Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl Vote_lcappecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl Voting_barpecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl Vote_lcappecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl Voting_barpecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl

Go down 
+2
joeschmoe
framroze
6 posters
AuthorMessage
framroze

Anzahl der Beiträge : 350

pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl Empty
PostSubject: pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl   pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl EmptyTue 10 Nov 2015, 6:18 am

Can anyone help please ?

I run the no cd version of GTL with the "all tracks & car-unlocked utility/programme on a windows 7 based p.c.
Occasionally when I download a new car I loose the" all unlocked" facility for a lot of tracks, then I have to start with a new player to unlock everything; the prob seems to be in particular with the IOM track; if I bring a car up to driving the IOM after starting up the P.C then I get a CTD.
If I drive the car on a short circuit like laguna seca, and then drive it again at the IOM it runs fine. Then if I bring a new car to run the IOM it CTDs again ! Run the new car at Laguna and 90 % of the time the new car runs fine at IOM.

Any ideas whats up ?
Thanks in anticipation .
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2084

PostSubject: Re: pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl   pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl EmptyTue 10 Nov 2015, 5:57 pm

Strange one there, are you using the TG2001.DYN unlock? What version of IOM are you using?
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl   pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl EmptyTue 10 Nov 2015, 8:14 pm

Are you running the 4GB patch before you run the game? If not it may be the problem as GTL is a 32bit game and to run it better on a 64bit system you need that patch.

Download from here and it's really easy to use as it doesn't need to be installed, just place it on your desktop and double click on it before running a game. It will bring up a window so you can search for the GTL.exe file, then highlight that file and press OPEN, you should then be told that you are successful and you can open more files with it if you wish before closing it.

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Another thing you can try is to RIGHT click on the GTL.exe file then choose Properties/Compatibility... Compatibility mode choose Windows 7 and tick the box above... now click on Run Compatibility troubleshooter and follow what is said.
Back to top Go down
framroze

PostSubject: Re: pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl   pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015, 8:29 am

Dear GeeBee & joeschmoe,
Thanks for the quick response, I do use the 4 gb patch, but even with it I have not been to solve the IOM problem, coincidently, I can get the targa florio to open either, not that I mind, I have driven it in GPL and its a bit too tedious, I had also used it in the CSGT mod for f1 challenge and found it works partly,there are "holes" in the track that swallow up the car !

Funnily when I go to the compatibility mode Windows sugest that I run GTL in windows xp service pack 3, but in this mode its no different and some of the cars lose colour and go black, it seems to run best in the VISTA mode !

I did not know that there are more than 1 version of the IOM for GTL. I cant figure out which version mine is but the visuals are different to the IOM for GPL & GTR2; there are two files in my" location" folder,one called "IOM" which has a read me file saying "converted by Superkolos-from GPL-and GTR" the second folder is called IsleOfManX with no read me. I thought there may be a file conflict so I tried removing one and then the other folder but the IOM gp just does not run without the other file so they seem to be linked.
Which are the other iom track files available? Maybe I can try that ?
Thanks again for your all your help
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl   pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015, 3:28 pm

Sorry that it didn't help but another thing that you should try is putting your game on FULL graphics as a lot of mods these days need it. NOTE:_ KEEP SHADOWS ON MEDIUM as they eat FPS (frames per second).

You may also find that you cannot run too many cars on track at once if these mods are high on polygons so if you get a CTD after trying this hint then keep putting the amount of cars down on the track and see what happens. clown Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
framroze

PostSubject: Re: pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl   pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015, 4:21 pm

thanks gee bee,
Will try, yes the shadows flicker on the IOM a bit
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

PostSubject: Re: pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl   pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015, 4:50 pm

Those are the same 2 tracks I have installed also. There are 1 or 2 more variations, but they have a completely different name, if I find them, I'll post, but they are probably just variations of these 2.....
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 901

PostSubject: Re: pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl   pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015, 6:28 pm

joeschmoe wrote:
Those are the same 2 tracks I have installed also. There are 1 or 2 more variations, but they have a completely different name, if I find them, I'll post, but they are probably just variations of these 2.....

I have one called IsleOfManX on the hard drive and is listed as a beta from 2013 but there's no readme so i've no idea where it came from. Rolling Eyes I seem to remember getting ctd's with it though and ended up un-installing it while the finished version was (?) released... Question
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

Anzahl der Beiträge : 487

PostSubject: v2 iom   pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015, 10:04 pm

Some years ago i enhanced the Rfactor version, i then transferred my updates to GTL for myself.

I have taken photos of some of the tracks landmarks Ginger Inn, Creg-Ny -Baa, house of keys, Ramsey town hall etc and replaced and resized.
Track side corner and mileage markers re created, churches redrawn, the trees have all been re textured, and most of the bushes. corrected normals, lighting changes, geographic location changed, a few new buildings, stands, vehicles and speccys, small tweeks to AIW.
Spec and Bump added where required.

I have never released this before and have not ran it for a long time, so i am sure there is still things to be done.So try it and see how it runs.

The new and great cam is by Pycat.

Delete any previous iom install.
Delete any previous HAT file for iom before running game.

THIS IS VER 2 should fix problems

https://www.mediafire.com/?kzirrr5bhzgc6gi

Last edited by philrob on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl   pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015, 11:52 pm

Thank you Phil m8. I love the Isle of Man track and a few years ago I ran a private online GTL club and we drove that almost every session we had... great fun so looking forward to your new additions m8!!!

There was a Beta GTL version which came out on the Altbierbude for a while so members could test it and report on any problems. Don't know what's happened since then though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

PostSubject: Re: pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl   pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015, 5:06 pm

Thanks philrob, will give it a try! Still looking for that "other" Isle Of Man, it had a completely different name so it's hard to find......
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

Anzahl der Beiträge : 487

PostSubject: Re: pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl   pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015, 5:08 pm

My version was called Manx rally
Back to top Go down
hmmguy

hmmguy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 790

PostSubject: Re: pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl   pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015, 12:20 am

philrob wrote:
My version was called   Manx rally

Hey stranger Very Happy Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl   pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl Empty

Back to top Go down

pecular ctd running the isle of man in gtl
Page 1 of 1