Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 Vote_lcapAIW reworking Problem - Page 2 Voting_barAIW reworking Problem - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 Vote_lcapAIW reworking Problem - Page 2 Voting_barAIW reworking Problem - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

dbstreet

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

AIW reworking Problem

Go down 
+16
giaserg
150jims
fisheracing
GeeDee
charger69
syhlif32
BillBro
bonnier
philrob
GT350CS
Zee
WHIPCRACKER
hmmguy
0fflabeluse
NEChris
mikeae1
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeae1

mikeae1

Anzahl der Beiträge : 32

AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyFri 04 Jan 2019, 1:25 pm

bonnier wrote:
mikeae1 wrote:

I find only max. Version ...Edit.4.05, possible 4.22 ?

Here you go, Mike: www.mediafire.com/?5bdkeud5q5zim

Thank you - i will give 4.22 a good chance to work on my vintage win xp system :-) now. Vadaklaut is waiting also ! - Please have time Vadaklaut, i try it.

Hope the 64bit PC will working like in the past, after reworking Hardware.

Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2135

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyFri 04 Jan 2019, 1:33 pm

Lowered routers firewall security, bang!, came right in from both sites. Don't know if it's a regional/isp thing, or bude "rules", at least I found the reason. Only site that has this issue though......
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

Anzahl der Beiträge : 476

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyFri 04 Jan 2019, 5:11 pm

mikeae1 wrote:

Thank you - i will give 4.22 a good chance to work on my vintage win xp system :-) now.

Hopefully you'll get it working as the track really needs a better AI and cameras!
Back to top Go down
BillBro

Anzahl der Beiträge : 28

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptySat 05 Jan 2019, 1:39 pm

I've gotten the .AIW working pretty well. I need to find out why 2 or 3 cars are not leaving the garage area.

I have the cams pretty well sorted out, too.

Need to do some more testing. Getting there,though.

Best wishes,

BillBro
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

Anzahl der Beiträge : 487

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptySat 05 Jan 2019, 1:41 pm

Great news Bill, i had converted it to Rf1 to attempt a rework of the AIW. But win10 messes it up again.
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptySat 05 Jan 2019, 4:02 pm

Yes, great news! As for the cams, here's hoping you go for realistic placements (i.e. no fly-overs, cameras in the middle of the track, etc.).

Btw, did you notice the issue with the AI almost coming to a halt in Eau Rouge when entering the track after a pit stop?

Last edited by bonnier on Sun 06 Jan 2019, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikeae1

mikeae1

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptySat 05 Jan 2019, 8:43 pm

Yes - interest - look the development auf the threat "AIW Problem" :-).
Convert to rF1 is with my system not possible, only 3dsimed 2.xxxxx .... are running without ctd.

So i working my time on the GTR2 Version:
- new Textures - not to much, i began.
- new AIW for GTR2, here - thanks bonnier 4.22 is running, but in my opinion its for rF2 or so on ? Because this newer Version of ISI-editor delete a lot of parameter, event ...., and so on.
Consequently the pacecar is static.
Manually i reworked and now the pacecar have a good place near the pits, and start with the grid to a formation lap, every pacecar, the slowly p&G Version also, but no eventpoint, the pacecar drive not in the pits, manually "Space" Skip is necessary, its not fine.
I reworked the pit-in pit out and began searching quick racinglines. O.k. Spa66 is longer as a Clubcourse, the AI drives progressiv now, can anybody help by the pacecar please, its for GTR2, i think with aux it will be easier in rF1.
Now i working on the racingline, Eau Rouge - AI to slow - and 60 % of the complete Course are ready for test, than i will upload (my first upload since 2009 :-) - i lost the good moments in the community 2010.
on mediafire - good idea ?
Best Greetings Mike
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Jan 2019, 10:53 am

mikeae1 wrote:

Yes - interest - look the development auf the threat "AIW Problem" :-).

Always cool when something like this happens!
Back to top Go down
mikeae1

mikeae1

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Jan 2019, 11:35 am

Yes, Version 4.22 opened the aiw.
But i will find a good resolution, 4.22 delete in every waypoint important parameters.
Possible that newer Software - ISI based dont need eventpoint and so on.
i realize in a aiw: Pit in Waypoint for safetycar 2360 or so on.

About night - i cant solve the problem with the safetycar in GTR2.
For rF1 - i think its a little be better, but i havent sp66 for rf1.
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Jan 2019, 1:12 pm

For me the pacecar issue isn't a problem since I only drive 1967 races and as far as I know there were only standing starts at Spa that year. The track featured both standard grid starts (WSC 1000 km) and "Le Mans starts" (ETCC 24 hours) but the latter type of start has proven to be difficult to get to work realisticly in game. Although I haven't set up such a start for Spa yet, I have it done for the 1967 WSC events at Sebring, Nürburgring, and Le Mans. At Sebring it works almost too good with the AI cars being extremly quick getting off the line but at the two other tracks they are very slow getting away when the flag drops. I've done some testing with moving the grid spots closer to the racing line as well as placing the cars in different angles but can't figure out why it works so well at Sebring but not at the other two. Anyone got any ideas?
AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 Spa-et10
ETCC 24 hours, Spa-Francorchamps 1967

1000 km Nürburgring 1967 (WIP!) "Le Mans start":
AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 Nurbur10
AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 Nurbur11
AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 Nurbur12
Back to top Go down
mikeae1

mikeae1

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Jan 2019, 1:47 pm

Sorry - only short statement, because i cant read and study your answer - thanks for this,
this is nordschleife 75, 67,70 - i rebuild this, for example the main - Grandstand -right-side.
I realize more and more - it will be not bad to have a mediafire - account :-)
Back to top Go down
BillBro

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Jan 2019, 10:36 am

Here's what I've gotten so far:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/q8u2r8te3vsi58a/Spa66_GTL.7z/file

I added the Eau Hotel, and moved a couple of the trucks in the pit area so they aren't in the way of the garage out path. Reworked that path and reset the garage positions so the cars are all about the same distance from the path. All are working. Reset the corridors around the track so the cars behave appropriately. No crashes or corner cutting at the hairpin so far. Untangled all the fast and pit paths so they do not cross one another. Reset the fast path and adjusted the speed in a few of the corners.

I've gotten the .AIW running pretty well. A little slow in some areas, but pretty fast over most of the lap.

I also have the cams working very well. There are a couple of aerial cams, so sorry Bonnier, there are some.

I will also be working on a GTR2 version, Mikeae1, and it will have the pace car settings corrected, as well as rain reflections.

Let's get the GTL version up and running first.

PhilRob, if you're working on the textures, be aware that I have changed the position of a couple of the semi trucks in the garage area. Just make sure you use the 4 objects with names that begin with 'Transport'. I also modified the pit in and pit out objects. Other than that, I did not change any of the objects or textures.

And Bonnier, I can make an alternate .AIW file that will have the cars start at an angle as you've expressed you would prefer. The have to start from the track area and not the pits, or they will start with a pit speed limit.

I can also add in a starting flagman and pit flagmen if anyone wants.

Lastly, I feel we should approach the admins at the Altbierbude site and offer them the changes we're making once we're all done.

Hope you like what I've gotten down so far.

Best wishes,

BillBro
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Jan 2019, 1:20 pm

No problem Bill i have also moved trucks and changed logos on them and around track

AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 SPA66-PITS

click on image
Back to top Go down
BillBro

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Jan 2019, 1:59 pm

The last 3 or 4 trucks on the right as you exit the garage area are the ones I moved. I wanted to get them off of the garage out path. A few were 'stepping' on the yellow lines that define the path.

Best wishes,

BillBro
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Jan 2019, 2:06 pm

Just tried it in GTL and the AIW in RF1 worked great for me, much better than before, great work.
This track is moving along great now.In the RF1 version i have :
fixed tree alphas
added real track logos
added teams LOGOS to trucks
Added a few more trucks
added eau Hotel( thanks Bonnier)
changed sky/skyboxi
scn/gdb/tdf changes lods,collision etc
added rough sections to road and grass, car now reacts to these
and more to come.
Back to top Go down
BillBro

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Jan 2019, 2:50 pm

Sounds great, Phil.

Can't wait to see your work. Always very impressed with your attention to detail.

Thanks for the feedback on the .AIW file. How are the cams?

Best wishes,

BillBro
Back to top Go down
GT350CS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 430

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Jan 2019, 3:03 pm

GREAT work guys, much appreciated!!!
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Jan 2019, 3:09 pm

Bill,
i hope i live upto expectations.
Your cams do, great in GTL and RF1 so far. Reworking a couple of logos at the moment, still some work to be done.
Back to top Go down
BillBro

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Jan 2019, 4:16 pm

Please don't fret over my expectations...
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Jan 2019, 9:12 pm

BillBro wrote:

And Bonnier, I can make an alternate .AIW file that will have the cars start at an angle as you've expressed you would prefer.

Yes, please do but I will of course also use the normal grid for the F1 and 1000 km races. (I always set up my tracks with sub folders in the main track folder for different races at the same track).

Quote :

They have to start from the track area and not the pits, or they will start with a pit speed limit.

Ah, that explains why I got it working so well at Sebring but not at Le Mans and Nürburgring as the cars starts OUTSIDE the pit area at Sebring.

AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 Sebrin10
Sebring 12 Hours, 1967

Hopefully the entire car doesn't have to be clear from the Spa pit area to make a competitive start.

Quote :

I can also add in a starting flagman and pit flagmen if anyone wants.

Yes, that would be great since there weren't any start/pit lights at Spa at the time.

Quote :

I also have the cams working very well. There are a couple of aerial cams, so sorry Bonnier, there are some.

No problem, I can live with that. Smile And if the cameras are high enough up in the air, they could be taken for helicopter cams which weren't uncommon at all in the 60s!

I'm a GTR2 user but will definitely check out the GTL update in the meantime, although I won't be able until later this week. Looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
BillBro

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2019, 12:53 am

There will be a GTR2 version once everything is updated. The cams are more of the helicopter variety, the few aerial ones.
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1155

PostSubject: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2019, 9:11 am

Track is coming on great but have noticed on a large grid, mine are 20 cars plus. After the start, the cars slow and bunch up on the hill to L'eau Rouge for no reason it does this every race !!!
Back to top Go down
BillBro

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2019, 9:43 am

Fatguts,

I'll look into it and see what I can do to resolve that problem.

Thanks very much for the feedback.

Best wishes,

BillBro
Back to top Go down
0fflabeluse

Anzahl der Beiträge : 174

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2019, 4:14 pm

Haven't tested yet, looks nice, though. Concerning cameras, I'm a total sucker spectator's and cornerworkers POV cameras Wink
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Jan 2019, 10:13 pm

I've spent several hours today testing BillBro's update and it's a BIG improvement over the default track!

The AI is now much more consistent over a lap although there is indeed a pace slowdown through the right hand turn in Eau Rouge just as Fatguts pointed out. This is not just at the start but it can also be noticed when following an AI car of similar pace during a race.

The AI joining the track after a pitstop is now also greatly improved although I wonder if it would be possible to have an even smoother pit exit line and make them join the racing line a little bit higher up the hill as they are still a bit angular when doing that.

Also great improvement when faster cars are lapping slower cars compared to the original AI.

The new track cameras are great as well although I might for my personal use raise the aerial cams a bit to avoid having the helicopter crashing into a tree top, haha. I also changed the "Copter_cam.wav" sound line in the .cam file to GTR2's "helicopter.wav" but can't get it to play in game. Any ideas why this doesn't work?

Thank you very much BillBro for a great update!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AIW reworking Problem   AIW reworking Problem - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

AIW reworking Problem
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next