Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi) Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi) Vote_lcapVW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi) Voting_barVW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi) Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi) Vote_lcapVW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi) Voting_barVW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi) Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MOF

MOF

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1975

VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi) Empty
PostSubject: VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi)   VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi) EmptyFri 09 Nov 2012, 9:45 pm

I've successfully converted Trackaholics VW Camper (FB1 Ring Taxi) mod for GTR2 to GTL...all except the getting the Motec to work. As you can see, I have the Motec in-sim, but can't understand how to get the digital readouts to function. Does GTL even have a working Motec? I thought the lap timer was a form of that? Any way, help\advice would certainly be appreciated about now. If I had any hair, the last of it would have been pulled earlier today!

GTL Motec...
VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi) GTLmotec

GTR2 Motec...
VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi) GTR2motec

The vintage (according to Trackaholics) is 1962, and I've no reason to doubt that. So, it fits right into GTL. I've got it in GTC-65, but is really quick; it has ~ 500HP! My 1964 Camper only had 34HP! Gotta find a way to slow Trackaholics camper down. See specifications below:

Specs:
* VW T1 (Split Window) 1962
* Engine: aircooled 6-cyl Porsche engine (993 Bi -Turbo)
* Displacement: 3.600 cc
* Power: Original 408hp now ca. 500hp
* Gearbox: 6-speed 996 GT3 gearbox
* Brakes: Original Porsche 993 Bi -Turbo with ABS
Back to top Go down
alain62

alain62

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1071

PostSubject: Re: VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi)   VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi) EmptyFri 09 Nov 2012, 10:21 pm

Hi MOF,
It's more a 993 than a Camper (see the Race-Taxi site: http://www.race-taxi.ch/ )
A part from the chassis is from a T3.
I put mine in GTC-TC76.
I didn't really took time to test, but it's difficult to keep on the track.
Sorry for the Motec : I have no skill for that.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi)   VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi) EmptyFri 09 Nov 2012, 10:48 pm

Motecs aren't available in GTL... they don't and won't work. I don't know why but it is said that you need to make dials if you want working instruments on them.

Gee Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MOF

MOF

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1975

PostSubject: Re: VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi)   VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi) EmptyFri 09 Nov 2012, 10:54 pm

Okie-dokie...

A shame, but was thinking 'Why a Motec in a '62 automobile?' Then thought, 'Hey, it's a couple years ago, the camper is old and been updated running-gear wise, so why not a Motec?'

Would really prefer dials\gauges anyway...guess I'll shelve this project. Don't know the first thing about dashboards\interiors, anyway!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi)   VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi) Empty

Back to top Go down

VW Camper (FB1 Race Taxi)
Page 1 of 1