Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€GTR2 tinted windscreen Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
GTR2 tinted windscreen Vote_lcapGTR2 tinted windscreen Voting_barGTR2 tinted windscreen Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
GTR2 tinted windscreen Vote_lcapGTR2 tinted windscreen Voting_barGTR2 tinted windscreen Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

mad-max

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

GTR2 tinted windscreen

Go down 
+2
fatguts
tdurrett
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tdurrett

Anzahl der Beiträge : 159

GTR2 tinted windscreen Empty
PostSubject: GTR2 tinted windscreen   GTR2 tinted windscreen EmptyWed 08 Jul 2020, 1:55 pm

I've recently upgrade my computer and installed GTR2 (twice) and P&G on the new drive. I'm also using the old drive as a backup with all the cars installed. One of my new drive GTR2 installs has the original 2004-2005 carset, the GTR2 10th Anniversary carset and the PTA Trans-Am Mod--all have the front windscreen so dark the cars are undriveable. Any ideas what file controls the windscreen tint?
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1108

PostSubject: Re: GTR2 tinted windscreen   GTR2 tinted windscreen EmptyWed 08 Jul 2020, 4:30 pm

Odd could be an emap issue, stex file mix up hard to say but as its on a lot of cars must be the game install gone a bit cranky.
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2084

PostSubject: Re: GTR2 tinted windscreen   GTR2 tinted windscreen EmptyWed 08 Jul 2020, 6:17 pm

Yeah, try to replace the STEX.GTR file, sounds like a mod replaced it.............. denkend
Back to top Go down
zipdrive

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3

PostSubject: Re: GTR2 tinted windscreen   GTR2 tinted windscreen EmptySat 11 Jul 2020, 9:26 pm

As the individual who updated drEdOp's original PTA Trans-Am v1.1 mod to v 2.0 (now at v 4.0 - shameless self promotion) I made the Cockpit Window texture for each of the 4 car makes to have an already some what "dirty windshield" and each of those single textures are in the respected cars CPIT.GTR archive. Since I didn't use the various default SCREEN_DIRTxx.DDS files nor a separate Dirt Screen I don't think that it's the problem.

What I can see an issue with is the rain screen texture. I made a Rain Screen for each of the cars and used GTR2's default RAIN_ANIMxx.DDS files.

Try removing all the loose RAIN_ANIMxx.DDS files from the Teams folder so the game will use the ones found in the original STEX.GTR archive.

Good Luck

Back to top Go down
tdurrett

Anzahl der Beiträge : 159

PostSubject: Re: GTR2 tinted windscreen   GTR2 tinted windscreen EmptySun 12 Jul 2020, 1:24 pm

I couldn't find a RAIN_AMIN...DDS file in the Teams folder or in any of the CPIT.gtr fies, but there is a COCKPIT_WINDSCREEN.DDS in each CPIT.GTR file that very dark. Is this the one to remove?
Back to top Go down
zipdrive

PostSubject: Re: GTR2 tinted windscreen   GTR2 tinted windscreen EmptySun 12 Jul 2020, 2:18 pm

No don't remove it. To test if it's a rain animation issue, which I think it is, just comment out the line in a vehicles CAS file for the XXXXXXXX_RAINSCREEN.gmt.

I'll use my PTA mod as an example.

Change this line in the Mustang.cas file:

<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH> MeshFile=MUSTANG_RAINSCREEN.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(2.0)

to

//<NOTSPIN><DASHHIGH> MeshFile=MUSTANG_RAINSCREEN.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(2.0)

This will prevent the rain drops on the windshield and help determine if the problem is the rain animation files.

If you have no individual Rain_Animxx.DDS files in your main Teams folder then as mentioned by joeschmoe above the original STEX.GTR file may of been replaced.

Back to top Go down
Gonzaga

Anzahl der Beiträge : 157

PostSubject: Re: GTR2 tinted windscreen   GTR2 tinted windscreen EmptyMon 13 Jul 2020, 9:12 am

zipdrive i got your mod PTA in f1classic site. Is really wonderful mod even if they are old models but very friendly in frames.
My question if is possible resize the models because they are biggest compared with the rest of the cars. They looks giants.
Apart of that is an amzing mod Thanks

https://f1classic.forumotion.com/t8985-release-updated-pta-trans-am-mod-for-gtr2

fisheracing mentioned this problem in that forum
Back to top Go down
zipdrive

PostSubject: Re: GTR2 tinted windscreen   GTR2 tinted windscreen EmptyWed 15 Jul 2020, 1:56 pm

This thread is about why all the OP's windscreens are too dark and not about my PTA mod so lets keep helping solve the original problem.

I only used my PTA mod as an example because it does not use a dirtscreen mesh like the stock GTR2 cars and other mods. It only has a rainscreen mesh. Also the issue you mentioned with car size was addressed back in v3.0 as well as a lot of other updates.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: GTR2 tinted windscreen   GTR2 tinted windscreen EmptyWed 15 Jul 2020, 11:23 pm

Have you tried lightening the colour of the DDS files for the windows?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTR2 tinted windscreen   GTR2 tinted windscreen Empty

Back to top Go down

GTR2 tinted windscreen
Page 1 of 1