Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure Vote_lcapAnother one bites the dust!! G27 failure Voting_barAnother one bites the dust!! G27 failure Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure Vote_lcapAnother one bites the dust!! G27 failure Voting_barAnother one bites the dust!! G27 failure Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

Darkspace83

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WHIPCRACKER

WHIPCRACKER

Anzahl der Beiträge : 279

Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure Empty
PostSubject: Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure   Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 5:03 pm

Well---my second G27 has failed---the steering wheel is not responding---initially it seemed to be the power connection---I would disconnect and then re-connect and would get it to calibrate but now----nada---zip!!

Anyone have a replacement to REALLY recommend===I have a Thrustmaster T80 shifter--so that needs to work with the new wheel--medium price would be nice.

DRAGON Sad
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3456

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure   Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 6:59 pm

Is it maybe the optical encoder as described here:

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/90041/How+can+I+fix+calibration+problem

I had this issue with my G25 recently and could repair it

- 3 parts)

Found the original sparepart needed (http://cmlaserservice.com/) accidentally at ebay.de

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1155

PostSubject: Another-one-bites-the-dust-g27-failure   Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure EmptyFri 01 Mar 2019, 9:49 pm

The encoder may just have come loose and needs re-tightening. A drop of nail varnish on the screw will stop it happening again.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure   Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure EmptySat 02 Mar 2019, 3:13 pm

There are lots & lots of hints & tips for those wheels on the Internet, try YouTube first before buying a new wheel. Have you checked your power supply or the fuse in the plug for it?

Sometimes my wheel stops working and just needs the USB plug from it into the PC removing and pushing back in again Thinking
Back to top Go down
WHIPCRACKER

WHIPCRACKER

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure   Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure EmptySat 02 Mar 2019, 3:42 pm

Thanks guys----will try these tips and pray one of them works.

D.

HOLY CRAP!!!! The USB THING WORKED!!! Surprised Shocked santa cheers
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure   Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure EmptySun 03 Mar 2019, 6:19 am

WHIPCRACKER wrote:
Thanks guys----will try these tips and pray one of them works.

D.

HOLY CRAP!!!!  The USB THING WORKED!!! Surprised Shocked santa cheers

Yeeeeeehawwwwww jumping0045
Back to top Go down
edinfuse

Anzahl der Beiträge : 6

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure   Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure EmptyFri 29 Mar 2019, 5:35 pm

Had the same issue, tried to fix with basic solutions, but they didnt last well, so I did the brass encoder swap 5-6 years a go it works with no problem. I can advice %100.

Best
Back to top Go down
WHIPCRACKER

WHIPCRACKER

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure   Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure EmptySat 30 Mar 2019, 12:00 pm

Thanks edinfuse-----the brass encoder fix looks complicated but doable---hopefully not in the near future---lol Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure   Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure Empty

Back to top Go down

Another one bites the dust!! G27 failure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution Modding :: Evolution Modding General :: Support-
Jump to: