of the cars that you are trying 'Guess the sponsors' of, as someone may just recognise what it is. Even blind old me might know or have an inkling stroke :w00t:
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptySun 12 Jan 2020, 5:52 am

Ok Gee but there's not much to go on...

These are the only 2 usable pics of Ivan Dutton grabbed from a video i have. It's the Capri at the right hand edge of the screen;

The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Ivan_d10

The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Ivan_d11

The only other info i have is that he had Century Oils sponsorship. I've got their logo so i just need to know where to stick it... Wink

I can't even find a pic or screen grab of John Brindley's car Crying or Very sad I've seen an unidentified car that 'could' be his but it's just a white Capri and it's not possible to even make out the race number. All i know is he raced a Camaro in '75 and the car had  'Brindley Fabrics Ltd' on it. The only race numbers i can find are #33 at Silverstone and #32 at Brands Hatch scratch

Think we need Sherlock Holmes on this one... denkend
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptySun 12 Jan 2020, 11:09 am

Well Mel, my search didn't go well, certainly time for Sherlock as those photy-graphs you have shown just don't give anything away.

I did start looking at these on the link below, but I'm guessing you've seen them all and a million more!

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=Mk1+Ford+Capri+Touring+cars+racing

May I wish you the best of British Luck chuck...

Gee Cool
Back to top Go down
Andy Clegg

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptySun 12 Jan 2020, 11:23 am

Sorry, looked in the garage and nothing. Also checked on internet same as others.
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptySun 12 Jan 2020, 2:01 pm

I think I've completed the internet looking for pics Laughing If anyone finds anything useful you know where to find me thumbup
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2020, 8:10 pm

I've got some pix of the latest Group 1b cars. Ivan Dutton's car is part real and part guesswork but it's just about in the ballpark Laughing

Ivan Dutton

The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Ivan_d12

Tony Shaw

The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Tony_s10

Thomas Hunt

The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Thomas10

Martin Birrane

The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Martin10

I think i'll have to 'invent' John Brindley's paint job, there's no pix or info out there at all other than i think it might be white... Razz Rolling Eyes scratch
Shouldn't be too long before release but no firm dates lol!
Back to top Go down
charger69

charger69

Anzahl der Beiträge : 153

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2020, 9:50 pm

Very Happy thumbup
Back to top Go down
Cheeveer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 23

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2020, 10:38 pm

Glorious!
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2380

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2020, 11:44 pm

Zee wrote:
I've got some pix of the latest Group 1b cars. Ivan Dutton's car is part real and part guesswork but it's just about in the ballpark Laughing

I think i'll have to 'invent' John Brindley's paint job, there's no pix or info out there at all other than i think it might be white... Razz Rolling Eyes scratch
Shouldn't be too long before release but no firm dates lol!

Dear Mel, you didn't ask me about the use of MY wheels set, but me, from the top of the magnanimous being that I am, I do allow you to use them in this Mod, with my blessing. This time I forgive you from the Olympus, where I use to live!
cheers GOOD Thanks wheelchair I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptyThu 30 Jan 2020, 5:34 am

Thanks Ney, it just wouldn't be the same without the MiNeylites as an option Laughing
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3456

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptyThu 30 Jan 2020, 7:52 am

Great GOOD

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2380

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptyThu 30 Jan 2020, 4:49 pm

Zee wrote:
Thanks Ney, it just wouldn't be the same without the MiNeylites as an option Laughing

LOL lol! lol! lol! lol! Punk top
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptySun 09 Feb 2020, 8:39 am

Zee wrote:

FOUND THE BUGGER jumping0045
He was hiding in plain sight at Silverstone on a video of the '74 season that I have Razz His paint job is similar to Thomas Hunt's which is what threw me off the scent Rolling Eyes
It's still the usual collection blurry images to work from but at least I can finish the Group 1b stuff now Cool
Back to top Go down
Cheeveer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 23

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptySun 09 Feb 2020, 12:21 pm

Tat's great! May I ask for a list of cars/skins you're making? Some super saloons I gather, then the 1B cars of BSCC 1974? Any ETCC/group 2 cars? Looking forward to it a lot!
Back to top Go down
fisheracing

fisheracing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 326

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 EmptySun 09 Feb 2020, 2:39 pm

Mel wrote:
"at least I can finish the Group 1b stuff now"

Great News ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The car you always promised yourself...   The car you always promised yourself... - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The car you always promised yourself...
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution Modding :: Evolution Modding :: New Projects-
Jump to: