Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€[HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
[HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly Vote_lcap[HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly Voting_bar[HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
[HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly Vote_lcap[HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly Voting_bar[HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

jodelmor

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

[HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
teddyator

teddyator

Anzahl der Beiträge : 153

[HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly Empty
PostSubject: [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly   [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016, 7:15 pm

Hi guys, I've come around a problem recently. I've stuck some crazy powerful engines into small, old cars and yes, I was bored Very Happy  Anyway, the cars do work perfectly fine, except for the engine, that bangs into the rev limiter instantly after accelerating. (I drive with automatic and keyboard) Could someone tell me why this happens? Sad
Back to top Go down
babis_xo

babis_xo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 537

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly   [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016, 7:30 pm

The obvious reason is a powerful engine in a lightweight car Laughing
- in *.eng file, try to increase the "EngineInertia" value (this usually does the trick) and reduce the "IdleRPMLogic" one
- use Tom's Engine Shop to reduce hp/torque at low/med revs
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly   [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016, 7:50 pm

Thanks a lot! Will try tommorow. Finally my 917K-engined VW Beetle should be running properly!
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly   [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016, 10:06 pm

It probably needs a better gear box. If the gears are to short the car will hit the rev limiter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2074

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly   [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016, 11:13 pm

....slipping clutch?..........running out of gear sounds more reasonable......
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly   [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly EmptyTue 22 Nov 2016, 5:01 am

GeeDee wrote:
It probably needs a better gear box. If the gears are to short the car will hit the rev limiter Very Happy

I've used the gearbox from the same car that I took the engine from
Back to top Go down
babis_xo

babis_xo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 537

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly   [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly EmptyTue 22 Nov 2016, 2:14 pm

teddyator wrote:
GeeDee wrote:

I've used the gearbox from the same car that I took the engine from
GD is right, if the car is waay too lighter then you may have to use longer gears /final ratio Smile

joeschmoe wrote:
...slipping clutch?..........running out of gear sounds more reasonable....
Is this adjusted by Clutch torque /engage rate? scratch
Back to top Go down
0fflabeluse

Anzahl der Beiträge : 174

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly   [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly EmptyTue 22 Nov 2016, 4:09 pm

As he mentioned he already changed the gearbox to the one from the donator car, its clutch torque. Often overseen in such swaps. A clutch designed for a 1000cc car will shortly cry for help if some 427 Detroit iron is engaged, before it dies in a cloud of smoke Wink Safest bet is to copy the whole [Driveline]-section to the new car.
Engage rate usually doesn't differ much over most cars.
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly   [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly EmptyThu 08 Dec 2016, 6:28 pm

0fflabeluse wrote:
As he mentioned he already changed the gearbox to the one from the donator car, its clutch torque. Often overseen in such swaps. A clutch designed for a 1000cc car will shortly cry for help if some 427 Detroit iron is engaged, before it dies in a cloud of smoke Wink Safest bet is to copy the whole [Driveline]-section to the new car.
Engage rate usually doesn't differ much over most cars.
Thanks Thx m8, finally they're working! My Escudo-engined Mini is racing my
R26B-engined Mini and the before mentioned 917-Beetle    thumbup thumbup Thanks
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly   [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly EmptyThu 08 Dec 2016, 7:25 pm

Film at 11?
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly   [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly EmptyThu 08 Dec 2016, 8:49 pm

joeschmoe wrote:
Film at 11?
Watcha mean? confused
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly   [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly EmptyThu 08 Dec 2016, 11:10 pm

Would be fun to see a video of these monsters............, they MUST be fast as hell!!!

forgot to mention, "Film at 11" is what news commercials would tell you all day and night to keep you watching their channel/sponsors...........
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly   [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly EmptyFri 09 Dec 2016, 7:32 am

Sadly as far as videos go, I really can't do much the, but I can try my best to upload them and share the fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly   [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly EmptyFri 09 Dec 2016, 7:36 am

Also, screenshots coming soon!
Back to top Go down
teddyator

teddyator

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly   [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly EmptyFri 09 Dec 2016, 8:53 pm

Here are the screenshots!! Very Happy
From top to bottom:
VW Beetle with a Porsche 917K engine @ AVUS 1967
Austin Mini with Suzuki Escudo engine @ Lydden Plain Rallycross
Austin Mini NoTop with R26B (Mazda 787B) engine @ Bathurst
[HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly Beetle10
[HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly Minies10
[HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly Minir210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly   [HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly Empty

Back to top Go down

[HELP] Cars go into Rev limiter instantly
Page 1 of 1