Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€GTL - At the end of the race Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
GTL - At the end of the race Vote_lcapGTL - At the end of the race Voting_barGTL - At the end of the race Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
GTL - At the end of the race Vote_lcapGTL - At the end of the race Voting_barGTL - At the end of the race Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests

Darkspace83

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

GTL - At the end of the race

Go down 
+2
GeeDee
alain62
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alain62

alain62

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1071

GTL - At the end of the race Empty
PostSubject: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013, 2:15 pm

Hi friends,
I did not see that we had already discussed this: study 
Is it possible to remove this sudden change of direction after crossing the finish line at the end of the race  Question  scratch 
This often causes a crash between cars or against the safety rail.  Suspect  No  Sad  Grrrrr.
Thanks for your help.  cheers
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013, 11:30 pm

alain62 wrote:
Hi friends,
I did not see that we had already discussed this: study 
Is it possible to remove this sudden change of direction after crossing the finish line at the end of the race  Question  scratch 
This often causes a crash between cars or against the safety rail.  Suspect  No  Sad  Grrrrr.
Thanks for your help.  cheers

Which track are you talking about Alain m8?
Back to top Go down
alain62

alain62

PostSubject: Re: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race EmptySat 14 Dec 2013, 10:26 am

Hi Gordon,

It happens almost on every track. I can prevent this by slowing the car just before the finish line, but when I'm fighting with others, or trying to make a "best time", it becomes difficult..... Wink 
I also tried to drive along the pit lane wall, or on the opposite side of the AI, but it often doesn't work.
In fact, it's not really serious but the cars are damaged at the end of each race.  Sad  Sad.
I suppose it should be difficult to solve this problem, especially if it depends of each track AI.
Thanks anymway for your help, my dear friend.  Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
lauter

lauter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 853

PostSubject: Re: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race EmptySat 14 Dec 2013, 5:22 pm

Hi Alain,

do you have the problem that at the end of the race the AI takes over the control over your car ?  scratch 
You can disable this in your Drivername.PLR file, but first ... Make a backup of this file !  pale 
Then open the PLR file with notepad and search under [ DRIVING AIDS ] for

No AI control ="0" // ...

and change it  to

No AI control ="1" // ...

Loss of comfort : You must exit the finished race with >ESC< . Hope this is, what you're looking for !

Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race EmptySat 14 Dec 2013, 9:37 pm

What my learned friend Lauter has suggested appears to be the way I would treat your problem also.

Did you know you can also turn the AI of for pitting?
Also in the PLR file... look for this line.

Autopit="1"
Force Autopit Off="0" // Forces autopit always off (unsupported, use at your own risk)

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2380

PostSubject: Re: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race EmptySat 14 Dec 2013, 10:26 pm

GeeDee wrote:
What my learned friend Lauter has suggested appears to be the way I would treat your problem also.

Autopit="1"
Force Autopit Off="0" // Forces autopit always off (unsupported, use at your own risk)

Very Happy 
Please Gee, could you explain with a bit more details this pitstop option?
Change Autopit to "1" and Force Autopit Off to "0" ?
Back to top Go down
alain62

alain62

PostSubject: Re: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race EmptySun 15 Dec 2013, 4:05 pm

Waow ! Many thanks Lauter and Gordon !  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 
I'll try this evening. It looks more simple than I tought...  Idea 
I'll let you know if it solves this problem.
Thanks again, friends  cheers
Back to top Go down
deep-strike

deep-strike

Anzahl der Beiträge : 931

PostSubject: Re: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race EmptySun 15 Dec 2013, 4:30 pm

@ alain62
I'm looking forward to your results buddy.  Wink   Very Happy 
Sometimes it annoys me too when, after crossing the finish line, the AI ​​takes over and against the pit wall crashes, for example.  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race EmptySun 15 Dec 2013, 11:55 pm

ney.dias wrote:
GeeDee wrote:

Autopit="1"

Very Happy 
Please Gee, could you explain with a bit more details this pitstop option?
Change Autopit to "1" and Force Autopit Off to "0" ?

It's easy my friend. If the AI take over when you pit then simply change the Autopit="0" to Autopit="1" in the PLR file.

GTL/UserData/Your GameName/Your GameName.PLR file... open with Wordpad or notePad

clown 
Back to top Go down
alain62

alain62

PostSubject: Re: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013, 12:54 pm

Hi Gordon, Lauter, Ney, Deep-Strike,

It works ! Wonderful.  bounce  cheers  Very Happy 
And it's finally more real : instead of "Esc", we can also drive to the pits normally.
It was late and I did only one test, so I'm not sure if we can get the time table (that we normally have when the AI takes control). I'll try later. Stay tuned  Exclamation 
I didn't try the "Autopit Off" : it's not so annoying for me (and I could drive too fast if I forget the limiter  alien , and then get a penalty  Wink ), but if the rest works..... it should be the same result.  Very Happy 
Big thanks again, mates !  sunny 
 cheers drunken pirat
Back to top Go down
lauter

lauter

PostSubject: Re: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013, 2:44 pm

GTL - At the end of the race Smiley-says-youre-welcome-emoticon
Back to top Go down
deep-strike

deep-strike

Anzahl der Beiträge : 931

PostSubject: Re: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013, 6:28 pm

Good News.  cheers 
I'll change it in my PLR file.
So the AI ​​no longer annoying after crossing the finish line.  Very Happy  bounce 
Thank you very much lauter & GeeDee  cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lauter

lauter

PostSubject: Re: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013, 7:32 pm

... I'm pleased about that ... GTL - At the end of the race Running-around-smiley-emoticon
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013, 7:40 pm

lauter wrote:

... I'm pleased about that ... GTL - At the end of the race Running-around-smiley-emoticon

Ditto to that... I've had my GTL set up that way for years now as I found the AI intensely annoying.  clown pirat drunken 
Back to top Go down
sansenri

sansenri

Anzahl der Beiträge : 213

PostSubject: Re: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013, 11:10 pm

I have the AI disabled at the end of the race since long time also, driving to the pits is enjoyable some times, and in any case if it gets boring you can always press "i" and the AI takes over again
Back to top Go down
alain62

alain62

PostSubject: Re: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race EmptyTue 17 Dec 2013, 12:34 pm

Ohoo ! thanks for the tip, sansenri m8  Very Happy 
So, after a new test, I noticed that it's still possible to see the time table, if you press "esc" and choose "quit" (while you're not yet in the pits).
 cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTL - At the end of the race   GTL - At the end of the race Empty

Back to top Go down

GTL - At the end of the race
Page 1 of 1