Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? Vote_lcapExtra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? Voting_barExtra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? Vote_lcapExtra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? Voting_barExtra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

doctorm7

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:25 am

Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?

Go down 
+2
joeschmoe
Lower Level
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lower Level
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lower Level

Anzahl der Beiträge : 452

Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? Empty
PostSubject: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 5:27 am

I got a G27 back in the summer and well, it's a small thing but also slightly irritating I can't use them but I find only the top two buttons on the wheel can be used in GT Legends. Has anyone gotten the other 4 to work?
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2074

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 12:58 am

Hi Den.,
I haven't had my wheel hooked up for a few months, but they should all work. I use the top 2 for pause and pitin req?, the middle left for lights, the middle right for rear view, and the bottom 2 for looking right/left.......
Back to top Go down
Lower Level
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lower Level

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 1:28 am

Mine don't work. Just the top two.
Back to top Go down
MOF

MOF

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1975

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 2:44 am

Den. wrote:
Mine don't work. Just the top two.

Same finding when playing GTL; bottom2, left and right, refuse to recognize any input and act just like the top left and right. They all work independently in Euro Truck Sim 2 (ETS2). In other words, each of the six can be and are programmed for different functions.

I'm running Win XP Pro/SP2 or SP3 - have forgotten which patch I have!

Last edited by MOF on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lower Level
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lower Level

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 2:51 am

WIN7 here and yes, Euro Truck Sim, they work fine.
Back to top Go down
Angry Coil

Angry Coil

Anzahl der Beiträge : 111

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 6:11 am

Yeah, G27 wheel and same here in GTL, with steering wheel buttons does not matter what you do, only 1 out of 3 can be programmed on each side. in GTR2 I can use them all for different function, maybe somehow be a GTL controller config game limitation?
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2074

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 7:34 pm

Yep, my mistake, I could've sworn the other buttons were working. Only top two are functional. It's probably caused by limitations due to the buttons on the shifter.......
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 1:35 am

To get the buttons to work you need the Logitech Profiler which you program into it and put all of your GTL and GTR2 game links.

You can then get all of the buttons working on the gear-shift module to.

Off hand I do not know the link for the program and I don't have the time right now, but I will look for it tomorrow if I remember. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lower Level
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lower Level

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 7:51 am

GeeDee wrote:
To get the buttons to work you need the Logitech Profiler which you program into it and put all of your GTL and GTR2 game links.

Off hand I do not know the link for the program and I don't have the time right now, but I will look for it tomorrow if I remember. Very Happy

Yeah. It's part of the driver software. I just never used it before. Works a treat. Took me a bit to figure it out but basically make a GTL profile and assign those buttons to letters on the keyboard. After that go ingame and assign what you want to the letters and BINGO!! Works. I was also able to use the keystroke assigning to turn off and on GTLPD as I don't like to have it on during races and mostly use it to set up fuel or glance to see time to time how many laps I have. It's a PITA to do with a keyboard command while trying to drive so now it's assigned to a wheel button. YAY!!!

Thanks Gordon!!
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 1:27 am

Den. wrote:
GeeDee wrote:

Yeah. It's part of the driver software. I just never used it before. Works a treat. Took me a bit to figure it out but basically make a GTL profile and assign those buttons to letters on the keyboard. After that go ingame and assign what you want to the letters and BINGO!! Works. I was also able to use the keystroke assigning to turn off and on GTLPD as I don't like to have it on during races and mostly use it to set up fuel or glance to see time to time how many laps I have. It's a PITA to do with a keyboard command while trying to drive so now it's assigned to a wheel button. YAY!!!

Thanks Gordon!!

Great stuff Den m8!!
Back to top Go down
Angry Coil

Angry Coil

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 11:05 am

Hi Den & Unky Gee

Cheers for the answer to the button config and telling us how to set them up, great work. Now I can set mine up too Very Happy

Thanx
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 1:46 am

I must admit it took me ages before I started using more buttons but really handy when you can man!! cheers clown
Back to top Go down
leslav2012

leslav2012

Anzahl der Beiträge : 249

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 2:03 pm

Wha-haaaayy, Gee..what a great tip. I'm gonna try it out right this minute, if not sooner!..well, maybe finish m'cuppa tea first, eh?....n'load up the wash machine..nip to the shops, p'raps..and finish redecorating the hall..polish m'shoes..grow a bonsai.... Hey Gee, get out my face with all this button loading tipstering! Life is too short for tall people, and as i am above average by .8 of a centimetre i feel i am equally above all this. Look, i'll try it in my own time so don't..well, just don't in general, ok? (now, where did i put that box of Mogadon Maltesers, i can see the nose of a christmas nightmare cresting the horizon?..).PS: Have you tried barcika's new track? Itsa beaut!
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:18 pm

leslav2012 wrote:
Wha-haaaayy, Gee..what a great tip. I'm gonna try it out right this minute, if not sooner!..well, maybe finish m'cuppa tea first, eh?....n'load up the wash machine..nip to the shops, p'raps..and finish redecorating the hall..polish m'shoes..grow a bonsai.... Hey Gee, get out my face with all this button loading tipstering! Life is too short for tall people, and as i am above average by .8 of a centimetre i feel i am equally above all this. Look, i'll try it in my own time so don't..well, just don't in general, ok?  (now, where did i put that box of Mogadon Maltesers, i can see the nose of a christmas nightmare cresting the horizon?..).PS: Have you tried barcika's new track? Itsa beaut!    

Jeepers Les... what pills ya taking man? He he!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
leslav2012

leslav2012

Anzahl der Beiträge : 249

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 1:09 am

Just the usual, mate. A couple of Bob Martin 'anti-wormers' washed down with a shot of Baby Bio. But i still couldn't get GTL to recognise more than the top two L&R G27 buttons. Grrrrrrrr.....
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 2:03 am

Here's a bit of help then Les.

1... Start the Profiler up and if you haven't put any games links into it to start with the profiler then click on 'New'

2... In the window Profile Properties that appears put the title of what you want the game to be called then underneath 'Browse' browse your folders for the GTR2.exe or GTL.exe files of the game you want then below choose an icon to represent that game. Now press OK.

3... Put more games in if you need to. (I have quite a few copies of GTR2 and GTL in mine).

Choosing keys and buttons
1... If you want the second left button down on your wheel to work then put your mouse pointer over that button on the profiler picture of the wheel as this will then show the correct button number which is '21' .

2...Now left click on button on the list and you get a new window. Choose select key stroke / New key stroke.

3... Another window appears 'Edit Keystroke'

4... Click the box 'Record' then hit the key on your keyboard that you want the button to represent that you have already ingame and when it appears press 'Stop' then press 'Okay'

That should now work but only when you have started the game with the Profiler.

Using the same method do your other buttons.

Any probs let me know m8!

Gee

PS... you can also set the wheel up for degrees of rotation for the wheel and other useful effects. I can give you a bit of advice on that too if you need it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angry Coil

Angry Coil

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 3:40 am

Ohhhh.....Yes Please....Do tell!! bounce
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 7:40 pm

Some extra information for setting up the Logitech Profiler:-

Start the Profiler.
Go to Options/Global Device Settings. Note that all settings made in here are personal to the users taste so I only make a suggestion.

Overall Effects Strength:-  60%

Spring Effect Strength:-  38%

Damper Effect Strength:- 38%

Tick  Enable Centre Springing:-  52% ...(I prefer to use this option)

Report Combined Pedals:-  Leave this un-ticked unless you want the throttle and brake on the same axis.

Degrees Of Rotation:-  418% (This figure allows me to turn car wheels full lock without taking hands off the steering wheel.)

At the bottom of the window is a box marked Description. Every time your mouse hovers over something it will give a brief description about what it does.

Have fun chaps!  cheers
Back to top Go down
Angry Coil

Angry Coil

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Thank you very much, cheers rendeer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?   Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work? Empty

Back to top Go down

Extra G27 buttons for GTL. Anyone get them to work?
Page 1 of 1