Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Spridget ride height issue Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Spridget ride height issue Vote_lcapSpridget ride height issue Voting_barSpridget ride height issue Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Spridget ride height issue Vote_lcapSpridget ride height issue Voting_barSpridget ride height issue Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 1 Bot

CsarNar, Tanjaschnute

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Spridget ride height issue

Go down 
+2
MG421982
ChrisMarks
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisMarks

ChrisMarks

Anzahl der Beiträge : 116

Spridget ride height issue Empty
PostSubject: Spridget ride height issue   Spridget ride height issue EmptySun 22 May 2016, 10:30 am

Hi guys! long time since my last post, but i have had a problem with the Spridget mod for a while now. I have tried to fix it in the .HDC and with a complete reinstall of my game and mod. But for some reason the ride height is completely off, it looks fine in the showroom but on track (all tracks even original ones) it is no way near touching the ground...

Any idea how to fix this?
Any help is appreciated!
Cheers Chris cheers
Back to top Go down
MG421982

MG421982

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1425

PostSubject: Re: Spridget ride height issue   Spridget ride height issue EmptySun 22 May 2016, 11:14 am

You should try fixing this issue by adjusting first the height of the GraphicalOffset line from the .HDC file. The height is represented by the 2nd parameter of the line. Below you have a screen with the GraphicalOffset line highlighted ( ''-0.02'' is the parameter you should modify).

Spridget ride height issue Rhg10

ChrisMarks

PostSubject: Re: Spridget ride height issue   Spridget ride height issue EmptySun 22 May 2016, 5:50 pm

Hi MG thank you for your time and advice, i have tried this and the wheels still doesnt touch the ground Sad
Back to top Go down
MG421982

MG421982

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1425

PostSubject: Re: Spridget ride height issue   Spridget ride height issue EmptySun 22 May 2016, 7:23 pm

ChrisMarks wrote:
Hi MG thank you for your time and advice, i have tried this and the wheels still doesnt touch the ground Sad

Sorry, but you mentioned the car height, not that the tyres do not touch the ground. To fix the tyres problem some modification in the .TYR file is necessary. So, what's your problem, the car height, the tyres... or both?

ChrisMarks

PostSubject: Re: Spridget ride height issue   Spridget ride height issue EmptyMon 23 May 2016, 6:54 am

oh, sorry for the mistake i just meant that the tyres/wheels didnt touch the ground.... sorry again Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 917

PostSubject: Re: Spridget ride height issue   Spridget ride height issue EmptyMon 23 May 2016, 7:43 am

As Marian says you need to alter the tyre radius in the .tyr file. Open it with notepad and try a small decrease in size until the car sits right. The other alternative is to increase the actual size of the wheel's 3d with 3dSimed but that'll probably result in the car looking odd with over scale wheels! Just make sure you check things on various tracks as there can be a difference on where tyres sit in my experience. Wink
Back to top Go down
ChrisMarks

ChrisMarks

PostSubject: Re: Spridget ride height issue   Spridget ride height issue EmptyMon 23 May 2016, 9:01 am

thanks for the help, that did the trick... cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 917

PostSubject: Re: Spridget ride height issue   Spridget ride height issue EmptyMon 23 May 2016, 2:15 pm

One more thing to consider Chris, reducing tyre radius will also lower the top speed (if the car reaches its max rpm in top gear) so you might need to select a taller (higher ratio) diff for faster tracks.
Back to top Go down
ChrisMarks

ChrisMarks

PostSubject: Re: Spridget ride height issue   Spridget ride height issue EmptyMon 23 May 2016, 3:33 pm

thanks for the tip Zee, will try it out thumbup
Back to top Go down
jghinkle

Anzahl der Beiträge : 47

PostSubject: Re: Spridget ride height issue   Spridget ride height issue EmptyWed 25 May 2016, 2:07 am

With the SCCA Runoff's coming back to Mid Ohio this year, I've been working on giving the production class cars a little bit more of a current prep.

Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2135

PostSubject: Re: Spridget ride height issue   Spridget ride height issue EmptyWed 25 May 2016, 2:16 am

Same here, lotta' classes to fill.........
Back to top Go down
chrisracer14

chrisracer14

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

PostSubject: Re: Spridget ride height issue   Spridget ride height issue EmptyWed 25 May 2016, 12:19 pm

Nice video. The SCCA hasn't used the chicane since the 2002 runoffs. They went to the "Pro course" in 2003. I know because I ran DSR there at the runoffs 2002-2005.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spridget ride height issue   Spridget ride height issue Empty

Back to top Go down

Spridget ride height issue
Page 1 of 1