Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Monte Carlo mountain circuit Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Vote_lcapMonte Carlo mountain circuit Voting_barMonte Carlo mountain circuit Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Vote_lcapMonte Carlo mountain circuit Voting_barMonte Carlo mountain circuit Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 1 Registered, 1 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

Vanaja

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Monte Carlo mountain circuit

Go down 
+6
carTOON
alex12
Snowmeow
freeracer
philrob
GeeDee
10 posters
AuthorMessage
carTOON

carTOON

Anzahl der Beiträge : 543

Monte Carlo mountain circuit Empty
PostSubject: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021, 4:10 pm

Monte Carlo mountain circuit Grab_023
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/monte-carlo-mountain-circuit.39097/

jeannomiller and kk08 like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.studiobaestarts.com
kk08

Anzahl der Beiträge : 160

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021, 5:35 pm

Are you going to make a GTL/GTR2 version? I really like it!
Back to top Go down
carTOON

carTOON

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021, 6:30 pm

kk08 wrote:
GTL version is ready and works well, but ...
DIRT 3 uses tricky textures - not perfect in rFactor either, but weird, ugly in GTL, I don't like.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021, 10:53 pm

carTOON wrote:
kk08 wrote:
DIRT 3 uses tricky textures - not perfect in rFactor either, but weird, ugly in GTL, I don't like.
Hopefully, you can fix the issue Lajos Punk I Am Not Worthy
Back to top Go down
freeracer

freeracer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 686

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyMon 06 Dec 2021, 3:06 pm

I would like to have this track Mister.

carTOON likes this post

Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

Anzahl der Beiträge : 485

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyMon 06 Dec 2021, 4:06 pm

Looks and runs great in RF2

carTOON and freeracer like this post

Back to top Go down
carTOON

carTOON

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyMon 06 Dec 2021, 5:24 pm

freeracer wrote:

I would like to have this track Mister.

Hi, mate!
In racedepartment was deleted and I don't have my own copy - I lost it due to a new pc and Assetto Corsa installation. If anyone has this, please too! Smile
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

Anzahl der Beiträge : 485

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyMon 06 Dec 2021, 5:39 pm

Here is MonteCarlo RF1, just uploaded it to Mediafire.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/22sr25yk8wtig47/MonteCarlo.rar/file

carTOON, fisheracing, freeracer and mastrotre like this post

Back to top Go down
carTOON

carTOON

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyTue 07 Dec 2021, 8:09 am

philrob wrote:

Thanks, mate! Smile

mastrotre likes this post

Back to top Go down
freeracer

freeracer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 686

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyTue 07 Dec 2021, 12:43 pm

thanks mate
Back to top Go down
Snowmeow

Snowmeow

Anzahl der Beiträge : 8

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptySat 18 Feb 2023, 5:33 am

philrob wrote:
Thank you very much, you saved the day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alex12

alex12

Anzahl der Beiträge : 446

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyMon 20 Feb 2023, 3:41 pm

carTOON wrote:

Can you upload the GTL version, please ?

Back to top Go down
alex12

alex12

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyWed 22 Feb 2023, 10:45 am

Even if it's ugly on GTL, not a problem for me !!!

We don't have many rally track, and Monte Carlo is a must, in racing history... Wink

freeracer likes this post

Back to top Go down
carTOON

carTOON

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyThu 02 Mar 2023, 12:24 pm

alex12 wrote:
Even if it's ugly on GTL, not a problem for me !!!

We don't have many rally track, and Monte Carlo is a must, in racing history... Wink

Mate, I haven't used GTL and GTR2 for a long time, but I can give you a quick version of GTR2, because GTL is no longer on PC... but it can be easily converted to GTL. This is a friendly forum, someone will surely help, cheers and best regards from Hungary!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/n9c2kapxvuzbh35/MonteCarloCircuitVersionByBarcika.zip/file

jeannomiller, Vanaja, drionita, kk08, freeracer, mastrotre and SabineSchmitzX like this post

Back to top Go down
alex12

alex12

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyFri 03 Mar 2023, 1:19 pm

GTL or GTR2 version... no way... Thank you very much for sharing it with us... cheers

carTOON likes this post

Back to top Go down
kk08

Anzahl der Beiträge : 160

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyFri 03 Mar 2023, 7:19 pm

Thanks

carTOON likes this post

Back to top Go down
SabineSchmitzX

Anzahl der Beiträge : 44

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyThu 09 Mar 2023, 5:36 pm

Thx for the GTR2 version but it does not work for me.Cars spawn but flow around somewhere in the mountains. Well maybe experts can pls have a look - always wanted this track so much.
Back to top Go down
Ducon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 71

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyFri 10 Mar 2023, 6:05 am

I have converted it to GTR2 for my own use. I have reworked a lot of things because it's true that the track doesn't look very nice. I've replaced or reworked some 3D and textures, I've reduced the number of materials, that was completely stupid : you don't need 15 different material names for 15 different objects using the same texture !

I have added some night lights, rain reflections, start lights among other things. It's still far from perfect, there's a strange glitch that produces a thin white line on both sides of the road that I couldn't get rid of, and the cars shadow on the rockfaces are horrible.

Apart from the original circuit, I have made some special stages with very very basic AIW that will allow to drive on the unused parts of the track. Since the AIW is minimal, there's no groove on the road and you must avoid using the "reset car" key because you might have your car placed far from where you crashed and/or not in the correct direction... Of course, you cannot race against AI.

I don't think the track represents some real location, it looks pretty standard, only a few signs written in French make it Montecarloesque.

Since I did it for my own install, the track is not directly usable in a default GTR2. I'll have to change a few things before to upload it. I'll do it after I've finished the things I'm working on at the moment. You can see how it looks in the pics below (right click and open image in a new tab to see the pic in 1920x1080) :

Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_236
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_238
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_237
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_239
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_244
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_245
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_246
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_264
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_266
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_265
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_267
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_269
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_272
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_273
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_274

toto090369 and drionita like this post

Back to top Go down
SabineSchmitzX

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyFri 10 Mar 2023, 1:50 pm

OK. If that works for you do you think you could share it with us pls. I also found the huge size of it kinda disturbing. Well thx if you can make it.
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2073

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyFri 10 Mar 2023, 5:23 pm

I shrunk it down from 533mb with 4,346 files to 205mb with 13 files but didn't think the track worth the install.... If I remember, practice and quali sessions don't "start" right, only starting race session works properly, can't remember....
Back to top Go down
Ducon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 71

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyWed 22 Mar 2023, 1:29 am

Here's my version for GTR2, but :

READ CAREFULLY BEFORE USING IT

I made it for my own install and it is not directly useable in a normal game.

First, backup the files that will be overwritten, SPECIALFX.TEC and GTL_STEX.GTR.

The .TEC file is needed for various track effects, snow, gravel, etc.
This version is still WIP, some of the effects are not looking very good, but the track will CTD without it.
If you don't want to use this file, you can stop reading here, or
if you know how the .tec file works, you can copy the parts that yours is missing (This is for advanced users only).

The STEX file is needed for some textures, here snow.
This version is also WIP, some of the textures need to be improved. If your file already has some snow textures, try it, it might work.

Know problems or bugs :

As stated in the previous post, the "special stages" AIW are very basic, so "there's no groove on the road and you must avoid using the "reset car" key because you might have your car placed far from where you crashed and/or not in the correct direction... Of course, you cannot race against AI".

Also, on the regular circuit, a lot of the AI (if not all) will crash before the end of the race. Strangely, they seem to be able to finish when the track is wet...

The original track allows 30 cars but it can work only without qualifying sessions. I've made 30 garage spots and 10 pit spots in the AIW but that never worked. For some reason that I don't understand, the track will only accept a maximum of 12 cars...

The "special stages" distances and fuel consumption were all calculated by estimation, they are NOT accurate.

THE TRACK IS PROVIDED "AS IS", IF IT DOESN'T WORK, JUST DELETE IT AND FORGET IT.

If anybody wants to improve it or rework it in any manner, no problem, just do what you want with it. Maybe ask Cartoon as he is the original converter of this track.

The link :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6wznx7ycj5kox9s/Monte_Carlo.rar/file

Some pics of a special stage :
(right click and open image in a new tab to see the pic in 1920x1080)
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_279
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_278
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_277
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_280
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_281
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_282
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_283
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_284
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_285
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_286
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_287
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_288
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_289
Monte Carlo mountain circuit Gtr2_290

jeannomiller, drionita, kk08, mastrotre and SabineSchmitzX like this post

Back to top Go down
SabineSchmitzX

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit EmptyThu 23 Mar 2023, 3:34 pm

Thx for the efforts but it is not working for me. Cars don't even leave the pits, they're stuck, AI floats around. Well maybe this finds an expert track maker who can make it work for all. Would be worth it imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo mountain circuit   Monte Carlo mountain circuit Empty

Back to top Go down

Monte Carlo mountain circuit
Page 1 of 1