Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Setting processor affinity to  GTR2 Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Setting processor affinity to  GTR2 Vote_lcapSetting processor affinity to  GTR2 Voting_barSetting processor affinity to  GTR2 Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Setting processor affinity to  GTR2 Vote_lcapSetting processor affinity to  GTR2 Voting_barSetting processor affinity to  GTR2 Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Setting processor affinity to GTR2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tdurrett

Anzahl der Beiträge : 159

Setting processor affinity to  GTR2 Empty
PostSubject: Setting processor affinity to GTR2   Setting processor affinity to  GTR2 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2019, 4:26 pm

Currently I have the following text for the GTR2 icon command-line...
C:\GTR2\GTR2.exe -"trace=1600" .  Is there a way to set the affinity=all (processors) on the command line as well?
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Setting processor affinity to GTR2   Setting processor affinity to  GTR2 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2019, 4:52 pm

I don't know about anfinity and beyond... you'll have to ask Buzz Lightyear about that cool

Set the trace to a much lower figure as it's most always the last few lines that tell what caused a problem, I have mine set to 50. GOOD
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2135

PostSubject: Re: Setting processor affinity to GTR2   Setting processor affinity to  GTR2 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2019, 5:16 pm

I think it is "+fullproc", pc is not up, can't verify right now..........
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1155

PostSubject: Re: Setting processor affinity to GTR2   Setting processor affinity to  GTR2 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2019, 8:11 pm

Don't bother this affinity thing is a waste of time tried them all don't work and are rubbish if the game is slow I would say a good graphics card is your best option for better frame rates

GTR2 is not a demanding game GTR2 is written to run on a single core.

I have just sold an Intel i5 4430 cpu for £35 on ebay that CPU ran every game I threw
at it so upgrading need not be expensive.

Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2135

PostSubject: Re: Setting processor affinity to GTR2   Setting processor affinity to  GTR2 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2019, 11:10 pm

He's right, I noticed absolutely no difference with any system I tried it with...........
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Setting processor affinity to GTR2   Setting processor affinity to  GTR2 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2019, 11:26 pm

Now I know what it is, I can also say I did try it and found no difference at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setting processor affinity to GTR2   Setting processor affinity to  GTR2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Setting processor affinity to GTR2
Page 1 of 1