Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? Vote_lcapMazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? Voting_barMazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? Vote_lcapMazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? Voting_barMazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bsmooth

Anzahl der Beiträge : 47

Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? Empty
PostSubject: Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ?   Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022, 9:23 pm

Love the sounds of this car, but all the tires are all just floating above ground, when the suspension is going up and down its got daylight in between.
I've read here somewhere there is a fix by changing tire radius or something. It has options for 4 different tires, and I don't know which is being used.
Do I change all of them , or is there a way to tell which tires are being used. Also which way do I go with radius of tire? More or less ?
I think it just needs a very small change.
Back to top Go down
aaberg

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3

PostSubject: Re: Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ?   Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022, 11:17 pm

bsmooth wrote:
Love the sounds of this car, but all the tires are all just floating above ground, when the suspension is going up and down its got daylight in between.
I've read here somewhere there is a fix by changing tire radius or something. It has options for 4 different tires, and I don't know which is being used.
Do I change all of them , or is there a way to tell which tires are being used. Also which way do I go with radius of tire? More or less ?
I think it just needs a very small change.

Less radius on all tires.
Back to top Go down
freeracer

freeracer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 687

PostSubject: Re: Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ?   Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022, 3:23 am

[quote="bsmooth"]Love the sounds of this car, but all the tires are all just floating above ground, when the suspension is going up and down its got daylight in between.
I think it just needs a very small change.[/quote]

To discover which .hdc is used, just look into the .car file, and in this .hdc search tire model section to figure out the .tyr) .. open .tyr with notepad and decrease radius rate..for exemple: where is 0.35 set new value to 0.32
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1099

PostSubject: Re: Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ?   Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022, 7:52 am

Copy the offending tire file into into the teams folder the .tyr file sets the car height on the track.
In the original vanilla version of GTR2 all tyres are in the teams folder so put it there.

Give it a try always works for me.

thumbup
Back to top Go down
bsmooth

PostSubject: Re: Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ?   Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022, 4:32 pm

The cars just seems to sit too high, I notice on rumble strips If I take them too aggressive the car flips over, just tips right over...weird.
Shouldn't all the tyre compounds have the same radius. mine are different, and it seems to change the speed of the car too
Right now the front on the soft compound is .277 and rear is .296. But on the hard compound its Front .325 and Rear at .355 It puts the car on the hard wayyy off the ground.
Back to top Go down
bsmooth

PostSubject: Re: Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ?   Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022, 5:46 pm

Finally decided on .247 F and .266 rear which was a huge change in some cases, but I made all the tyre compounds the same. Cars sits much better now.
I know I'm picky, but thats what working in Quality Control for most of your life does. But I do notice things other people don't, which can be both a blessing and a curse thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
Pete Conway

Anzahl der Beiträge : 150

PostSubject: Re: Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ?   Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022, 9:18 pm

bsmooth wrote:
Finally decided on .247 F and .266 rear which was a huge change in some cases, but I made all the tyre compounds the same. Cars sits much better now.
I know I'm picky, but thats what working in Quality Control for most of your life does. But I do notice things other people don't, which can be both a blessing and a curse thats for sure.

Not telling ya how to suck eggs here but it's worth remembering that the driven wheel radius has a direct imput to the car gearing... speed, and also to a lesser extent wear rate... you know the more revs per mile and all that!
Back to top Go down
bsmooth

PostSubject: Re: Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ?   Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? EmptyThu 18 Aug 2022, 2:09 pm

Yea I noticed that a bit while driving, but a small change in gears fixed that right up. Theres a Radius RPM in there at RadiusRPM=1.01e-6, but I wasn't sure how to change it to compensate, so I left it alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ?   Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mazda RX3 Wingnut Mod tires above ground ?
Page 1 of 1