Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Problems with Photobucket... Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Problems with Photobucket... Vote_lcapProblems with Photobucket... Voting_barProblems with Photobucket... Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Problems with Photobucket... Vote_lcapProblems with Photobucket... Voting_barProblems with Photobucket... Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests

drionita

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Problems with Photobucket...

Go down 
+5
rickoshea
joeschmoe
jeannomiller
0fflabeluse
Zee
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Zee

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 917

Problems with Photobucket... Empty
PostSubject: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017, 12:24 pm

Hi guys,

I'm having problems with Photobucket. I received an email from them today saying that my account doesn't support 3rd party hosting (i thought that was the whole point of Photobucket?) and that i need to upgrade to a Plus 500 Plan. This will apparently restore my posted images (yes, they've removed them  Evil or Very Mad ) and make Photobucket ad free.

Now if it was a quid or 2 per month i wouldn't really mind but if you click the link on the email they want $399.99 each year! Shocked  Yeah, right... Rolling Eyes

Anyone encountered this? Is it a scam or are Photobucket holding people to ransom? Any ideas what to do next? scratch  I don't want all my pix to vanish from my posts but there's no way i'm paying that... No
Back to top Go down
0fflabeluse

Anzahl der Beiträge : 174

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017, 3:32 pm

Doesn't seem unlikely, as photobucket used some rather tight bandwidth limits for 3rd party hosting of pictures in the past, and if you browed some rather busy forums and were missing a couple of pictures, you could bet they hosted on PB. There's an entry in the FAQ, saying that 3rd party hosting is disabled.

Personally I'd vote with my feet and use another provider for hosting pictures. They are numerous and offering the same or more for less. Optionally you can go even as far as deleting your account to make your point clear, but that's more a personal thing. Downside is that either a lot of your pictures will no longer available, or you're in for a lot of thread editing to restore the content, if that is possible at all (and if you've been using their services for a long time and you're hosting all over the net, it'll be a hefty amount of work...)
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3456

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017, 3:36 pm

Did you click that link? I hope not

If you did and if you're using windows I would recommend to look for viruses etc.

No idea as I use Linux but there are so many attacks at the moment ...

Just a recommendation.

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017, 8:07 pm

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1943046&postcount=127

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2135

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017, 9:38 pm

Bummer, so long Photobucket!
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017, 10:05 pm

So it looks like Photobucket are wanting my hard earned cash after all Crying or Very sad
Has anyone used any alternative sites for posting images that they can recommend? scratch
Back to top Go down
rickoshea

rickoshea

Anzahl der Beiträge : 548
Ort : Overlooking the thames & F***ing miles away from Ney's Home!!

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptySat 01 Jul 2017, 7:09 am

I have used servimg.com since the beginning of time.
My pics have never been removed/deleted & they have always been free
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptySat 01 Jul 2017, 8:44 am

rickoshea wrote:
I have used servimg.com since the beginning of time.
My pics have never been removed/deleted & they have always been free

Cheers Rick, i'll give it a try cheers

Edit: Works a treat, cheers mate! GOOD
Back to top Go down
Nuppiz

Nuppiz

Anzahl der Beiträge : 23

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptySat 01 Jul 2017, 11:30 am

Imgur and Tinypic are good alternatives as well.
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptySat 01 Jul 2017, 11:48 am

Nuppiz wrote:
Imgur and Tinypic are good alternatives as well.

Thanks Nuppiz, I'll keep those in mind just in case lol!
Back to top Go down
0fflabeluse

Anzahl der Beiträge : 174

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptySat 01 Jul 2017, 7:00 pm

ImageShack isn't completely free, IIRC, but reasonable. Currently, I'm satisfied with PicLoad
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptySat 01 Jul 2017, 8:40 pm

I simply use the function on the bar above where you write your posts (Host An Image). Simple to use and no charge. You can drag and drop your pictures or point it to where the picture is on your hard drive. Really easy and probably saves time to.
Back to top Go down
Pete Conway

Pete Conway

Anzahl der Beiträge : 172

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptySat 01 Jul 2017, 10:10 pm

Problems with Photobucket... Plasti11

Just trying one GeeDee... it looks easy enough, but with me anything can go wrong! anyway if I uploaded correctly it's John 'Plastic' Pearson Modsports XK120

Yea!
I've never likes having to set up an account with a third party to host an image for me to upload...
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptySat 01 Jul 2017, 11:28 pm

GeeDee wrote:
I simply use the function on the bar above where you write your posts (Host An Image). Simple to use and no charge. You can drag and drop your pictures or point it to where the picture is on your hard drive. Really easy and probably saves time to.

I didn't even know you could do that! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
freeracer

freeracer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 696

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptySun 02 Jul 2017, 4:17 am

""fotobucet""
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptySun 02 Jul 2017, 10:34 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photobucket

As of June 30, 2017, Photobucket now requires $399 a year to allow linking of images to 3rd parties such as a forum. This change in policy happened with no warning.

So - at least - no virus - but this deal for sure will kill photobucket.

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2135

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... EmptySun 02 Jul 2017, 5:08 pm

Yeah, I'm going to spend $399 a year to host 36MB worth of sim piccies, d/l'ed my "bucket" this morning....... This probably will kill them.........Sounds like the wrong person got promoted........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Photobucket...   Problems with Photobucket... Empty

Back to top Go down

Problems with Photobucket...
Page 1 of 1