Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€The little Nash Rambler... Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
The little Nash Rambler... Vote_lcapThe little Nash Rambler... Voting_barThe little Nash Rambler... Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
The little Nash Rambler... Vote_lcapThe little Nash Rambler... Voting_barThe little Nash Rambler... Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

The little Nash Rambler...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MOF

MOF

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1975

The little Nash Rambler... Empty
PostSubject: The little Nash Rambler...   The little Nash Rambler... EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 1:36 am

From wikipedia:
This was the highest charting hit and greatest claim to fame for the now all-but-forgotten early rock group The Playmates. Despite this, they had four other Top-40 hits in the Billboard Hot 100 in the late '50s / early '60s. The Playmates were Chic Hetti (piano), Donny Conn (drums), and backing vocals (and presumably auto hornist) Morey Carr.

The Playmates all hailed from Waterbury, Connecticut, and met at the University of Connecticut, where they originally started touring Canada as a comedy group called "The Nitwits." They gradually transformed into The Playmates as they took up singing, though they always kept a comedy routine in-between songs in their stage act.

Now for the car lore: This song (from 1958 - before most of you were born) is also known as "Little Nash Rambler" or simply "Nash Rambler" and is sometimes mislabeled or even requested by that name on the Dr. Demento show. A Nash Rambler was a kind of car produced by Nash Motors in 1950, and it was a bubble-shaped little bug that was to become the first compact car manufactured and sold in America. As you can imagine, the car met with some scorn from the majority of the American driving public, who were used to driving big Caddy land yachts and looked down their noses at compacts, when they noticed them at all. It was World War 2 that introduced Americans to compact cars, when servicemen stationed in Europe got to like them over there. The humor of this song revolves around the ironic race between a Cadillac and a Rambler, with a stunner punchline.

The lyrics:

[Very slowly]
Beep beep beep beep
His horn went beep beep beep
While riding in my Cadillac
What to my surprise
A little Nash Rambler was following me
About one third my size
The guy musta wanted to pass me up
As he kept on tooting his horn
I'll show him that a Cadillac is not a car to scorn
Beep beep beep beep

[Slowly]
I pushed my foot down to the floor
To give the guy the shake
But the little Nash Rambler stayed right behind
He still had on his brake
He musta thought his car had more guts
As he kept on tooting his horn (beep beep)
Beep beep beep beep

[Normal speed]
My car went into passing gear
And we took off with gust (whoosh)
Soon we were going ninety
Musta left him in the dust
When I peeked in the mirror of my car
I couldn't believe my eyes
The little Nash Rambler was right behind
You'd think that guy could fly
Beep beep beep beep

[Quickly]
Now we were doing a hundred and ten
This certainly was a race
For a Rambler to pass a Caddy
Would be a big disgrace
The guy musta wanted to pass me up
As he kept on tooting his horn (beep beep)
Beep beep beep beep

[Very quickly]
Now we're going a hundred twenty
As fast as I can go
The Rambler pulled along side of me
As if we were going slow
The fella rolled down his window
And yelled for me to hear
"Hey buddy how do I get this car outa second gear?"

Written by: Donald Claps, Carl Cicchetti

The little Nash Rambler pic:
The little Nash Rambler... Nashrambler_zpsb2cb1efb

The song, from 1958:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDSk4zwjg5A
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2356

PostSubject: Re: The little Nash Rambler...   The little Nash Rambler... EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 2:26 am

Excellent, MOF!
Thanks to remind!
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: The little Nash Rambler...   The little Nash Rambler... EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 8:43 pm

Ha ha MOF that song brings back memories and I saw 2 or 3 of those fun little cars over here in the UK.  Very Happy clown 
Back to top Go down
nikbear

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1191

PostSubject: Re: The little Nash Rambler...   The little Nash Rambler... EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 10:13 pm

Hahaha excellent MOF!  cheers  not heard of that before  Embarassed 
Must admit though, I'm looking at that piccy and for the life of me I can't work out how you'd turn the front wheels?  scratch Shocked 
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: The little Nash Rambler...   The little Nash Rambler... EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 11:31 pm

nikbear wrote:
Must admit though, I'm looking at that piccy and for the life of me I can't work out how you'd turn the front wheels?  scratch Shocked 

You had to put your feet on the ground through the holes in the floor an physically lift the car, then place it in it's new direction. This was very cumbersome of course but they made them 50% cheaper because of the design fault.

Only strong people managed to drive them but the real up side was there was very little tread wear.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The little Nash Rambler...   The little Nash Rambler... Empty

Back to top Go down

The little Nash Rambler...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution Modding :: Evolution Modding General :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: