Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? Vote_lcapHow to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? Voting_barHow to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? Vote_lcapHow to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? Voting_barHow to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
phlps2002

Anzahl der Beiträge : 37

How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? Empty
PostSubject: How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7?   How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? EmptyFri 12 Aug 2011, 2:42 pm

Hi everyone, I am new to GTL, and have the new gtl update for windows 7, without starforce, or a dvd in the drive. Really want to use some of the great muscle car mods on here. Can anyone tell me if they are compatible with the new version?
Have tried downloading and installing a couple, but they don't appear in the game, it is very frustrating!!!
Have downloaded 7zip to try and open rar and zip files, I think I have got that bit right, and the files appear to be copying to the relevant gtl folders. But when I run gtl the cars are never there, it is just the basic 95 default cars in the game. Also when i look in the file location folders they don't appear to be listed.
I can't find any help pages on the web that is specific to gtl, and explain this process in simple terms for people that aren't very computer literate like me!!!
If someone could take the time to put me right on the above points, and break this process down into simple laymans terms, i.e. how to download and install car mods properly, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Lower Level
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lower Level

Anzahl der Beiträge : 452

How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7?   How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? EmptySat 13 Aug 2011, 3:16 am

Do you have the NOCD set up or do you mean you have the download version from Simbin?
Back to top Go down
rickoshea

rickoshea

Anzahl der Beiträge : 548
Ort : Overlooking the thames & F***ing miles away from Ney's Home!!

PostSubject: Re: How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7?   How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? EmptySat 13 Aug 2011, 8:02 am

I think to see\use add-on cars you need the Unlock everything cheat file..
It's a while since i used GTL so i may be wrong, anyway here's that file-
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ojqnck
Back to top Go down
phlps2002

PostSubject: Re: How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7?   How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? EmptySat 13 Aug 2011, 12:11 pm

Thanks Rick and Den for replying, I have the Simbin update. But actually since last posting, I have worked out how to install mods, and have quite a few up and running.
One query, I downloaded season 6 muscle car pack from gamers crib, all the cars work except the 70-71 challengers and 65 and 69 gto's. They are there on the list and appear as a picture on the main car dealer page, but are invisible in the view car screen, and any race which they are in won't load and then gtl crashes and closes program.
Can anyone give me some simple advice on how to fix it?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
rickoshea

rickoshea

PostSubject: Re: How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7?   How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? EmptySat 13 Aug 2011, 2:38 pm

The best thing you can do is join gamers crib & ask on thier muscle car league forum as their have been a lot of upgrades & now they are posting season 7 downloads.
just talk to Pizzaman on the site he's the guy to help..
I have all of the cars working but i use GTR2...

Here's the link straight the their page-
http://www.gamers-crib.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=228
Back to top Go down
Lower Level
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lower Level

PostSubject: Re: How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7?   How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? EmptySat 13 Aug 2011, 3:51 pm

Also, if you use any mods from Altbierbude, they won't show as they use a different class structure but many of the same mods are available at NoGrip, GTR4u and of course here withy the "normal" classes.
Back to top Go down
tdurrett

Anzahl der Beiträge : 159

PostSubject: Re: How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7?   How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? EmptySat 13 Aug 2011, 3:54 pm

a procedure that works for me and minimizes harddrive space in to download and unzip
in a select lcation with subdirectories for cars, locations, setups, and patches w/ a
structure

drive://temp/GTLegends
/cars
/locations
/patches

Unzip or Unrar to each directory that "cut/paste" the unzipped file to the correct GTL directory after you examine the file in temp by "clicking" down into the file subdirectories
all the way down to the individual CAR file using "open with" notepad.

most mods and some cars install in drive://GTL and overwrites (really adds to) Gamedata
directory and all subdirectories.

new tracks simply cut/paste to Drive://GTL/Gamedata/locations

The few cars (or skins) developed go in a specific car directory that should have install
instructions.

After the unlock you should have $1,000,000 to buy cars but note you have select the
carset (TC-65, GTC-65, GTC-TC76 or a select class) via a checkbox at track selection.

setup a tracefile command on your GTL shortcut to feed program operations to a tracefile.
The tracefile is always created when you start GTL -- read it with Notepad whether GTL
crashes or not.

If files open in Notepad to "gibberish" you will need to download a file containing compress.bat

GTL has so much potential in programmiing specific car classes to set up 60s LeMans,
70s LeMans, Trans-Am, F1-75, F1-79, Can-AM,Group glasses using Notepad text.

Back to top Go down
Lower Level
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lower Level

PostSubject: Re: How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7?   How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? EmptySat 13 Aug 2011, 4:00 pm

You can also use GTL Cartool for car selection. I use it and it works a treat. And one suggestion I'd make is when unzipping, do it in a new folder, look at the structure as above, and THAN cut n paste it to the GTL install.
Back to top Go down
phlps2002

PostSubject: Re: How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7?   How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? EmptySat 13 Aug 2011, 4:48 pm

Thanks guys for all your tips, I'll try some of these ideas out, and get back to you later. I will probably have more questions by that time!!!

Thanks again for the help.
Back to top Go down
Lower Level
Premium Member
Premium Member
Lower Level

PostSubject: Re: How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7?   How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? EmptySat 13 Aug 2011, 5:09 pm

No problem, and ask all the questions you want. Some of us do things differently than others but that's also good as you can do things in a matter that YOU are comfortable with.

I have a question. Does the all cars cheat work with the download version?
Back to top Go down
rickoshea

rickoshea

PostSubject: Re: How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7?   How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? EmptySun 14 Aug 2011, 4:51 am

It should still work, i think i read that it does on another site..
Best thing to do is do a fresh install then copy that whole GTL folder to another place & that way if you need to start again you have a new install ready to go..
Back to top Go down
tdurrett

Anzahl der Beiträge : 159

PostSubject: Re: How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7?   How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? EmptySun 14 Aug 2011, 7:16 pm

I wonder if the files are encripted/compressed as on the disk -- the reason for compress.bat

Can you open the .aud file in the car folder --
(example drive:\GTL\GameData\Teams\GTC-65\por550\por550SOUNDS.aud)

or open the SIM_GTC.GDB file to edit classes --
(ex drive:\GTL\Gamedata\SIM_GTC.GDB)

oor open the car file to edit class structure or sound --
(ex. drive:\GTL\GameData\Teams\GTC-65\por550\92\92_SIM_GTC_por550.CAR

open with Notepad..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7?   How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to install GTL car mods? Do car mods work with new GTL free update for windows 7?
Page 1 of 1