Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Cheers from Finland! Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Cheers from Finland! Vote_lcapCheers from Finland! Voting_barCheers from Finland! Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Cheers from Finland! Vote_lcapCheers from Finland! Voting_barCheers from Finland! Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Cheers from Finland!

Go down 
+2
Nuppiz
jeannomiller
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuppiz

Nuppiz

Anzahl der Beiträge : 23

Cheers from Finland! Empty
PostSubject: Cheers from Finland!   Cheers from Finland! EmptyTue 09 Aug 2016, 4:45 pm

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I started to look for more mods to ISIMotor games early this year, and this is one of the sites I stumbled across. I'm probably going to frequent sections that feature older cars from the 1960s and 1970s, which is the era I'm very interested in.

As for modding, I am the same Nuppiz whose done a few things for Grand Prix Manager 2. I've also become quite adept at making basic conversions to F1 Challenge which is much simpler to work with than rFactor, GTL or GTR2. In fact, I've made a huge personal 1960s/70s mod for F1C which combines the old CSGT mod with conversions from the more recent ISIMotor games, but that won't be released for two reasons. First off, I cut some corners during the conversion process so for example none of the cars have working lights or environmental mapping as I couldn't get them to work, and secondly because it would be a huge job to track down all the modders whose cars I've converted (not to mention the authors of the original CSGT cars).

On the possible contributions side, I lack the ability to do 3D modelling, but I'm fairly good at painting simple yet pretty liveries and have done quite a few of them for various virtual racing series. I also might help with data research, as while I was pretty hasty when converting stuff to F1C I still preferred to keep the physics realistic so I've collected a few bookmarks with loads of technical info.

Finally, I've successfully managed to convert a car from Rally Trophy to F1 Challenge, the Saab 96 V4:
Cheers from Finland! 2hoxul1
I noticed there's few car models that exist for Rally Trophy but not for other games, so maybe I can also contribute by converting them to F1C from which they can then be converted (or at least used as base for a new model) by someone else for the more modern racing sims (I personally find them a bit too complex to mod). Admittedly they are somewhat low-poly, but something is better than nothing, right?
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3456

PostSubject: Re: Cheers from Finland!   Cheers from Finland! EmptyTue 09 Aug 2016, 6:37 pm

Hi and welcome!

Would like to see the Saab 96 converted to GTL/GTR2 - one of my all time dream cars,

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Cheers from Finland!   Cheers from Finland! EmptyTue 09 Aug 2016, 9:27 pm

Hi Nuppiz and welcome,

Third forum I have seen you on tonight!
Back to top Go down
Nuppiz

Nuppiz

PostSubject: Re: Cheers from Finland!   Cheers from Finland! EmptyTue 09 Aug 2016, 10:47 pm

GeeDee wrote:
Hi Nuppiz and welcome,

Third forum I have seen you on tonight!
Yep, decided to introduce myself simultaneously on all of the forums I frequent for new mods.

As I wrote at Trackaholics, I'll do my best to convert the Saab 96 to GTL, GTR2 or at least rFactor. If I fail, I'll upload the 3D model so that someone else more skilled than me can try doing it instead.

I also found a bunch of other cars for Rally Trophy that I don't remember seeing for GTL or GTR2. If I'm successful with the Saab, there might be more conversions in the future if I get permissions from the authors (which might be tricky on the older mods).
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 917

PostSubject: Re: Cheers from Finland!   Cheers from Finland! EmptyTue 09 Aug 2016, 11:29 pm

Welcome aboard Nuppiz  cool
 Like you say, there's some really interesting cars in Rally Trophy. If i remember correctly (It's years since i did the Anglias) to get them into GTL you need to first get them out of RT with the managment tool (as i'm sure you've done!) then load the mesh into Zmodeler 1 (with the Rally Trophy plugin), export as Nascar 2003, import that into 3dsimed and then export as GTL gmt's. Simple as that... Rolling Eyes
It'd be nice to see the Saab in GTL and it looks a good model too GOOD
Back to top Go down
Nuppiz

Nuppiz

PostSubject: Re: Cheers from Finland!   Cheers from Finland! EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016, 12:02 am

Zee wrote:
 Like you say, there's some really interesting cars in Rally Trophy. If i remember correctly (It's years since i did the Anglias) to get them into GTL you need to first get them out of RT with the managment tool (as i'm sure you've done!) then load the mesh into Zmodeler 1 (with the Rally Trophy plugin), export as Nascar 2003, import that into 3dsimed and then export as GTL gmt's. Simple as that... Rolling Eyes
That's exactly what I've done, apart from exporting the files as F1 2002 MTS instead of Nascar 2003 because that's the format F1 Challenge also uses and I'm the most familiar with.

And yeah, if this goes well there'll be plenty more models to come!
Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Premium Member
Premium Member
Vanaja

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1180

PostSubject: Re: Cheers from Finland!   Cheers from Finland! EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016, 6:46 am

Welcome Tervetuloa Nuppiz GOOD
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 917

PostSubject: Re: Cheers from Finland!   Cheers from Finland! EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016, 7:46 am

Nuppiz wrote:
Zee wrote:
That's exactly what I've done, apart from exporting the files as F1 2002 MTS instead of Nascar 2003 because that's the format F1 Challenge also uses and I'm the most familiar with.

And yeah, if this goes well there'll be plenty more models to come!

Now this morning i'm questioning if it was Nascar 2003 or Nascar Heat! As i said, it's a long time ago and i don't have ZModeler installed on the new PC yet but i'm sure you'll figure it out easily enough! study Smile
Back to top Go down
Angry Coil

Angry Coil

Anzahl der Beiträge : 111

PostSubject: Re: Cheers from Finland!   Cheers from Finland! EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016, 8:15 am

Not sure but wasn't this car in the pipeline being done by someone else? Cant think where tho...to much pc racing maybe. Shocked

Oh....My bad, Hi Nuppiz and welcome!!

Last edited by Angry Coil on Wed 10 Aug 2016, 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to say Hi Nuppiz....to much pc racing)
Back to top Go down
Nuppiz

Nuppiz

PostSubject: Re: Cheers from Finland!   Cheers from Finland! EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016, 12:43 pm

So I've been looking at how GTL mods are constructed in their most simplest form (this is going to be a quite simple mod because there's not much to work with), and I think I have a fairly good hunch on how to build one. I'm using splintert92's VW Karmann Ghia mod as reference, as that's a fairly straightforward mod with just a few options for the car available.

I played around in 3DSimEd and managed to separate the bumpers from the chassis, as well as remove the rollcage. I even managed to make a crude convertible version by simply removing the roof and side windows and modifying the rear a bit. If I get the base car working, there might be multiple body styles to choose from.

On the physics side of things I found an actual early 70s FIA homologation spec sheet for the rally version and a rally tune-up guide made by SAAB around the same era. So they'll be as accurate as my own skills allow for.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Cheers from Finland!   Cheers from Finland! EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016, 11:35 pm

Sounds goods Nuppiz and wish you all the very best with this venture m8!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheers from Finland!   Cheers from Finland! Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheers from Finland!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution Modding :: Evolution Modding General :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: