Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€My Problem With The Camera Views Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
My Problem With The Camera Views Vote_lcapMy Problem With The Camera Views Voting_barMy Problem With The Camera Views Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
My Problem With The Camera Views Vote_lcapMy Problem With The Camera Views Voting_barMy Problem With The Camera Views Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

geen69

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

My Problem With The Camera Views

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jd121449

Anzahl der Beiträge : 522
Ort : Pittsburgh PA back then. Tarpon Springs Florida later. Cocoa Beach Florida now. Not far from Daytona and Sebring.

My Problem With The Camera Views Empty
PostSubject: My Problem With The Camera Views   My Problem With The Camera Views EmptySun 17 Jul 2016, 4:08 pm

Well I found something out this morning. I have had GTL since it's release. I also owned the game on Steam but never installed it. I was trying to figure out why my camera views seemed so screwed up. Here is the comparison of my install from ages ago and the Steam version that I installed this morning. View is from cockpit all the way back and all of the way down and bonnett view.

My Problem With The Camera Views 111

My Problem With The Camera Views 211

Top pic is from my install and bottom is from Steam. Same car , a jag MKII

My Problem With The Camera Views 311

My Problem With The Camera Views 411

Quite a difference. So what I did was copy the Steam install directory to my D:drive and the problem has been resolved. I  tried just replacing the camera files and all other files except tracks and cars but to no avail. Now I am working to add back the content of about 10 years of updates. So bottom line is the Aston Cockpit that I released probably looks really screwed up to most GTL users. I will fix it when I can. Below are comparison pics of that mod. Top 2 are from my original and the bottom 2 are from the new copy of steam.
My Problem With The Camera Views 511

My Problem With The Camera Views 710

My Problem With The Camera Views 611

My Problem With The Camera Views 810

Go figure. I have no idea why the view got so screwed up. I was wondering why a lot of the GTL mods looked wierd on my machine, now I know. affraid
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2361

PostSubject: Re: My Problem With The Camera Views   My Problem With The Camera Views EmptySun 17 Jul 2016, 5:11 pm

But, you may remember, that you can move the image back and forward, using your mouse, puting it in whichever place is better for you!
Back to top Go down
jd121449

Ort : Pittsburgh PA back then. Tarpon Springs Florida later. Cocoa Beach Florida now. Not far from Daytona and Sebring.

PostSubject: Re: My Problem With The Camera Views   My Problem With The Camera Views EmptySun 17 Jul 2016, 5:23 pm

Yes but these were pic taken with the exact same FOV. Both bonnett and cockpit.
Back to top Go down
rickoshea

rickoshea

Anzahl der Beiträge : 548
Ort : Overlooking the thames & F***ing miles away from Ney's Home!!

PostSubject: Re: My Problem With The Camera Views   My Problem With The Camera Views EmptyMon 18 Jul 2016, 7:31 am

You can do a temporary fix JD by holding the left Ctrl key & lmb whilst moving mouse forward or back.
But this seems to affect the original .cam file so make a backup first.
Back to top Go down
jd121449

PostSubject: Re: My Problem With The Camera Views   My Problem With The Camera Views EmptyMon 18 Jul 2016, 2:11 pm

Thanks Rick. I tested my old install and yes, by holding the CTRL key and moving the mouse I was able to move the cockpit view back to the original positions. I am not sure what this overrides but it must not be the original cam file. I had replaced it with the original file and the views were still mixed up. Bottom line is the Aston cockpit I released can be adjusted way to much with the settings in the car file. I really have not used GTL all that much over the years so this was good info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Problem With The Camera Views   My Problem With The Camera Views Empty

Back to top Go down

My Problem With The Camera Views
Page 1 of 1