Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Steering wheel rotating oddly Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Steering wheel rotating oddly Vote_lcapSteering wheel rotating oddly Voting_barSteering wheel rotating oddly Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Steering wheel rotating oddly Vote_lcapSteering wheel rotating oddly Voting_barSteering wheel rotating oddly Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Steering wheel rotating oddly

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Raven_Morpheus

Anzahl der Beiträge : 18

Steering wheel rotating oddly Empty
PostSubject: Steering wheel rotating oddly   Steering wheel rotating oddly EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018, 3:20 pm

Hi all

Been a long while...

I've been modifying a car in GTR2 and I've added a new steering wheel to the cockpit view however the steering wheel rotates all over the place in a weird arc rather than just on the x axis and I've forgotten how to fix that issue.

The pivot point when exporting the object/model is set to 0.

I think it's something to do with the steeringwheelaxis= line in the .car file but I can't recall how to set those values correctly.

Would anyone here have any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
MG421982

MG421982

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1425

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel rotating oddly   Steering wheel rotating oddly EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018, 3:49 pm

Yeah, that's the problem: you must insert the aprox. parameters (X, Y, Z) of the center of the SW in the Pivot Point section. You have to open the SW 3D file with 3DSimed, look for the center point (if exists), then click left on the point to select it, then right-click and Edit Point to open the box and visualize the parameters of the X, Y, Z axis. Then, export the 3D file and in the exporting box insert those parameters in the Pivot Point section for each axis.

Anzahl der Beiträge : 18

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel rotating oddly   Steering wheel rotating oddly EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018, 5:51 pm

Thanks MG. That's solved it. It's been so long since I did any GTL/GTR2 modding I had forgotten how to mod a steeringwheel. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel rotating oddly   Steering wheel rotating oddly Empty

Back to top Go down

Steering wheel rotating oddly
Page 1 of 1