Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Car height in Showroom - Page 2 Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Car height in Showroom - Page 2 Vote_lcapCar height in Showroom - Page 2 Voting_barCar height in Showroom - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Car height in Showroom - Page 2 Vote_lcapCar height in Showroom - Page 2 Voting_barCar height in Showroom - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Car height in Showroom

Go down 
+8
hmmguy
Soze
ney.dias
Zee
Loose Ether
MOF
Vintage Racer
GeeDee
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

Car height in Showroom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car height in Showroom   Car height in Showroom - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 11:27 am

Awwwwwww T*T W**K,

I found something else that I can't do with this mod that needs doing.

The driver looks like a child sitting so low in the cockpit. I can get the head to any height I need but the body won't budge at all... perhaps he needs a rocket up his A**E!!

What I did was to raise the head using 3DSimEd and rename the file DRIVER_HELMET3.GMT and changed the .CAS file to reflect this name and that worked.

I tried the same thing with the extdriver_a3.gmt and the M-FPDRIVER3.GMT but the body just sits there with his head floating above... please help me as I am sure it's laughing at me!! Haw haw!! clown

Cheers me dears!! cheers

Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

Anzahl der Beiträge : 453

PostSubject: Re: Car height in Showroom   Car height in Showroom - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 11:40 am

Well your M-FPDRIVER is your arms and legs when driving from the cockpit which is adjusted in the .car file.
He's the one standing up in the car in 3DSimed Smile

So I take it you mean you have a tiny looking driver when looking at the car from outside ?

How does the ext_driver look in 3dSimed ?
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Car height in Showroom   Car height in Showroom - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 11:48 am

Cheers Terry m8, that explains why adjusting the M-FPDRIVER did nothing.

I can raise him in 3DSimEd as much as I want and I can see what I have done but I can't get him to sit any higher in game. There's a space between his head and his body. Does that help m8?
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: Car height in Showroom   Car height in Showroom - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 12:02 pm

Hmmmmmm.... scratch

I don't know Gee.....out of my experience I'm afraid and all I can offer are guesses.

Sorry, I must defer to the more knowledgeable amongst us.......

Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Car height in Showroom   Car height in Showroom - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 1:22 pm

Many thanks for trying Terry m8. I might just release what I have and hope someone can make the car look as if it isn't being driven by a jockey, ho ho!

Cheers,

Gordon
Back to top Go down
Loose Ether

Loose Ether

PostSubject: Re: Car height in Showroom   Car height in Showroom - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 1:24 pm

Well I might give it a go. Once I have it to play with I might come up with something Wink

Well go on then, where is it ??!! Razz
bounce
Back to top Go down
AHTOAH

AHTOAH

Anzahl der Beiträge : 102

PostSubject: Re: Car height in Showroom   Car height in Showroom - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 2:00 pm

Check that line in the *.car file:

ExternalDriverPosition=(x, z, y)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonybenev.ml
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Car height in Showroom   Car height in Showroom - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2013, 2:33 pm

Thank you Tony, that's just done the job. Altered the 'Y' position and all is good m8!! I had forgotten all about the adjustments that could be done in the .CAR file

Just got to move the hands onto the steering wheel on the same .CAR file and it'll be ready for GTL release.

Cheers again all you helpfull friends, I've learned something new with your help.

Don't forget though that this addon for JD's mod was all started by r0m0r then Ned and MOF stepped in to take it further. I only finished it off with the help of my m8's.

Give yourselves a big hug... ya deserve it... some chocolate too and maybe a bottle of beer!!

Gordon aka GeeDee cheers
Back to top Go down
hagapito40

hagapito40

Anzahl der Beiträge : 5

PostSubject: Re: Car height in Showroom   Car height in Showroom - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Jun 2016, 4:24 pm

GeeDee ...
Car height in Showroom - Page 2 253778005

Now i can use the WSGT showroom in other mods and Reborn cars! only adjusting the height of the showroom in 3DsimED...!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
freeracer

freeracer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 687

PostSubject: Re: Car height in Showroom   Car height in Showroom - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Sep 2016, 9:02 am

GeeDee wrote:
Maybe I should have kept the sunken wheels and tried to lower the showroom floor but I don't know how to do that either. I'll give that a try later.

Wheel height in Showroom
1.. To get the wheel height altered in the showroom I used 3DSimEd and put a .CAR file into it so that the car loaded.

2.. then right click on one of the wheels and the 'Edit Object Window' will appear (Hide all Shadows and Collision doobries first where needed).

3.. Under 'Operations' click on 'centre' and you should notice that under 'Positions' that numbers have appeared where there were just '0.000'.

4.. in this box you can move the wheels in 3d.
X is for moving the wheels in or out from the body
Y is for moving the wheels to the front or back of the body
Z is for moving the wheels up or down in relationship to the ground
Note that each wheel has it's own Edit Object that must be done.

5.. when you are happy with what you have done click on 'Update' near the top right corner of the box.

6.. save (export) to a new folder.

7.. in this folder you will have the new .gmt file for the wheels so you can update your .GTL or GTR2 file with them.

I hope this explains it clear enough for you but please let me know if you have problems.

Gee
Very Happy

"put a .CAR file" into 3dsimed...its so easy! thanks my good lord!
Back to top Go down
alex12

alex12

Anzahl der Beiträge : 450

PostSubject: Re: Car height in Showroom   Car height in Showroom - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 Sep 2016, 8:25 am

Sorry for my ignorance but... does anybody can explain how to put a .car file into 3dsimed, please ?

Well thanks in advance... Wink

Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Car height in Showroom   Car height in Showroom - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 Sep 2016, 10:50 am

alex12 wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance but... does anybody can explain how to put a .car file into 3dsimed, please ?

Well thanks in advance... Wink

Drag and drop the file into 3DSimEd... that simple!

You can also do the same thing with the .trk file from a track.

Have fun cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car height in Showroom   Car height in Showroom - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Car height in Showroom
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2