Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Some alternate LODs Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Some alternate LODs Vote_lcapSome alternate LODs Voting_barSome alternate LODs Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Some alternate LODs Vote_lcapSome alternate LODs Voting_barSome alternate LODs Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 38 users online :: 4 Registered, 1 Hidden and 33 Guests :: 1 Bot

doctorm7, effjottess, jackie another, z1000a2

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Some alternate LODs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
zoobear

Anzahl der Beiträge : 60

Some alternate LODs Empty
PostSubject: Some alternate LODs   Some alternate LODs EmptySun 04 May 2014, 8:29 pm

I made couple of LODs for some American tracks from 60's and 70's using original programme covers. Here's little preview:

Some alternate LODs 15cdnrm

All 30 LODs you can view here:
http://www.ipernity.com/doc/340441/album/657157

And link for download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?b8gipbj6kwy8580

BTW, track maps and length may not correspond with tracks available for the game(s) as I tried to stick to real data. Also you will find some LODs for tracks that unfortunately are not available for GTL. I made them anyway, hoping that somebody will convert those few missing tracks one day.

And last final word, these pics are by no means perfect and I'm sure they could be improved, so feel free to change/modify them without my permission.

EDIT:
I forgot about Westwood so here's LOD for this nice track:
https://www.mediafire.com/?mcg41gzjg9mqwcg

Last edited by zoobear on Mon 05 May 2014, 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : little update)
Back to top Go down
Verbatim123

Anzahl der Beiträge : 135

PostSubject: Re: Some alternate LODs   Some alternate LODs EmptySun 04 May 2014, 8:56 pm

I love these old pics!Thank you zoobear!
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

Anzahl der Beiträge : 487

PostSubject: Re: Some alternate LODs   Some alternate LODs EmptySun 04 May 2014, 10:07 pm

zoobear,
nice work on these, i have incorporated your Donnybrooke lod screen in a remake of this track i am working on.New textures on trackside buildings, roads, trees grass etc i have added spectators, team trucks, tents, marshals etc
The crashing problem you were having does not occur on the Rfactor version i converted, but it does happen on the GTR original,I have done some work on the AI and i believe it is the pits that is causing the problem.
philrob
Back to top Go down
zoobear

PostSubject: Re: Some alternate LODs   Some alternate LODs EmptySun 04 May 2014, 10:32 pm

Thank you very much philrob for letting me know about that "jinxed" Donnybrooke track. And it's great to hear that you're making a new better version of it. Many thanks for your fantastic work on all tracks.

p.s.
Here's newer Laguna Seca LOD (preview available on ipernity - link in my first post):
https://www.mediafire.com/?2kt0kthjinrj5vm
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2135

PostSubject: Re: Some alternate LODs   Some alternate LODs EmptySun 04 May 2014, 11:24 pm

Is there an Edmonton road course available? I've only known about the airport.......
Back to top Go down
zoobear

PostSubject: Re: Some alternate LODs   Some alternate LODs EmptySun 04 May 2014, 11:36 pm

Edmonton International Speedway '67 (aka Speedway Park) is available for rF. It's one of those "missing" tracks - together with Green Valley Raceway, Hallett and Summit Point (which unfortunately AFAIK is really poor, so no LOD for it).
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2380

PostSubject: Re: Some alternate LODs   Some alternate LODs EmptySun 04 May 2014, 11:49 pm

joeschmoe wrote:
Is there an Edmonton road course available? I've only known about the airport.......

If you are talking about Edmonton City Airport, here you have it:
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=7255
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2135

PostSubject: Re: Some alternate LODs   Some alternate LODs EmptyMon 05 May 2014, 2:13 am

Thanks Ney, but I thought he made a lod for the non-airport circuit........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmonton_International_Speedway

zoobear, do you have an Edmonton International Speedway for GTR2 or GTL?
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

PostSubject: Re: Some alternate LODs   Some alternate LODs EmptyMon 05 May 2014, 9:23 am

Zoobear,

yes i have those 3 tracks and they all need a very big makeover, all GPL conversions if memory serves me well.
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

PostSubject: Re: Some alternate LODs   Some alternate LODs EmptyMon 05 May 2014, 10:30 am

memory was wrong and in fact only Summit point needs a major makeover
Back to top Go down
zoobear

PostSubject: Re: Some alternate LODs   Some alternate LODs EmptyMon 05 May 2014, 11:05 am

@joeschmoe - Edmonton Speedway is not available for GTL or GTR2 - only rF and GPL.

@philrob - You're right. Only Summit is very poor and I read somewhere that very inaccurate so it would probably need not just a makeover but whole new built from scratch. As for Edmonton, Green Vally and Hallett - they're all good for conversion to GTL but I suppose the problem is with getting permissions, and that's way we still don't have those tracks in SimBin's games. But I'm really glad that you decided to give Donnybrooke a facelift and I'm sure it will look just great as all your tracks. BTW, are you making older version of it or modern?
Back to top Go down
philrob

philrob

PostSubject: Re: Some alternate LODs   Some alternate LODs EmptyMon 05 May 2014, 11:10 am

i am keeping it in the 70s era, which i think it is in now.I know nothing about this track other than what i have researched online since you first mentioned it.
The textures where all very low res so i have redrawn them, many trackside objects had wrong normals and settings i have repaired those.As i have said it is running like this only in Rfactor at the moment but i will convert it to GTL when its finished.
Back to top Go down
zoobear

PostSubject: Re: Some alternate LODs   Some alternate LODs EmptyMon 05 May 2014, 11:27 am

That's great philrob, 70's is my favourite era:) BTW, here's link with some good info on this track:

http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Brainerd_International_Raceway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some alternate LODs   Some alternate LODs Empty

Back to top Go down

Some alternate LODs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution Modding :: Racing Simulations :: GTL-
Jump to: