Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Wider Wheels for all Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Wider Wheels for all Vote_lcapWider Wheels for all Voting_barWider Wheels for all Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Wider Wheels for all Vote_lcapWider Wheels for all Voting_barWider Wheels for all Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

philrob

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Wider Wheels for all

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Conway

Anzahl der Beiträge : 150

Wider Wheels for all Empty
PostSubject: Wider Wheels for all   Wider Wheels for all EmptySat 23 May 2020, 9:47 pm

Help please, I'm willing to try and learn

The Older'Classics and Historics are special to many, I love em too, but I have a passion for those bastardised cars of the 60's Modsports and special saloons, I do understand that modifying a body is a tricky thing and you need a 3d program of sorts... well my brain don't stretch that far, (I once accidentally painted a car, but only once though, I could never repeat that fortune) but I can manipulate files and adjust figures, so if anyone can give me pointers on how to do the following I'd be grateful and obviously any successes are available for all as a download.
I manipulate figures and steal sounds form other cars for my own game already, I have a few cars running a wider track and all is fine but like the human race I want more Smile

What I would like...

TVR Griffith Wide GT40 wheels
E-type same
Healey 3000 wide wires (ferrari 275)
427 Cobra perhaps some large rude ones from the 76 Corvette/Pantera
Others...

As I wouldn't be able to do the arches, they's have to do any 'clipping' on the inside of the chassis, I can put up with that.
So what do I need to do for say, the TVR and the GT 40 wheels how do I fit them on?
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 901

PostSubject: Re: Wider Wheels for all   Wider Wheels for all EmptySun 24 May 2020, 4:18 pm

Adding different wheels to a car isn't all that hard but you need Geditor to extract the files (say from the GT40's wheel file) and 3dSimed to rescale and position them. It's then just a matter of renaming them as an extra wheel style and changing the relevant number on the genstring so the cas file will load them in game.

If you get hold of Geditor and 3dSimed they're not too difficult to learn. I managed it somehow Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete Conway

PostSubject: Re: Wider Wheels for all   Wider Wheels for all EmptyMon 25 May 2020, 12:17 am

OK, thanks Zee, I've downloaded the two programs and even opened the GT 40 wheels in Geditor, it's late and brain is fuzzy so I'll have a kip and try to make sense of the things in the morning.

You never know, if I can get my head round it I might even be able to chop the Frogeye's lights off the bonnet and call it a Fairthorp Zeta... lol
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Wider Wheels for all   Wider Wheels for all EmptyMon 25 May 2020, 11:26 am

Keep in mind that when doing this, it is very very important to concentrate on what you are doing and if something doesn't work check your work over meticulously.
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 901

PostSubject: Re: Wider Wheels for all   Wider Wheels for all EmptyMon 25 May 2020, 2:08 pm

Wise words from GeeDee and here's a few more: make a back up of any files you're altering. If you mess up you can just delete them and re-install the originals. Sounds obvious but it's a real pain when you learn the hard way Evil or Very Mad

If you get stuck let me know and I'll try to point you in the right direction Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete Conway

PostSubject: Re: Wider Wheels for all   Wider Wheels for all EmptyMon 25 May 2020, 3:24 pm

Thanks guys, in the past if I have been unsure about things I have been known to back up a whole texture set at many gigs, (Skyrim armour adjustment) the reason is that I fell flat on Morrowind many years ago, a lesson learn'd but a reminder is always appreciated thanks...

I'm now gonna jump in and try to figure out what the lines in the GT40 wheel page mean... scratch
Back to top Go down
Angry Coil

Angry Coil

Anzahl der Beiträge : 111

PostSubject: Re: Wider Wheels for all   Wider Wheels for all EmptyWed 17 Jun 2020, 5:05 am

I did a Lotus Cortina skin for GTL a while back in Team Gunston (Basil Green) livery, when I released it I added stock wider wheel set, I have forgotten who made them but Thanks was added to the creator in the read me, they looked good, I reckon they also made the car go faster Laughing .

Good luck creating the wide wheel sets, I cant wait to see them!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wider Wheels for all   Wider Wheels for all Empty

Back to top Go down

Wider Wheels for all
Page 1 of 1