Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 Vote_lcapCan-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 Voting_barCan-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 Vote_lcapCan-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 Voting_barCan-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests

drionita

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.

Go down 
+9
hmmguy
GeeDee
JacnGille
Sparviero
gpo
nikbear
zoobear
chrisracer14
joeschmoe
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
chrisracer14

chrisracer14

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 12:22 am

hmmguy,

I can only tell you what my own temps run. On a hot day (95 degrees F) during a race or qualifying, the water temps run around 195 - 200. Oil temps tend to run just a bit higher, around 210. As soon as I come off the track and slow down the water temp will quickly jump to about 220 if there is not enough air flow through the radiators. The oil stays the same whether I'm moving quickly or slowly. Sometimes during the early season when the air temps are cool, the car will only come up to about 160 or so and the oil will eventually get to about the same but it will take the whole session for the oil to get to temp. During these cool times I will run the car for ten or fifteen minutes in the paddock just to get the oil temps up. Running hard with cold oil can have ill effects on the mechanical bits.

An issue the big bangers always had was trying to keep them cool. With the big lumps in the back there was little room left for cooling devises. An those 800+ engines ran very warm indeed. By 1972 when McLaren bowed out of the series, they had the largest Chevy block available and it supposedly was capable (at least for a few laps) of delivering 980hp. Still 200hp short of the Panzer Porsche in qualifying trim.
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 790

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 10:41 am

thanks for that bit of info cr14 as it's been a question for me for a while now. I just needed one person to tell me as I realized there could be minor variations. Going forward, I'll aim to get them to a 10+degree difference Smile 
Back to top Go down
zoobear

Anzahl der Beiträge : 60

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 10:56 am

hmmguy wrote:
I have another question I'm hoping to resolve and it is in regard to the Edmonton track the Can-Ams used to run there. Is it the same as the airport one we have in GTR2? If it's not, does the proper track exist in GTR2?

These are two different tracks, and the Edmonton for Can-Am does not exist for GTL/GTR2 - only GPL (original) and rFactor (converted).
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 3:33 pm

zoobear wrote:
hmmguy wrote:
I have another question I'm hoping to resolve and it is in regard to the Edmonton track the Can-Ams used to run there. Is it the same as the airport one we have in GTR2? If it's not, does the proper track exist in GTR2?

These are two different tracks, and the Edmonton for Can-Am  does not exist for GTL/GTR2 - only GPL (original) and rFactor (converted).

Thanks so much for answering this Very Happy What is it called in Arfactor?
Back to top Go down
zoobear

Anzahl der Beiträge : 60

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 3:38 pm

hmmguy wrote:
[What is it called in Arfactor?
Edmonton67 - GPL track converted to rF by Bud Lucas.
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 3:46 pm

zoobear wrote:
hmmguy wrote:
[What is it called in Arfactor?
Edmonton67 - GPL track converted to rF by Bud Lucas.

Thank-you very much! bounce Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 4:10 pm

I have a bit of an update of sorts. I needed a break from the big block cars as they're so darn intense to drive and switched to the 60s cars for a change. As they sit currently, I have all 15 individually different cars qualifying within .6 seconds per lap on Bridgehampton 67 bounce While I realize they are still too fast for their lap times at mid to high 1:15s, they are close enough that you can take any one of them and probably win...depending on your difficulty setting of course. I'm tuning the cars with the difficulty set to 100%. One thing I've tried to accomplish is that the cars are qualifying in the proper order more of less. What I mean is the McLaren M8B is always in the top 5 and the Chaparral 2A is in the bottom 5 and so on but still within less than 1 second of each other Cool I couldn't see the point of having the 2A running 4 or 5 seconds a lap slower than the M8B and such as then there'd be no point to even bothering to try with it Rolling Eyes No Sleep lol!
Back to top Go down
chrisracer14

chrisracer14

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 9:13 pm

hmmguy,

the latest version of the BRM feels good. I'm now running laps in the 1:15's at Mosport. Still a little faster than they did but the handling feels much better. I think what would make the cars a bit better and slow them a bit more would be to reduce the braking just a bit. The BRM stops pretty quickly. Remember these cars also had older brakes. Right now the car feels much more like a modern braking system in how quick it slows down and how straight I can keep it under heavy braking.

Other than that, I think your right there.

Nice job!
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 10:02 pm

thanks cr14! Yes, I still have some fine tuning...especially now that I made them heavier. I've noticed some cars not being able to lock the tires up even turning now! It was with the M20 when I used it to make the burnout patches. It took forever to stop the darn thing lol! To be honest cr14, it may be better to just reduce the braking capacity in the garage if you're finding them too strong. The other thing I could do is to make the default for the brakes less as well for the ai to use. It's like what was said before...don't recall if it was you or joeschmoe that commented about pleasing everyone hehe I did say that I was to a degree, aiming for what it'd be like if they had todays rubber and adjustments. I don't mean go so far as to have multiple brake disc choices and wing adjustments although now that I think about it...hmm. Nah, then I'd have to set that up as well and I'll never get through everything before the Le Mans Part 2 comes my way hehe That reminds me, did you notice how the engine heat is working now? I believe it needs adjusted to get the proper ratio you mentioned before but otherwise it should be needing attention depending on which track by now I would think. Maybe not though as I haven't run the cars anywhere but Bridgehampton so far to know if they do lol!
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptySun 11 May 2014, 9:28 am

I think it might be well overdue to move this thread to the GTR2 WIP section lol! 

I made a video that shows the majority of the 60s cars running around Road America for a bit for anyone interested Smile

edit...I made another video but this time, with the shadows turned ON Embarassed lol!

Last edited by hmmguy on Mon 12 May 2014, 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptySun 11 May 2014, 2:50 pm

Looking good Phil m8, but shadows underneath the cars would make them look more realistic. I know that it's not your designated job in the team to do them but I hope one of them will do it.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 May 2014, 12:20 am

Sleep drunken scratch Shocked I guess it would have helped if I turned the shadows on! lol! 
New video 2 posts up

Last edited by hmmguy on Mon 12 May 2014, 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2135

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 May 2014, 2:21 am

Looks good!, what a great class............
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 May 2014, 2:52 am

since I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that I have to say realism be damned at this point Rolling Eyes I've been able to get the 70s cars down (up??) to qualifying in the low 1:15s at this point and I don't see how without throwing hundreds of pounds at them or giving them a lot less grip that I can get them any slower and still be fun to drive. One thing that was more to the point with this mod in the first place was to just have the cars and the 60s competitive to each other and the same for the 70s. If I had have gone for the cars to run the way they really did, there would be huge gaps between a number of them. What I did was to even of the odds for the slower cars to at least have a chance at winning. Before I knew it, I had almost by fluke/accident, gotten them all with an outside chance to win, even when mixed with all of them...well, except for the stupid Porsches that had to go and ruin every bodies fun that is! Mad Razz Once I realized that, I began working on getting them to finish reliably in that the Shadow with it's 800hp will always qualify top 5 as well as the Chaparral 2J along with the M20 probably in there too but never will a 60s car qualify better than 10th and so on. I feel like a sculptor lol! I figure the fact that most of the cars are very different from each other and yet run the same times was kinda cool actually Cool At this point, I'm pretty sure that anyone really adept with driving these cars will probably be able to win with the 2A 2spd against the whole lot once in a while but who knows, maybe I just suck at driving and they're actually easy to win with lol!

About that darn Porsche 917 30 set to run with the 1500hp. I got to thinking, what would happen if I lets say, oh, I dunno, threw a 956, a 962C and a C11 with the same tires on and with the gearing set right for Bridgehampton, how would they fair against the mythical beast? I know it's not mythical but I was going for effect hehe Well, then I happened to notice a much newer beast kicking around so I set the gearing and gave it the same tires too. That one was the Koenigsegg Agera GTR.

It quickly turned in to the 962C out front with the C11 right behind it and then the Agera GTR and 917 30 had a little set to with each other and it was like the old guy showing the young punk how it's done. They're on Bridgehampton and it's about the 2nd lap. Just so it's clear, the Agera GTR is not to be confused as to it being included in the mod.

Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 May 2014, 3:32 am

GeeDee wrote:
Looking good Phil m8, but shadows underneath the cars would make them look more realistic. I know that it's not your designated job in the team to do them but I hope one of them will do it.  cheers 

I'm so glad this was pointed out again as it hadn't dawned on me till you said it and it was now the 2nd time I'd heard that mentioned. In order to facilitate running lots of cars, I turned a lot of things down or even off in the graphics settings. It was fun seeing it with most but not all of the settings on max. The only thing still off in the new video was the reflection effects. My poor old lap top struggles at times so I have to lose some eye candy for better fps Sad I'm hoping to get a few more months out of it before I jump in for a new rig.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 May 2014, 3:08 pm

So that explains the lack of shadows Phil!!

I thought you would have had a new rig by now, so what's been stopping you going and getting one... all the work on these mods perhaps  affraid clown 
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 May 2014, 12:14 am

GeeDee wrote:
So that explains the lack of shadows Phil!!

I thought you would have had a new rig by now, so what's been stopping you going and getting one... all the work on these mods perhaps  affraid clown 

Yes, me too originally. Ran in to a few problems that took my attention away costing me a few unexpected $$ and lack of time with the mod work hasn't made it any easier either. Not that I'm complaining though as it's been a long time since I was busy with anything lol! 
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptySun 18 May 2014, 7:20 am

Hey folks, here's a couple of new videos of a lap I had at Bridgehampton a few days back. I was racing against a T70 Chevy powered car (darker blue) while in another T70 Ford powered car (lighter blue).

and my thank-you at the end lol! 

Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptySun 01 Jun 2014, 6:56 am

Hey folks, it's been a while since I posted anything new regarding my re-do of this mod. First thing that is obviously new is the location of this thread from it's original location...thanks Jeannomiller for that Very Happy 

Next, the thread title has been changed to a more applicable title that gives a hint of what it's about now lol! 

Next, I have some screen pics of how the cars will appear in game at the menu and on the leaderboard in a race.

Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 Gtr2_210
Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 Gtr2_211
Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 Gtr2_212
Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 Gtr2_213
Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 Gtr2_214
Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 Gtr2_215

Initially, I had to add the engine specs as I was getting too confused and frustrated mixing them up and then adjusting the wrong files Shocked affraid Mad  After doing a few of them, it occurred to me that to a gearhead/car nut simmer like myself...and especially to the older set like myself, engine displacement for fast cars is...I dunno, almost sexy I guess bounce lol! Plus it makes it super easy to know which car you want. The other thing you can see in the pics is that there are now 39 individually different cars in the mod and more if you count the cars that have multiple teams.

I got to thinking about something I had said earlier regarding how close they all were. I decided to widen the margin a bit more so that now the cars are qualifying with all of the biggest engined cars at the top...well, actually the 2 917 30s are usually 1-2 and then followed by the rest. Anyway, the fastest of the 60s cars are managing as high as qualifying around 15th to 20th out of 39 and the slowest 70s car no further down than 30th. Overall, there is now (excluding the 2 917 30s) about a 2.5 to 4 second gap depending on the track. Not so feasible to be able to win with a 60s car anymore without luck being heavily in your favour.

Originally, I had intended to set the default for the cars using Bridgehampton 1967 but due to it's 23 car limit, it wasn't very practical as I couldn't get them all out at the same time. I have 2 tracks that the cars work very well with the same settings on that can host all 39 at the same time. They are ALMS Road America that can host 102 cars and the Stardust track that can host 42 cars. There are a few other tracks they raced on that these gearing settings also work well with but can't host enough cars. My favourite of them being Road Atlanta 1970. Sadly, it can only host 21 or 23 cars I think it is Sad If anyone would like to improve it to be able to host the full 39, that'd be hugely appreciated bounce sunny  

Something else I've added in to play with the cars is that you will now need to be considering the engine and brake heating management as both now have working ducts. The other adjustment I decided to make available is the ability to set the castor at the front and all the adjustments have better fine tuning options across the board...err, rather, the garage drunken Laughing One thing I didn't change though was the delay of the gear selection so it still smacks of the period in case there was any concern of it turning in to a pseudo f1 mod affraid  Sleep  Suspect  Rolling Eyes 

There's more but this will have to do for now.

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
rainmaker62

rainmaker62

Anzahl der Beiträge : 481

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptySun 01 Jun 2014, 1:37 pm

FANTASTIC! Can't wait! These are great. That T70 battle was sweet!
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 8:50 am

My laptop was willing so I managed to make a few more videos. These 3 videos demonstrate just how awesome the 917 30 when set to full boost, was able to utterly trounce the normally aspirated big American V8s in a straight line at will. It also shows the difference of having a paltry 800hp Rolling Eyes compared to 1500hp Twisted Evil affraid One thing I have done with the 917 30 is locked the rear axle as was the real one. It was a stipulation by Mark Donohue that it had to be or he wouldn't drive it. Anyway, the obvious downside is what that does when turning/cornering. This really shows in the videos.

This is the longest video and shows a couple of laps around Road America with the 917 30 Donohue car tuned to it's Qualifying setting that produces 1541 hp@9300 and 875 lb/ft@9000rpm up from it's more docile Race setting of 1100 hp@7800rpm and 783 lb/ft@7000rpm. The cars chasing it are the Shadow DN4 with it's 510ci V8 putting out 800 hp@6500rpm and 776 lb/ft@4000rpm; the McLaren M20 also packing a 510ci V8 with 787 hp@6400rpm and 740 lb/ft@4000rpm and the McLaren M8DF
with a svelte 496ci V8 putting down 740 hp@6500rpm and 742 lb/ft@4000rpm.

The 2nd video takes up halfway through the 1st one and is shorter but shows the ease at which the 917 30 could say "See ya!" lol!  I screwed up on this one around the 1:14 mark but it's only for about 5 seconds or so and then continues with another view of the Shadow being left for dead.

The 3rd video is shorter still and shows the only way to deal with that 917 30. Unfortunately for the M20, he had nowhere to go but into the side of the Porsche. You don't see it but you certainly hear it hehe. If you listen close at the end you can hear the Shadow whistling like someone acting extra innocent Razz Laughing

The dirty deed Twisted Evil

The instructions for tuning either of the Porsche 917 30s are written in the .eng file and will also be mentioned in the readme upon release.

Last edited by hmmguy on Mon 02 Jun 2014, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nikbear

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1191

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 12:26 pm

What wonderful videos! hopefully this gets a GTL release, looks stunning!  cheers bounce 
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 4:08 pm

thanks! Very Happy It's nice when my laptop cooperates and I can share what I saw take place. I was sitting watching the race and marvelling at the drafting fest going on. When the Shadow actually passed the Porsche, I was almost shocked. Of course it became rather moot once they got back to the main straight lol!
Back to top Go down
rainmaker62

rainmaker62

Anzahl der Beiträge : 481

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 9:07 pm

Great vids! Can't wait till they come out. One wonders what the big V8s would have done with turbochargers. I know there is a Shadow still around with twin turbos, but I dont think it ever got a chance at the 917-30. Very nice work!
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 11:44 pm

rainmaker62 wrote:
Great vids! Can't wait till they come out. One wonders what the big V8s would have done with turbochargers. I know there is a Shadow still around with twin turbos, but I dont think it ever got a chance at the 917-30. Very nice work!

Thanks Very Happy 

Yes there is/was. I had read that they were able to get 1400hp out of it but that they had some bad reliability problems with it. Can you imagine if they had today's turbo technology back then? I could just imagine the anti-lag when playing with a 510ci monster Shocked affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.   Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Can-Am Revelations 2.0 w.i.p.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution Modding :: Racing Simulations :: GTR2 :: GTR2 WIP´s-
Jump to: