Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers Vote_lcapAnd now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers Voting_barAnd now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers Vote_lcapAnd now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers Voting_barAnd now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 39 users online :: 4 Registered, 1 Hidden and 34 Guests :: 1 Bot

doctorm7, effjottess, jackie another, z1000a2

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers

Go down 
+4
WHIPCRACKER
GeeDee
hmmguy
The Boxman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The Boxman

The Boxman

Anzahl der Beiträge : 107
Ort : Lourinhã, Portugal (but used to live in Vila Real, doing half of the Vila Real Circuit everyday)

And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers Empty
PostSubject: And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers   And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers EmptySat 23 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm

And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers.

How did this come into life, you ask? Well, rather logically, actually.
I came to me in a dream a short while ago and then I had to draw it. What you are looking at is a mixture between a Porsche 917, a Pliosaur and a Whale-shark.

Firstly, I must point out that I'm a Paleontology student, passionate about my work, as well as Nature on a whole and classic racing cars - to witness the moment when my unconsciousness mixes them all is rather interesting. I think this came up because in the night before I saw the news that a 917 had just been sold for some 1.7 Million dollars, and I though "well, that's one dream car that I'll never own". Later I dreamt that I was watching a News program and it came up that "New undiscovered 917 specimen was just found swimming at great depth." (as if they had just found a new individual/population of a very rare living-fossil species until then unknown to inhabit that part of the ocean, like a Coelacanth). To my unconscious mind it meant "Good, maybe the prices will drop down if they find more unknown to exist individuals/chassis.". To my woken up mind it meant "Wow, did I just mixture quite logically to of my greatest passions?"

It really makes sense: the 917 is such an organic looking machine, mistaking it for an animal (and of course, it had to be a legendary prehistoric great predator, since it is a classic racing beast) is an easy step, particularly since I deal so much with Mesozoic animals. And since it is such a rare living-fossil species of a car, the only way to find more is if there is an unknown population living in an unexplored part of the world. I really love the way my dreaming mind mixed these two so different worlds together!

About the drawings, the above drawing is exactly how it came to me in the dream, like as if in a video report recorded in a deep sea dive. The bellow picture was made from a 917 picture to what I imagine this animal would look like, later added colour in the computer as a quick experiment. Notice that the above drawing has a spoiler like the prototypes and the beginning of the production of the car, before they were "tamed" with more stabilizing rear-ends (another analogy, since this "animal" never had contact with humans and still needs to be tamed). I gave it small eyes in the middle of dark patches in the shape of the headlights like Killer-whales or Pandas, a mouth like a Whale-shark (they do look very alike), with similar barbs dividing the side openings and tried to make the small openings around pose as sensory organs. Gave it gills where the doors should be, turned the top vent into a big scute followed by smaller ones and the tail was pretty straight-forward (I mean, it is called a tail in motorsport for a reason! and it could have been in any of the shapes the car sported throw its career). Why six flippers? That's the most Pliosaur-like feature, who had only 4, but I remember clearly in the dream that it had 6. Maybe I associated with the V12 engine, which I think is quite poetic!
The colour was just a quick dashing, also tried to make the flippers blacker like the tires, in all it is just a rough sketch, possibly in the future I'll try to draw a more detailed and life-like piece.

And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers 917saurus

And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers 917saurus%2Bcor

Should I develop it? Did I got it all right on how a Mesozoic 917 living in the oceans should look like? Do you have any creation similar to this one?
Back to top Go down
http://boxmanmods.blogspot.com/
hmmguy

hmmguy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 790

PostSubject: Re: And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers   And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers EmptySun 24 Aug 2014, 10:43 pm

this will be good when GTR20,000 leagues under the sea comes out Wink 
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers   And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers EmptyTue 26 Aug 2014, 12:02 am

I think I'd need stronger drugs to think of anything that weird man... yeah tongue Razz
Back to top Go down
WHIPCRACKER

WHIPCRACKER

Anzahl der Beiträge : 279

PostSubject: Re: And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers   And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016, 3:32 pm

LOL----don't listen to naysayers----THAT'S BRILLIANT cheers
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1155

PostSubject: 917 WITH FLIPPERS   And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016, 5:15 pm

You need to stop smoking those funny cigarettes.
Back to top Go down
The Boxman

The Boxman

Anzahl der Beiträge : 107
Ort : Lourinhã, Portugal (but used to live in Vila Real, doing half of the Vila Real Circuit everyday)

PostSubject: Re: And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers   And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016, 11:13 am

Well, since I can't avoid looking at classic cars as if they were living beings underneath (while modern cars just look like a bunch lifeless metal and plastic), this was quite unavoidable.

I was thinking that I could do just that: a line of artwork of classic cars interpreted as their "spirit animal"...
Back to top Go down
http://boxmanmods.blogspot.com/
jd121449

Anzahl der Beiträge : 522
Ort : Pittsburgh PA back then. Tarpon Springs Florida later. Cocoa Beach Florida now. Not far from Daytona and Sebring.

PostSubject: Re: And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers   And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016, 11:09 pm

I found a fossil that looked just like that back in the day at the Moraine esker.
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2135

PostSubject: Re: And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers   And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers EmptySat 26 Mar 2016, 8:30 am

drunken drunken drunken 01:30pct,.....I'm startin' to get worried about some of you all but I'll wait 'til tomorrow and see what the fuck I was talkin' about ..........
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2135

PostSubject: Re: And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers   And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers EmptySat 26 Mar 2016, 8:34 am

by the way, jd, Thanks for your support of SCCA, ..............
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2380

PostSubject: Re: And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers   And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers EmptySat 26 Mar 2016, 1:48 pm

My silence about all those crazy stuff you have been talking above has a reason, and also, I have been thinking about Joe's last words just above. I decided to wait until this morning , to confirm if I was really crazy reading things that was not possible to be true in real healthy minds, in this thread!
But now I can see very clearly that I'm OK!
You all are totally mad in fact! You all maybe have been smoking some kind of special cigarettes, or smelling some kind of white powder, who knows?
You are totally crazy, and I worry about tha,t but I love you all even with those behavior.
Oooops! BTW, sorry about my poor english, but I'm sure you could understand my long, long talk!
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Hahahaha!I wish you a very nice weekend and a happy Easter, my beloved friends! Suspect

Last edited by ney.dias on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited because i have a very bad english talking,and must be carefull with CX650!!)
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers   And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers EmptySat 26 Mar 2016, 11:18 pm

A Happy Easter to you my good friend Ney!!!!!

Big Man hugs to ya old chap!!! clown pirat flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers   And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers Empty

Back to top Go down

And now for something completely different: a 917 with flippers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution Modding :: Evolution Modding General :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: