Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Where all these texture files go? Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Where all these texture files go? Vote_lcapWhere all these texture files go? Voting_barWhere all these texture files go? Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Where all these texture files go? Vote_lcapWhere all these texture files go? Voting_barWhere all these texture files go? Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Where all these texture files go?

Go down 
+2
ville33
zoobear
6 posters
AuthorMessage
zoobear

Anzahl der Beiträge : 60

Where all these texture files go? Empty
PostSubject: Where all these texture files go?   Where all these texture files go? EmptySun 27 Apr 2014, 5:44 pm

I downloaded texture update for Limerock track and don't know where I should place it - in main 'Limerock' folder or in one of two actual track folders 'LR_chicane' or 'LR_normal' ?
Back to top Go down
ville33

ville33

Anzahl der Beiträge : 218

PostSubject: Re: Where all these texture files go?   Where all these texture files go? EmptySun 27 Apr 2014, 5:46 pm

in limerock main folder and overwrite
Back to top Go down
zoobear

PostSubject: Re: Where all these texture files go?   Where all these texture files go? EmptySun 27 Apr 2014, 5:52 pm

Thank you very much for your quick reply ville33. Actually, I overlooked the 'readme.txt' file included with that update where it clearly says exactly what you've just written:)
Back to top Go down
ville33

ville33

Anzahl der Beiträge : 218

PostSubject: Re: Where all these texture files go?   Where all these texture files go? EmptySun 27 Apr 2014, 6:16 pm

your welcome
Back to top Go down
zoobear

PostSubject: Re: Where all these texture files go?   Where all these texture files go? EmptySun 27 Apr 2014, 7:17 pm

This track looks really nice with those updated textures but I noticed strange issue. Only 8 cars out of 16 is active during practice/qualifying session - 8 cars never go out of pits. Anyone has similar problem maybe?
Back to top Go down
MOF

MOF

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1975

PostSubject: Re: Where all these texture files go?   Where all these texture files go? EmptySun 27 Apr 2014, 7:26 pm

Often-times, cars with too little torque (I think...???; correct me if I'm wrong, gang) can't make it out of the garage to participate in practice. They're fine in a race, as the sim sets the race grid...
Back to top Go down
zoobear

PostSubject: Re: Where all these texture files go?   Where all these texture files go? EmptySun 27 Apr 2014, 8:53 pm

To be honest I have this situation for the first time... never had similar problem with other tracks (in rF or GTR2 either). But it must be somehow related to track files - not just cars. So is there some way to fix this?
Back to top Go down
MOF

MOF

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1975

PostSubject: Re: Where all these texture files go?   Where all these texture files go? EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014, 2:07 am

A link discussing the AI and not being able to leave the pits:
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320586&highlight=torque

It's short and to the point; not much discussion...
Back to top Go down
zoobear

PostSubject: Re: Where all these texture files go?   Where all these texture files go? EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014, 11:48 am

Thank you very much MOF for that link. I checked *.eng file of Opel GT (one of cars that can't get going on Lime Rock Park) and here's its *.eng file:

Code:
// Engine data generated by PhysicsEditor
RPMTorque=( 0.0, -35.0, -28.5)
RPMTorque=( 250.0, -20.0, -8.6)
RPMTorque=( 500.0, -9.6, 47.6)

The 3rd value is already greater than second but still this car is struggling to move out of pits. So maybe it's not that simple?
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Where all these texture files go?   Where all these texture files go? EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014, 12:09 am

Is your car sinking into the ground a bit in the pits?? If so, then it's probably a problem with your SpecilalFX file in the Locations folder. It may need to be updated for the track.

Another problem could be a slipping clutch if you have altered any of it's data.

If it just won't move it could be an engine or gearbox that is named differently in the .HDC file to the one you have in the main folder of the mod.
 Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
rickoshea

rickoshea

Anzahl der Beiträge : 548
Ort : Overlooking the thames & F***ing miles away from Ney's Home!!

PostSubject: Re: Where all these texture files go?   Where all these texture files go? EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014, 6:56 am

The Limerock track has a few problems, 1 of them being all the garage spots are on grass making it difficult for cars with tork issues to leave their positions  Rolling Eyes 
There is an issue with the pitlights too & also pitting in faults sometimes occur  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2380

PostSubject: Re: Where all these texture files go?   Where all these texture files go? EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014, 4:02 pm

Very Happy bounce Basketball Hi Rick! It's always a great pleasure to see you here with us.
I'd like that happens more frequently!
Be good, my dear friend and kiss your daughters for me, the old brasilian uncle! And please, be back soon!
Cheers!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
zoobear

PostSubject: Re: Where all these texture files go?   Where all these texture files go? EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014, 6:59 pm

Thank you guys for all your response. As rickoshea mentioned, Lime Rock Park is specific because of this grass in the pits but I still don't understand what is this 'torque issue'? BTW, I tried to copy torque values (first line only) from car that is OK, and it still won't work on Opel GT:/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where all these texture files go?   Where all these texture files go? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where all these texture files go?
Page 1 of 1