Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Sky & Skyboxi problem Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Sky & Skyboxi problem Vote_lcapSky & Skyboxi problem Voting_barSky & Skyboxi problem Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Sky & Skyboxi problem Vote_lcapSky & Skyboxi problem Voting_barSky & Skyboxi problem Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Sky & Skyboxi problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thelandcruzer

thelandcruzer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 40

Sky & Skyboxi problem Empty
PostSubject: Sky & Skyboxi problem   Sky & Skyboxi problem EmptySat 31 Dec 2016, 12:58 pm

I am trying to convert Baltimore from rfactor to GTR2 for private use (for now)
I get CTD and the sky & skyboxi will not show up in 3Dsim. ( I think that's the problem.)
Tried converting the two files (sky.gmt & skyboxi.gmt) to gtr format and have also tried to use a skyboxi lines from another track to no avail.

I would like to get this converted test it then see if I could get the ok to release it. (If I think It's worth It!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ( I know a lot of people would like to have this track.)
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Sky & Skyboxi problem   Sky & Skyboxi problem EmptySat 31 Dec 2016, 3:33 pm

I know very little about converting rFactor to GTR2 but I do know you have to rename a lot of materials in order to get them to work.
Back to top Go down
thelandcruzer

thelandcruzer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 40

PostSubject: Re: Sky & Skyboxi problem   Sky & Skyboxi problem EmptySun 01 Jan 2017, 8:42 am

Thanks GeeDee.
I have followed RacerM's tutorial.
So I have renamed & repacked the files.
I was just thinking today that I might need to convert some more of the gmt's to gtr2 format.
I still don't know why the sky & skyboxi will not show up in 3dSim program????? scratch  scratch
Even with a skyboxi from another working track.
Another problem may be with the textures format?
That would be a BIG problem, I don't have a DDS paint program. (and might not get one any time soon.)
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Sky & Skyboxi problem   Sky & Skyboxi problem EmptySun 01 Jan 2017, 9:18 pm

You can get Paint.net free and loads of plugins and tools for it from their website You will be able to load and save DDS files.

http://www.getpaint.net/download.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sky & Skyboxi problem   Sky & Skyboxi problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Sky & Skyboxi problem
Page 1 of 1