Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Problem with new paintjobs... Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Problem with new paintjobs... Vote_lcapProblem with new paintjobs... Voting_barProblem with new paintjobs... Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Problem with new paintjobs... Vote_lcapProblem with new paintjobs... Voting_barProblem with new paintjobs... Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Problem with new paintjobs...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
0fflabeluse

Anzahl der Beiträge : 174

Problem with new paintjobs... Empty
PostSubject: Problem with new paintjobs...   Problem with new paintjobs... EmptySat 27 Oct 2018, 11:00 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum, please feel free to move it to the right place, if its not. Nontheless, I'll ask straight ahead:

Following problem: I'm trying to put a new paintjob into P&G (a Lotus Elan), therefore I create a new folder with all the relevant files, change the 'number'-line in the CAR-file, rename all the textures I unpacked before to match the new number, repack everything, start the game and...

...nuffin' happens.

If I drop that texture (actually a plain white one to check things) into an existing car's folder, it works. If I go and replace the textures in the GTR-file of a working car, it works, too. If I try to load the renamed package, the trace file tells me:

O_BaseGz.cpp 8759: CUBE error loading scene file USERDATA\tmpvehicle.scn: Error loading global material WC_TEAM_BODY1_PA

I'm running a bit out of ideas what the issue is. Any pointers? Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

Anzahl der Beiträge : 476

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new paintjobs...   Problem with new paintjobs... EmptySun 28 Oct 2018, 8:12 am

You also need to replace the original car number references inside the various gmt files found in the LOTUS_ELAN26R_MASK file.
Back to top Go down
0fflabeluse

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new paintjobs...   Problem with new paintjobs... EmptySun 28 Oct 2018, 8:59 am

Hm, I already wondered why there are extra body-GMT's in the mask-GTR. Gonna have a closer look at them. Thanks for the moment, I'll let you know Smile
Back to top Go down
0fflabeluse

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new paintjobs...   Problem with new paintjobs... EmptyMon 29 Oct 2018, 5:14 pm

Problem with new paintjobs... Png_iwr-1

GOOD

Actually, for the moment I just removed the MTS-files from the MASK-file, so it has to fall back on the bodies from the OBJ.GTR-file. That's okay for a paint booth dummy to simply check things ingame, but I'll have a closer look at it when making standalone. Smile
Back to top Go down
bonnier

bonnier

Anzahl der Beiträge : 476

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new paintjobs...   Problem with new paintjobs... EmptyTue 30 Oct 2018, 10:08 am

It's usually easy to change the car number references in the gmt files. I'm using a program called Notepad++. Just remember to always use the same number of figures/letters (5 for P&G cars) as the one being replaced or otherwise the gmt will get corrupt and not working.
Back to top Go down
0fflabeluse

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new paintjobs...   Problem with new paintjobs... EmptyTue 30 Oct 2018, 12:10 pm

Ah, simple text editing like in good ole' F1C-days. Trying that over a 3D-programme drove me a bit nuts...

Thank you for your help! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem with new paintjobs...   Problem with new paintjobs... Empty

Back to top Go down

Problem with new paintjobs...
Page 1 of 1