Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Targa Florio a bit of a review Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Targa Florio a bit of a review Vote_lcapTarga Florio a bit of a review Voting_barTarga Florio a bit of a review Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Targa Florio a bit of a review Vote_lcapTarga Florio a bit of a review Voting_barTarga Florio a bit of a review Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

doctorm7, jackie another, Jeep

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Targa Florio a bit of a review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rickoshea

rickoshea

Anzahl der Beiträge : 548
Ort : Overlooking the thames & F***ing miles away from Ney's Home!!

Targa Florio a bit of a review Empty
PostSubject: Targa Florio a bit of a review   Targa Florio a bit of a review EmptyFri 09 Sep 2011, 3:41 am

Ok guys as this track is going to be released within the next day or 2
i thought i'd do a little review as i have the gtr evo version on my gtr2 install.

First thing is- all you guys with slightly older\lower spec pc's - START SAVING!

Now onto an issue- the loading time, first time you load this- book a table at your favourite resturant & take your family out for a meal, because when you return it will Still be loading! even when the part at the bottom says ready, it's not,
At that time i put on my open face helmet, my driving gloves & one of those
white silk scarves that blow behind you in the wind.

(A question- do any of you have a fan next to your screen blowing at you for added realism? just wondered)

Then - at last it was ready, this track is soooooooooo very long, after about 3 or 4 laps i was bored & tired, it's a little like taking a drive in the countryside but without the little cafe to stop in halfway for a cup of tea & slice of cake..

So in conclusion- Congratulations to the chap\chaps who converted this monster.
What does it look like? it looks lika a GPL track ported to GTR2..
so much of it is just trees & grass with the odd house or wall popping up now & again. a bit like isle of man & dundrod..

So there you are- Can you turn water into wine=NO..

Now i am off to take my dog for a walk round a propper track- Brands Hatch
how can i do that you ask.. I bloody live there..

Oh & here's a link to the vid by the guy working on it- even he fell asleep....
https://youtu.be/yjUTPkfCNYU
Back to top Go down
LaZanzaraRombante

LaZanzaraRombante

Anzahl der Beiträge : 310

PostSubject: Re: Targa Florio a bit of a review   Targa Florio a bit of a review EmptyFri 09 Sep 2011, 7:40 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.simracingvintage.it/
bcfcdave

bcfcdave

Anzahl der Beiträge : 334

PostSubject: Re: Targa Florio a bit of a review   Targa Florio a bit of a review EmptyFri 09 Sep 2011, 8:37 am

Targa Florio is one to be experienced for real, as a spectator. Not on a PC in my house

I once took a formula ford 1600 for a 'walk' round Brands, what a superb day that was I love you
Back to top Go down
DRat

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

PostSubject: Re: Targa Florio a bit of a review   Targa Florio a bit of a review EmptyFri 09 Sep 2011, 12:13 pm

I had to wonder, with the missing areas of scenery, roadside posts with no collisions, and shortfall on roadside cams, was this released by the original team or is it a handbook conversion. Since the original GPL/PnG team has not mentioned anything, perhaps it is evident.

In any case, it is a good drive albeit quite long as endurance events are supposed to be. My first lap yesterday was in a vintage Mini taking over 40 minutes, and three or four laps was way beyond my own endurance limits. However, the track is a very tiring blast from the past taken in a vintage GT car at the limit. You don't have a lot of time to study much of the scenery that way except in finding braking and turn-in points. With the two dozen laps I've done in GPL and GTR2 GT cars of the period, I'm only now getting comfortable with the course. And in its original form it is in most ways a masterpiece!

I'm looking forward to a GTL version, hopefully with the blessing of the track developers. Has anyone been in touch with that team?
Back to top Go down
rickoshea

rickoshea

Anzahl der Beiträge : 548
Ort : Overlooking the thames & F***ing miles away from Ney's Home!!

PostSubject: Re: Targa Florio a bit of a review   Targa Florio a bit of a review EmptyFri 09 Sep 2011, 12:32 pm

As i posted on another site, i have this in GPL & during the convertion it has lost all of the
magic from the original, i even tried it with mat monroe singing- on days like these
playing through my headphones, but no joy!! maybe i should have been smoking a pipe too...
Back to top Go down
DRat

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

PostSubject: Re: Targa Florio a bit of a review   Targa Florio a bit of a review EmptyFri 09 Sep 2011, 12:39 pm

rickoshea wrote:
As i posted on another site, i have this in GPL & during the convertion it has lost all of the
magic from the original, i even tried it with mat monroe singing- on days like these
playing through my headphones, but no joy!! maybe i should have been smoking a pipe too...

lol!
I've not been that desperate as yet, but if you did 3 or 4 laps in a row even Pink Floyd could not have helped, regardless of the content of the pipe! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Targa Florio a bit of a review   Targa Florio a bit of a review Empty

Back to top Go down

Targa Florio a bit of a review
Page 1 of 1