Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Z Modeler question... Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Z Modeler question... Vote_lcapZ Modeler question... Voting_barZ Modeler question... Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Z Modeler question... Vote_lcapZ Modeler question... Voting_barZ Modeler question... Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Z Modeler question...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zee

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 917

Z Modeler question... Empty
PostSubject: Z Modeler question...   Z Modeler question... EmptySun 09 Jun 2024, 7:14 am

Ok: I know Zmodeler 1 is ancient and obsolete but it's the only program I've learnt to map stuff in!  Embarassed

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to map stuff to non square textures? When I map to a texture that's 2048x2048 for example everything's fine but if the texture is 2048x1024 it squashes or stretches it into a square meaning I can't map to it.

I can't see a setting to adjust this in Zmodeler 1 and I'm hoping there's a way to use the rectangular textures also as it'll save a lot of re-mapping when building stuff like the Jag MK1 3.4 which I'm doing at the moment Thinking

If there's no way around it is there an easy to use program out there to map stuff with? Nothing too involved, my tired old brain is not what it used to be... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Ducon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 84

PostSubject: Re: Z Modeler question...   Z Modeler question... EmptySun 09 Jun 2024, 8:00 am

The way I do it : If the texture is 2048 wide and 1024 high, in Zmodeler the height will be stretched to look like it's 2048. My solution (after rotating the part to map to the correct position if needed) is simply to scale the part's X axis to 50% (or the Y axis to 200%) and then proceed to place it at the choosen place with the move and scale options. The most important is that once the width is scaled to 50% you cannot rotate the part anymore.

Once opened in 3DSimed it will look perfect.

Last edited by Ducon on Sun 09 Jun 2024, 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ducon

PostSubject: Re: Z Modeler question...   Z Modeler question... EmptySun 09 Jun 2024, 8:10 am

You also can paste your 2048x1024 texture on the lower half 2048x2048 image. Once opened in Zmodeler the texture will look OK, just position your parts on it.

After that, open the mapped parts in 3DSimed, change the 2048x2048 texture to the original 2048x1024 one, edit material, rescale tex, scale V to 0.5000 and it's done. You might have to use offset V, usually offset to 0.5000 it fine.

The first solution is easier for me.
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: Z Modeler question...   Z Modeler question... EmptySun 09 Jun 2024, 9:53 am

Thanks, I'll give that a try thumbup
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: Z Modeler question...   Z Modeler question... EmptyMon 10 Jun 2024, 8:22 am

Ducon wrote:

The first solution is easier for me.

I found the same! Method 2 sort of works but it messes up the mapping when rescaling 'V' to 0.5000 but method 1 seems to do trick thumbup2

Thanks

Ducon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ducon

PostSubject: Re: Z Modeler question...   Z Modeler question... EmptyMon 10 Jun 2024, 8:42 am

Sometimes with method 2, once you rescaled the material, the mapping is perfectly in place, sometimes not and you need to offset it. I still have no clue as to why it happens...

Method 1 is more reliable but you have to rescale the width of all the objects you import, and if you find that you need to rotate one of the objects after having rescaled it, you have to re-rescale it to 200%, then rotate it, then re-re-rescale to 50% again... it can become tedious.

The good thing is that both methods allow to work on non-square textures.

Zee likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Z Modeler question...   Z Modeler question... Empty

Back to top Go down

Z Modeler question...
Page 1 of 1