Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€[HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
[HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 Vote_lcap[HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 Voting_bar[HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
[HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 Vote_lcap[HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 Voting_bar[HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

HPoz54, johndadon

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

[HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should

Go down 
+5
teddyator
0fflabeluse
alex12
fisheracing
ney.dias
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
teddyator

teddyator

Anzahl der Beiträge : 153

[HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jul 2017, 2:25 pm

no, mine are these:

Instance=FPDRIVER
{
Moveable=True

<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH> MeshFile=M-FPDriver.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(1.00)
}

Instance=EXTDRIVERBODY
{
Moveable=True

<LOW> MeshFile=ExtDriver_A.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(20.0)
<MED> MeshFile=ExtDriver_A.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(20.0)
<HIGH> MeshFile=ExtDriver_A.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(40.0)
<MAX> MeshFile=ExtDriver_A.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(40.0)
}

Instance=EXTDRIVERHEAD
{
Moveable=True

<LOW> MeshFile=DRIVER_HELMET.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(50.0)
<MED> MeshFile=DRIVER_HELMET.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(100.0)
<HIGH> MeshFile=DRIVER_HELMET.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(150.0)
<MAX> MeshFile=DRIVER_HELMET.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(200.0)
}

And as for the rooting:
MASFile=s63_RS01_OBJ.GTL
MASFile=s63_RS01_TEX.GTL
MASFile=s63_RS01_CPIT.GTL
MASFile=s63_RS01_WHEELS.GTL
MASFile=STEX.GTR
MASFile=Talent.GTR
MASFile=Talent.GTL

It all seems to load fine, just something always has a loading error...
As I said, I can drive the car and race against it it "free practise" but when I go to load a race some file always seem to not load, very strange...

I also tried to fix the V8 Supercars, same issue, the trace just says:

setup.cpp 1088: Could not find .HED

I'm able to run races, but only with select cars, which makes no sense unless the issue is in the .car file
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jul 2017, 3:00 pm

ney.dias wrote:
For sure, Teddy, our old Guru, GeeDee, may help you, I hope. He knows everything and more.
Try him in a PM. Good Luck, buddy! Cheers!  cheers Wink GOOD wheelchair

Hey Ney you old son of gun... I actually know very little compared to many other members, it's just that I post on the forum more than others, mainly to say a 'Thank you' for their work.

I will always help if I can or have time to, but if I don't answer a cry for help it's because I do not know the answer. clown
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

Anzahl der Beiträge : 411

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jul 2017, 6:04 pm

Quote :
As I said, I can drive the car and race against it it "free practise" but when I go to load a race some file always seem to not load, very strange...

Some file, not the same file every time?
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jul 2017, 6:10 pm

Soze wrote:
Quote :

Some file, not the same file every time?

That's right, often times it's the EXT_DRIVER_A.GMT, the weirder thing is that I'm partially getting traces with just "setup.cpp 1088: Could not find .HED" x4
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jul 2017, 6:21 pm

How many cars are do you have in that grid?
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jul 2017, 7:46 pm

From 10 to max grid, all tried
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jul 2017, 8:11 pm

Sometimes I get ctds when I'm trying to load too many high poly cars. When I read the -trace I find random errors. If I lower the car count the ctds go away and the -trace is clean, that's why I asked.

I've converted the RS01 myself to see if I got the same errors that you're having. It's just a file renaming + class editing, but it doesn't show errors beyond the gear lever thingy. Take a look:

[HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 GTL_2017-07-13_18-48-21-20

I'm afraid I'm running out of ideas.
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jul 2017, 8:16 pm

I found a even weirder thing, this all started happening when I moved these mods from my personal database, on my old pc's it's completely ok... there I can load all 36 high poly cars, with major lags and framedrops though
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1112

PostSubject: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Jul 2017, 9:14 am

In your statement above you say everything worked fine on your old pc so all the cars and mods work fine, so you know the car files and mods files are all ok and working correctly.

So something has happened to your new install or when you copied over your old files something has corrupted or missing in the process.

Are you using a DVD to install GTL on your new system or is it the steam version IS IT THE SAME ONE AS THE ONE ON YOUR OLD PC !

When you say your PERSONNEL DATABASE what do you mean ! did you copy over the GameData folder in its entirety or did you piecemeal install mods and cars individually.
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Jul 2017, 3:36 pm

The version I use is the Steam version, when I say personal database I mean a portable 2TB HDD and I copied the locations, teams, sounds and talent folders seperately, though in their entirity (somewhere there is the issue).
I'll try converting the EEC GT3 mod again and "reinstall it"
Back to top Go down
Soze
Premium Member
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Jul 2017, 6:07 pm

I agree with fatguts, something must have gone awry during the copy process. Converting from GTR2 is simple and easy, it is rare to have problems with it.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jul 2017, 3:28 pm

Do you have the same game settings on both of your machines?
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jul 2017, 4:25 pm

GeeDee wrote:
Do you have the same game settings on both of your machines?
Yes, both on max settings, that's not the issue then.

It could be that the new one is running on Windows 10, while the other is running on Windows 7, hence I have to run the game on Win7 Compatibility mode now.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jul 2017, 9:05 pm

It's hard to say what the problem is then... so perhaps a new install of the game is needed?
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jul 2017, 9:45 pm

Could be, I think it's just that some files have got corrupted as the teams folder alone has over 10GB, as I said, I'll convert the mod again and try if that works, seems to just be the base mod having the issues...
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2017, 2:58 pm

10GB of giles in your Team folder won't be the problem as cars only load as they are needed for any Race etc. They could be a problem if one or more have issues though.

Have you tried only the mod that you cannot get to work in the team folder? Easiest way to do it is to create a folder inside the game folder and call it something like 'Cars Tried' then simply drag and drop all of the unwanted cars into that folder leaving the mod you want to try out. Doing it this way is quick and easy as it doesn't take long to do with them all being on the same drive.

See how that goes and let us know. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2017, 3:50 pm

I did a custom SIM_GTC file with own car classes, it's just those cars. The same with some other classes, most work fine though.
When I said that about the 10GB folder, I meant that something could've gotten corrupted while copying the files over.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2017, 9:10 pm

Hmmm... for GTL the car classes in the .CAR file have to basically be as:

Classes="SIM_FULL, SIM_GTC76"

or

Classes="SIM_FULL, SIM_GTC65|"

or

Classes="SIM_FULL, SIM_TC65"

You can add other things to these for championships but if you don't have the basic classes in your car file then the car(s) will not show.

Could that be your problem?
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2017, 9:38 pm

No, all my cars have a line of: "SIM_FULL,SIM_GTC,SIM_GT3" (as I said, created my own classes, never had any issues there (my SIM_GTC file has many different car classes, so many in fact that I've deleted the "special classes" to make room for more and yet I can't use them all at once because of GTL's class limit, that when you cross it cars from top class entry in the "SIM_GTC" file start being loded in as well, that's why that file is a total mess)
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2017, 2:55 am

I just drive practice mode most times as I hate the AI cars causing stupid problems and also with age I'm getting slower too so just keeping the 3 classes in very basic form is fine for me.

Perhaps you should try the car mod that you have problems with in basic class for too to see if that is the problem or not.
Back to top Go down
chrisracer14

chrisracer14

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2017, 3:40 am

Don't mean to but in, but have you checked the GTL_Stex.GTL and GTL_TALENT.GTL files are there and vica versa GTR Stex and Talent files. I have had similar issues in the past and found these files to be the culprits.
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2017, 7:44 am

The GTR files I have checked, the others i didn't. Maybe one of them got corrupt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should   [HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[HELP ME] Cars don't load even if they should
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2