Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release] Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release] Vote_lcapGoodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release] Voting_barGoodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release] Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release] Vote_lcapGoodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release] Voting_barGoodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release] Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

kapitan2

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Damon Myrax

Damon Myrax

Anzahl der Beiträge : 39

Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release] Empty
PostSubject: Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release]   Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release] EmptySun 28 Mar 2021, 5:55 pm

INTRODUCTION
------------
This is the first time I have shared any of the modifications I have done and have tried to follow the rules and values of this community so please excuse any mistakes I may have unintentionally made.

This is the first part of a mod for GTR2 which aims to recreate the world-renowned Goodwood Revival Meeting. The intention is to release a series of mods to cover some of the key races that take place over the Revival weekend.

This first mod covers the Goodwood Trophy, which is a 20 minute race for Grand Prix and Voiturette cars of the type which would have raced in the 1930s. These cars were notoriously difficult to drive: unsophisticated suspension, narrow tyres and supercharged engines created a tendency to understeer but then with low levels of traction would quickly break into oversteer on application of the throttle. I have tried to create this behavior in the way I have modified the suspension and tyre files to make the cars handle in a way I imagine they would from watching videos and reading drivers' reviews.

DM 2021
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT'S NEW
----------
I have taken the wonderful 1937 GPL mod by Trackaholics and added the following changes:
-> ERA
--> Added new physics (eng, grb, hdc, sp and tyr) for B-Type 1.5L; B-Type 2.0L; C-Type; D-Type
--> Added new skins for R4A, R5B, R7B, R10B and R11B
-> Maserati
--> Added new physics (eng, grb, hdc, sp and tyr) for 6CM, 4CM and 8CM
--> Added 3 new skins
-> Alfa Romeo
--> Added new physics (eng, grb, hdc, sp and tyr) for 8C-35
-> Bugatti 51
--> Added new physics (eng, grb, hdc, sp and tyr) for T35B, T51 and T54
--> Added a couple of new skins.

Also included in this mod are some updates to the Goodwood track from GPLEA which was modified by Ken and philrob:
-> Included the 3-2-3 grid from Wingnut
-> Added a 10 second longview of the grid in the gridwalk
-> Updates to the GDB file to improve AI
-> Added some waypoints to the AIW on the entry to Madgewick where there were some missing and the AI could get unstable

I've also spent a lot of time trying to improve the AI for offline racing (for which this mod is intended) and have created new RCD files for the Goodwood drivers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
--------------------------
To avoid creating huge download files I have created this to build on top of existing mods but I would recommend installing this on top of a clean install as some files have changed which may cause conflicts with other mods.

STEP1: Install the Goodwood Track (if using the Revival track either rename folder or you will need to move new files to the correct folder).
STEP 2: Install 1937 GPL by Trackaholics.
STEP 3: Install Bugatti T51 by Trackaholics (don't move the folder).
STEP 4: Install Maserati 8CM by Trackaholics.
-> If using the GTL version change the file extensions from GTL to GTR (CAS file and 4 files)
STEP 5: If you want to see the front wheels from the cockpit view then in the PLR file change "wheels visible in cockpit" to 1
STEP 6: Extract the "Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA]" folders into your GameData folder.

As I say this is a BETA release so please let me know of any bugs you find and I will try to fix them in a later release.

Vanaja, ney.dias, z1000a2, fisheracing, Pete Conway, fatguts, modeewy25 and Jagami like this post

Back to top Go down
z1000a2

Anzahl der Beiträge : 688

PostSubject: Re: Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release]   Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release] EmptyMon 29 Mar 2021, 2:33 am

Thank you
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release]   Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release] EmptyMon 29 Mar 2021, 9:50 am

Thank you for your work Damon, sounds good mate. Punk
Back to top Go down
Pete Conway

Pete Conway

Anzahl der Beiträge : 163

PostSubject: Re: Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release]   Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release] EmptyMon 29 Mar 2021, 1:40 pm

Thank you Damon, I'm looking forward to trying this mod as it's in my favourite area of motorsport Goodwood... older cars... perfect!
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2091

PostSubject: Re: Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release]   Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release] EmptyMon 29 Mar 2021, 3:48 pm

Will have to check this one out, Thank You DM! thumbup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release]   Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release] Empty

Back to top Go down

Goodwood Revival Part 1 [BETA Release]
Page 1 of 1