Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times Vote_lcapAI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times Voting_barAI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times Vote_lcapAI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times Voting_barAI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times

Go down 
+2
Verbatim123
Ptit_Mika
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ptit_Mika

Ptit_Mika

Anzahl der Beiträge : 6

AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times Empty
PostSubject: AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times   AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times EmptyWed 21 Nov 2012, 1:24 pm

Hello everybody,

Do you know how to fix the very big difference of AI pace between practice sessions and race when we are in single player mod ? Shocked
I've been searching in game data files but i didn't find these parameters... study scratch

Back to top Go down
Verbatim123

Anzahl der Beiträge : 135

PostSubject: Re: AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times   AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times EmptyWed 21 Nov 2012, 1:33 pm

Leave it:)!!!They might be a little bit faster in qualifying but when the race is on you gonna get them all one by one.

I can`t stand this...that all the hard work on qualifying are destroyed and you gonna start in the end.
Back to top Go down
Ptit_Mika

Ptit_Mika

PostSubject: Re: AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times   AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times EmptyWed 21 Nov 2012, 1:47 pm

In fact it is not a little bit but something like 5 or 6 seconds faster !

It is not a critical problem but if someone knowns a trick to tune this it will be fine. Laughing

Back to top Go down
sansenri

sansenri

Anzahl der Beiträge : 213

PostSubject: Re: AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times   AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times EmptyThu 22 Nov 2012, 12:18 am

there is a discussion on this in the karman ghia thread

here an extract of another related thread at no grip

" go to the .aiw file in each of the tracks that you want in your race. Find these lines:

WorstAdjust=(0.7500) // Used for 70% AI strength option
MidAdjust=(1.0200) // Used for 100% AI strength option (note that AIs now use full throttle above 95% AI strength option)
BestAdjust=(1.1900) // Used for 120% AI strength option
QualRatio=(1.0069) // Used to adjust AI speed in qual compared to base values
RaceRatio=(1.0110) // Used to adjust AI speed in race compared to base values

If you want to speed up the ai, raise the "adjust" lines. If you want the ai to qualify faster raise the QualRatio line. If you want to make the ai faster in a race raise RaceRatio."

you should probably try lowering the qualratio parameter but I suggest you do not just change, but rather retain the original ones, just disableing them by using // in front of them (so you do not lose them, and can always go back to the original behaviour if needed)

e.g.
QualRatio=(1.0000) //(1.0069) // Used to adjust AI speed in qual compared to base values

then you need to test to see what is the best value for you
Back to top Go down
deep-strike

deep-strike

Anzahl der Beiträge : 931

PostSubject: Re: AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times   AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times EmptySun 25 Nov 2012, 1:53 pm

I have chosen a different path for me.
In CupStages.cdb, (found under Game Data), there are entries for the individual levels of difficulty (professional / semi-pro / amateur / Novice / Beginner).
There, the entry "AIStrength" is.
If you change this, does that affect on all tracks.
I have the "Professional AIStrength" taken back by 2.
Now I have a chance at the pros. Smile
Back to top Go down
alain62

alain62

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1071

PostSubject: Re: AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times   AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times EmptySun 25 Nov 2012, 3:16 pm

Good idea Deep-Strike cheers
One change for all ! Saver Very Happy
Thanks m8.
Back to top Go down
deep-strike

deep-strike

Anzahl der Beiträge : 931

PostSubject: Re: AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times   AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times EmptySun 25 Nov 2012, 3:26 pm

I found it easier and safer than editing of each track the aiw files. Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sansenri

sansenri

PostSubject: Re: AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times   AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times EmptyMon 26 Nov 2012, 12:00 am

true deep-strike, but what I find, is that the AI behaves differently in different tracks, so in some tracks I win in some I never do against the pros...
(so I need a method of changing speed in individual tracks, not in all tracks)

nonetheless, the question raised by Ptit-Mika was different, he was referring to the fact that the AI is extremely fast in quali, but then not so fast in the race!
I also experience this in many tracks, no matter how I try I am last in quali, but in the race I can push my way up and even win starting from last.

Often I don't bother to qualify and just start last, other times I set random start, that works well to start always in different positions, but I assume (since I have not played around so much with the a/m settings) that if you lower the quali ratio the AI will be slower just in quali, not in the race (allowing you to qualify more up front).
Back to top Go down
Ptit_Mika

Ptit_Mika

PostSubject: Re: AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times   AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times EmptyTue 27 Nov 2012, 2:58 pm

Thank you sansenri, it is actually exactly what i was looking for. cheers

In fact, i prefer to have a more realistic difference between race and qualif in particular when i learn a new track. It is easier for me to know if i am in a good pace rather than to be systematically on the back of the grid.

On the same way, i don't want to be suddenly much faster than the AI during the race. Il find it is a lot more funny to have tight races. Smile
Back to top Go down
rickoshea

rickoshea

Anzahl der Beiträge : 548
Ort : Overlooking the thames & F***ing miles away from Ney's Home!!

PostSubject: Re: AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times   AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times EmptyWed 28 Nov 2012, 3:56 am

What you really need is a faster car lol!

Here's a vid of my fast lap at the Interlagos i posted, beat that!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO7pvCBPGLg
Back to top Go down
sansenri

sansenri

PostSubject: Re: AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times   AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times EmptyWed 28 Nov 2012, 10:13 pm

@Ptit-Mika
totally agree with you
glad the info can be useful
try it out, and let us know your findings and what track and setting you tried out
I'm curious to know other people's experience...

@rick
have you tried changing the class of a 917k to TC65? drunken
fun just to see how many times you can lap opponents in a race...
especially fun in ovals... Very Happy
but then fun does not lasts long that way Sleep ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ptit_Mika

Ptit_Mika

PostSubject: Re: AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times   AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times EmptyMon 03 Dec 2012, 10:16 am

The tunning of QualRatio and RaceRation works very well. I tried it on Kyalami and Long Beach tracks reducing QualRatio to 0.99 and changing to faster values raceRatio and it was fine !

Thank you again !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times   AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times Empty

Back to top Go down

AI Huge difference between qualifying and race lap times
Page 1 of 1