Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Request: Skoda 733 Spyder Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Request: Skoda 733 Spyder Vote_lcapRequest: Skoda 733 Spyder Voting_barRequest: Skoda 733 Spyder Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Request: Skoda 733 Spyder Vote_lcapRequest: Skoda 733 Spyder Voting_barRequest: Skoda 733 Spyder Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Request: Skoda 733 Spyder

Go down 
+2
0fflabeluse
Pete Conway
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
teddyator

teddyator

Anzahl der Beiträge : 153

Request: Skoda 733 Spyder Empty
PostSubject: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptyFri 18 Nov 2016, 8:41 pm

HI m8s, I wanted to ask you if someone would be considering to make a Skoda 733 Spyder Race car from 1975?

Request: Skoda 733 Spyder 36-75_10
Request: Skoda 733 Spyder 37-75_10
Request: Skoda 733 Spyder 38-75_10
Request: Skoda 733 Spyder 39-75_10
Back to top Go down
drionita

Anzahl der Beiträge : 767

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptyFri 18 Nov 2016, 9:45 pm

Really interesting, never heard about it. Ostcars world plenty of surprise.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptyFri 18 Nov 2016, 11:40 pm

Teddyator... your first post and asking for something!! You haven't contributed anything to the site yet, not a thank you for all of the mods and skins and tracks and help.

Do you actually have any idea of how many months, maybe a year or more that it can take to make a mod and test it properly? This would be done all free too...

It's a great looking car but you need to think & thank please before asking for such things.
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptySat 19 Nov 2016, 10:50 am

I really want to thank people for their great work and timethey put into these mods,but I never felt the urge to do that on evolution-modding. So many mods that I found here, I downloaded on other sites and very well thanked them over there.
Back to top Go down
0fflabeluse

Anzahl der Beiträge : 174

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptySun 20 Nov 2016, 1:10 pm

There's nuffin' like making feel new guys really welcome and comfortable when they submit their first post, ain't it? Wink
Also: Servus nach Österreich!

First time I've seen this car, looks rather easy, few complicated compound curves. Eastern block cars somehow tend to look a bit blocky Wink Shouldn't be to hard to model, though some more pics and infos wouldn't go amiss.
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptySun 20 Nov 2016, 1:52 pm

Sadly,not very much is known about this car! It had a 2.0L I4 engine and was build for the FIA B6 category that was folded in 1974, so sadly it didn't do much racing, in fact it only participated in some Hilclimb races, the 1975 Ecce Homo for example. Only about 2 seconds of video material about this car is known of, that beeing the very beginning of the documentation about the 1975 Skoda rallye. It sadly got destroyed that same year,because some moron backed up on the finish line of a hillclimb to look at his time!

Here's some more pictures:

Request: Skoda 733 Spyder 1bobek11
Request: Skoda 733 Spyder 0211
Request: Skoda 733 Spyder 49-75_10
Request: Skoda 733 Spyder S73311

Request: Skoda 733 Spyder 49-75_10

And that's how it ended up:

Request: Skoda 733 Spyder Sken0010
Request: Skoda 733 Spyder Sken0011

Hope I could help
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptySun 20 Nov 2016, 5:37 pm

0fflabeluse wrote:
There's nuffin' like making feel new guys really welcome and comfortable when they submit their first post, ain't it? Wink
Also: Servus nach Österreich!

First time I've seen this car, looks rather easy, few complicated compound curves. Eastern block cars somehow tend to look a bit blocky Wink Shouldn't be to hard to model, though some more pics and infos wouldn't go amiss.

Well I'm for one really looking forward to see how quickly you can make this car from scratch and do the interior also and the physics and the testing... would 2 weeks be enough for you or perhaps 6 months or a year, maybe more of your valuable free time that you will gladly give to a complete stranger. Perhaps your wife or girlfriend will enjoy the nights of hardly seeing you because you are so busy for one person who asked you for this gift in their first ever post on this site.

Perhaps now you may understand what I mean, if not, then jolly good luck with this venture. cheers
Back to top Go down
0fflabeluse

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptySun 20 Nov 2016, 11:47 pm

GeeDee wrote:
Well I'm for one really looking forward to see how quickly you can make this car from scratch and do the interior

You may be surprised to learn that, but as the shape isn't very elaborate, someone who knows his MAX (not me, but guys I know) does that in an afternoon and another for the interior. And then a little time for mapping. More infos wouldn't really hurt, though, (Dimensions! Nuffin' beats dimensions!!) but the 3D is, in this case, not overly complicated. There's a reason why I emphasize the simplicity of the shape.

Quote :
also and the physics and the testing...

Keep a good database, start with a model of similar performance (yeah, some more hard data again, which are indeed difficult to obtain with a car that never really raced), coming from a good mod and most important, know what values in the files do what in the sim. Okay, for the later, some basic knowledge of RL physics definitely don't hurt. My 16 or 17 years of modding in the ISI universe probably neither.
But with a good base, some knowledge what one is doing, some Excel files, the physics is soon in the right ballpark. Granted, a large part of my DB and files went the way of the dodo with a failed HD.

Quote :
would 2 weeks be enough for you or perhaps 6 months or a year, maybe more of your valuable free time that you will gladly give to a complete stranger. Perhaps your wife or girlfriend will enjoy the nights of hardly seeing you because you are so busy for one person who asked you for this gift in their first ever post on this site.

Perhaps now you may understand what I mean, if not, then jolly good luck with this venture. cheers

TBH, no, cos I have a couple of other projects in different fields going on, and after two well-deserved weeks off, I'm at the beginning of streak of 12 successive work days, so, no, right now there is little chance I'm getting serious into this.
Furthermore, my reply wasn't meant as an offer to do it for someone else, but as a motivation to have oneself look at it, and if that means beginning with getting a shoebox ingame (ah, talking of shoe box, I use a simple four vertex wedge shape I adapt to dimensions as a physics test dummy Wink ). Modding sure takes time and dedication, needs some experience and organisation, but it ain't rocket science if one knows what he's doing.

But then there's another point: For someone who's not prepared, your answer can easily be understood as 'You are not welcome here!', especially if english is not the first language. That's what I was refering to with my first sentence. Wink Its my belief that a good community should use their capacities to help new guys to get into the IMHO very rewarding hobby of modding instead of scaring them right off by telling them to kneel down in gratitude. There are actually, at least in the 3d-field, some good guys in here, so sharing some knowledge and motivation should be possible. Granted, sometimes the enquirer starts off with the wrong questions and needs a change of direction to ask the right questions. But a community, which appears to be proud of their camaraderie and being friendly, can handle that better.

Or is that just a friendliness among friends, and strangers beware? I love you
Back to top Go down
Pete Conway

Pete Conway

Anzahl der Beiträge : 172

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016, 10:53 am

0fflabeluse

I understand what you mean with your final point, on many sites one can come across the 'more harsh' attitude from 'old hands' if you are not yourself a 'provider' which can weed out the newbies, and it keeps things ticking along with just a dozen or so pals (family) using the forums, I personally have no skills for modelling and only once 'accidentally' skinned something (albeit primitively) alas I was unable to repeat the process again!
As I started my working life as a mechanic I have a knowledge of cars better than the average bloke on the street, and I love my racing and history of motor racing, but would get taken to the cleaners by the knowledge and understanding of many here... or other sites that I can be found to be lurking on.
I'm now a bloke in his sixties who now earn his keep as a Decorator (yup, papering ceilings and walls is no problem for me)... alas I have nothing to offer here and except what they have in abundance already... thus my posts are 'minimal'... Yes, sadly, sometimes one can feel a bit 'shut out' silent

Equally though, as a first post, perhaps a car request is a bit strong... for an opener.

As ever Pete.
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016, 4:12 pm

Found some new specs for the car! cheers
Weight: 585 kg
Engine: 2.0L I4
180 bhp
0-60: 4 seconds!!
Top Speed: 150 mph

Also, Photoshop picture (by my father):

Request: Skoda 733 Spyder Skoda_10
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016, 9:48 pm

You should never feel shut out on a site like this as all you have to do to feel more of a part of the site is to thank people for their hard and free work and if you feel you can add something to a post then that's great.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016, 10:02 pm

@ 0fflabeluse.

First you say you could do it, now it's your friends who could do it.

Well it's sooo easy to offer up excuses like my friends can do this in an afternoon... the shell maybe, but there is far far more to a car than a shell and speaking from what I have heard from other modders what you say is just hot air and not really fact at all. It can take a few hours just to position a few dials in the right place... hmmm what else is their to position in a car????

Look around this and other sites and ask questions about how long scratchbuilding a car will take and you will see that I'm actually quite well informed about it.

It's also very easy to squeeze out of making it yourself by saying you are very busy... well so are most all modders, which is another reason why what you say isn't very reasonable and makes them sound as if they must be lazy if they can't do it faster.

Note how many posts I have made and then times that by at least 50 and then you will have some idea how many posts just on this site that I have read to glean some knowledge about it all... you only have 17 posts here!
Back to top Go down
0fflabeluse

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptyTue 22 Nov 2016, 12:41 am

GeeDee wrote:
@ 0fflabeluse.

First you say you could do it, now it's your friends who could do it.

Well it's sooo easy to offer up excuses like my friends can do this in an afternoon... the shell maybe, but there is far far more to a car than a shell and speaking from what I have heard from other modders what you say is just hot air and not really fact at all.

For your better understanding: I'm able to create stuff in 3ds max, but not at the highest rate. But I have an idea what a powerful tool it is, and I've seen first-hand what can be done in what time (I've been part of a few modding teams over the years), so what I wrote isn't made up. Granted, one guy was a professionell 3d artist, so the stuff he did was probably some better excercise for him.

Quote :
It can take a few hours just to position a few dials in the right place... hmmm what else is their to position in a car????

That can happen that a certain problem bugs one out for hours, been there, done that too. Don't understand the second part of the line past the '...' though. A typo perhaps?

Quote :
Look around this and other sites and ask questions about how long scratchbuilding a car will take and you will see that I'm actually quite well informed about it.

Good, we can debate back and fourth about how long it takes, how difficult it is and what the reasons are why some come up pretty quickly and others need months and years. Won't bring us any further. A thing to consider is that people working on their own seem to need more time than people working in a group.

Quote :
It's also very easy to squeeze out of making it yourself by saying you are very busy...

Indeed, difficult to proof what I'm occupied with over the net, and I assure you, I won't post copies of my working time sheets. But I can tell I had an enjoyful evening assembling the bits of a 1/24 scale Beetle engine. There's a partly dismantled bike blocking my kitchen, because the ordered derailleur hanger still hasn't arrived. Wanted to do some sketches on another project, that I intend to do both in 1/24 scale and GTR2 (no RL car), but that fell through for tonight. There are a few things to keep me occupied and thus I think its just fair to say I won't oblige myself to yet another project. Wink

Quote :
well so are most all modders, which is another reason why what you say isn't very reasonable and makes them sound as if they must be lazy if they can't do it faster.

Uhm, no, you make something up there. There are sure a couple of things where I say many modders can do better, but I'm not to say guys working at a slower pace are lazy. I may have expressed myself a bit unfortunate, apologies for that. There are other things that can be associated directly to some kind of laziness, but that is another topic.

But I'm definitely opposing the idea of modding as an oh so complicated black art.

IMO many things that seem complicated are IMO more a matter of false/complicated/unsuited methods, lack of organisation and knowledge. Okay, I studied a few semesters engineering, gives you another bases. And I worked in a very well organised group, where where tasks were divided in a way that problems usually got pretty swiftly solved. I sure learned a thing or two there, and it may be a reason why I can't always understand other peoples difficulties.
I also worked in lesser organised groups, and working there was indeed complicated. And seldom enjoyful.

Quote :
Note how many posts I have made and then times that by at least 50 and then you will have some idea how many posts just on this site that I have read to glean some knowledge about it all... you only have 17 posts here!

So you judge other peoples knowledge and experiences by the number of postings on a single forum? You probably don't even have the slightest clue what lead me here and why I registered in the first place, but thanks for the chuckle! Smile I'm around since SCGT back in 1999 or 2000 and gone through a couple of forums, groups and nicknames, dropped out for a while inbetween, but was always drawn back after a while. So yeah, I'm prolly just a white sheet Smile
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptyTue 22 Nov 2016, 5:31 pm

Look m8... I'm finished debating this subject as you think you know it all.

What it boils down to is you go and and prove me wrong because your words are just words and not proven to be fact to me at all... find the time and go ahead and make a mod from scratch and we'll see after a few days if you are right.

If any modders here would like to have their say please do.

Just one more thing. There are guys here who spend months of their time just converting cars from other games and making them work properly.

Good luck as you will surely need it.
Back to top Go down
0fflabeluse

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptyTue 22 Nov 2016, 9:25 pm

Never said I know all, but yeah, won't lead anywhere, that's right.

The issue of converting and releasing mods without the consent of their original authors is one of the reason I stopped releasing at some point. But that is a whole different topic and nothing to delve into ATM.
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptyFri 14 Jul 2017, 5:59 pm

Okay, I let some time off this topic, let it cool off. Sleep

While this topic rested here I gained some experience on this and other sites and wanted to ask if someone would be so kind to pick this one up, I know this could be very hard creating a car from scratch with very little details, pictures and so on, I wouldn't care if it took even a year!
I myself could pick up the skinning as I have some experience with it now! cheers

I won't be surprised if anyone wouldn't pick it up, it can be quite frustrating doing something for some moths because some stranger on the other side of the globe asked "kindly" for it for free.

Anyone interested? bounce
Back to top Go down
drionita

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptyFri 14 Jul 2017, 6:33 pm

It could be done à la Frankenstein, the engine hood seems like the Alpine A442 without the airscope, the front is a bit Lola T70 spyder and it would be no difficult to find a reawing like that. So no scratch made Very Happy
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptyFri 14 Jul 2017, 7:12 pm

Well that makes things a lot easier doesn't it? jumping0045

The bits and pieces would have to be adjusted and resized, as the A442B has a much longer and wider cover, the front is actually much more resembelent of a Alfa 33, with the whole body being based of the 33 TT.
Back to top Go down
0fflabeluse

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptyFri 14 Jul 2017, 10:40 pm

Honestly? Scratch is probably easier than trying to cobble things together from different sources Wink

I started and learned modelling with Z-Modeller 1, and even though it doesn't allow you straight export to MTS, maybe you'd like to play a bit around with that. I thought its limited number of tools perfect to learn the basics of modelling and found it sufficient for low- and mid poly modelling for SCGT and F1C.

Try to make a shoebox and get it in game, and then start to extend it bit by bit. Before you realise it, you've made a Skoda 733 Wink
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptySat 15 Jul 2017, 3:41 pm

0fflabeluse wrote:
Honestly? Scratch is probably easier than trying to cobble things together from different sources Wink

I started and learned modelling with Z-Modeller 1, and even though it doesn't allow you straight export to MTS, maybe you'd like to play a bit around with that. I thought its limited number of tools perfect to learn the basics of modelling and found it sufficient for low- and mid poly modelling for SCGT and F1C.

Try to make a shoebox and get it in game, and then start to extend it bit by bit. Before you realise it, you've made a Skoda 733 Wink

Youv'e had 8 months since you said you easily make a car from scratch and yet here we are and nothing to show from you but words again!

If it is soo easy I ask you again to do it and show that you can!
Back to top Go down
antoniog7772

Anzahl der Beiträge : 596

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptySat 15 Jul 2017, 3:46 pm

funny how that car is so similar to one of the TOJ made for Absolute LM mod.
Just a slightly different front and i d say its a perfect match.
Now the question is, where did this car at? any WMC race?

About the making models from scratch i think its harder then joining or slicing car parts, i can not model from scratch,.however if someone can even if its mid-qualitty stuff , bring it on, at AMT we are experts in making low quality cars looking reasonable.

Back to top Go down
http://shivernshake.ativoforum.com/
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptySat 15 Jul 2017, 3:50 pm

Yes Antonio, you guys are experts but still needing help, he is just the guy to give you a hand if he's not all wind that he blows.
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptySat 15 Jul 2017, 4:23 pm

antoniog7772 wrote:
It's a proposed Gr.6 World Championship car from '75, the series got folded before it could start so just some national hillclimbs including a 4th overall and 3rd in class at the 1975 Ecce Homo Hillclimb. (it's in Stemberk, for you wondering, quite a famous hillclimb here in central europe)
Back to top Go down
drionita

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptySat 15 Jul 2017, 5:35 pm

teddyator wrote:
antoniog7772 wrote:
It's a proposed Gr.6 World Championship car from '75, the series got folded before it could start so just some national hillclimbs including a 4th overall and 3rd in class at the 1975 Ecce Homo Hillclimb. (it's in Stemberk, for you wondering, quite a famous hillclimb here in central europe)

So, Antonio, we could put it in WEC75 as a what-if Smile I still think that a cut&paste parts would be the fastest way to make Teddyator happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
antoniog7772

Anzahl der Beiträge : 596

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder EmptySat 15 Jul 2017, 6:44 pm

yes we could,absolutelly right
farao study bounce
Back to top Go down
http://shivernshake.ativoforum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request: Skoda 733 Spyder   Request: Skoda 733 Spyder Empty

Back to top Go down

Request: Skoda 733 Spyder
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next