Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Pulling Material Files from gmt files Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Pulling Material Files from gmt files Vote_lcapPulling Material Files from gmt files Voting_barPulling Material Files from gmt files Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Pulling Material Files from gmt files Vote_lcapPulling Material Files from gmt files Voting_barPulling Material Files from gmt files Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

IanDury

Most users ever online was 331 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:25 pm

Pulling Material Files from gmt files

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2074

Pulling Material Files from gmt files Empty
PostSubject: Pulling Material Files from gmt files   Pulling Material Files from gmt files EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 5:49 am

Good Morning All,
Could you tell me what I need to pull material files from GMT files?, I think I'm missing a utility or process, Thank You
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Pulling Material Files from gmt files   Pulling Material Files from gmt files EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 9:18 am

The files mentioned in the GMT files are usually stored in the .GTR or .GTL GEditor folders.

To get the files out of them is easy. The TEX.GTR or TEX.GTL files are easy as these should all be .DDS files so you can choose the files to copy and then point to where you want to save them.

The OBJ.GTR or OBJ.GTL need fishing out but that is easy. The best way to do it is to create a tiny .DDS file of nothing but pixel size of say 8x8 and call it 'BLANK', then save that to the OBJ.GTR or GTL file and now you will be able to extract what you want from them anytime... you must save that OBJ file again though with the the new file to be able to do that. cheers
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

PostSubject: Re: Pulling Material Files from gmt files   Pulling Material Files from gmt files EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 10:35 am

Thank You GeeDee, but I should have explained it better, I'm having trouble getting a WC_TEAM_WINDOWS_PL_A8 file extracted, all the other stuff I'm able to get......
Back to top Go down
rickoshea

rickoshea

Anzahl der Beiträge : 548
Ort : Overlooking the thames & F***ing miles away from Ney's Home!!

PostSubject: Re: Pulling Material Files from gmt files   Pulling Material Files from gmt files EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 7:58 pm

WC_TEAM_XXX files are normally part of "car_name_body.gmt" or "car_name_windows.gmt" they contain a collection of DDS textures like "car_name_windows.dds, emap_glass.dds & reflect.dds" so Geditor should do the job of extracting those, but if they are encrypted rfactor or race07\GTR Evo files you will need a program called WTCCED to decrypt them.
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

PostSubject: Re: Pulling Material Files from gmt files   Pulling Material Files from gmt files EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 1:29 am

Thanks rickoshea! looks like I was looking in the wrong places(files), I was looking at "stock" files due to bad internet research on my part:lol: I've got a feeling the "car_name_body.gmt" file might have what I'm looking for.....Thanks Again!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pulling Material Files from gmt files   Pulling Material Files from gmt files Empty

Back to top Go down

Pulling Material Files from gmt files
Page 1 of 1