Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€a little speedometer help  Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
a little speedometer help  Vote_lcapa little speedometer help  Voting_bara little speedometer help  Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
a little speedometer help  Vote_lcapa little speedometer help  Voting_bara little speedometer help  Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests

drionita

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

a little speedometer help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tino008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 44

a little speedometer help  Empty
PostSubject: a little speedometer help    a little speedometer help  EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 8:23 am

hi. need some help....i"m "modding" a bmw csl for myself..... tuned turbo bmw engine,modified gearbox,brakes,clutch etc... Very Happy,and i"m managing everything, however,i"m unhappy with 250 kph hud speedometer,and would realy like one with 320 kph...help confused alien

Last edited by tino008 on Sat 23 Feb 2013, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tino008

PostSubject: Re: a little speedometer help    a little speedometer help  EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 10:10 am

just did it my self,the one from porsche 935 will do...Smile
Back to top Go down
tino008

PostSubject: Re: a little speedometer help    a little speedometer help  EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 10:42 am

decided for the bmw gr5 turbo dials insted,used same values as in bmw gr5 t files,but still got too much speed shown...cca 60 kmh too much..any help would be ma ...Smile
Back to top Go down
Vintage Racer
Premium Member
Premium Member
Vintage Racer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 227

PostSubject: Re: a little speedometer help    a little speedometer help  EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 5:31 pm

tino,
You did not say what sim this is for, if it is for GTL or GTR2 the values you need are in each cars individual .car files.

Look for the line that looks like this: HUDSpeedometerRange=(0.0, 350.0, 215.0, 315.0)

Hope that helps
VR
Back to top Go down
tino008

PostSubject: Re: a little speedometer help    a little speedometer help  EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 5:46 pm

its for gtl...i sorted the car to pe perfect for my driving style,it would be nice to se real top speed,cca 320 kmh. seen the line,tryed to overwrite with csl turbo lines,i imagined that same speedometer would work with same,but tuned,argh,downgraded to 480 hp for driveability engine..so,im stuck.....i figured out,that "new" spedometer actually works like one that shows 250 kph....also,tryed to manualy play with values,but no effect!?! unhappy... Suspect to be precise,needle goes to 360 kmh,sure,but it gets there too fast, ...so,range is good,bud the speed of the needle is the problem....im new at this,not an expert,but i would like to do it right,because,car handles surprisingly well.....after 3 day testing Sleep ,changing parts,er,lines,figuring out clutch,and my favorite,the four wheel drive try affraid ,that gave so much understeer,and tire smoke,it was maddening,and hillarious at the same time... Very Happy Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Vintage Racer
Premium Member
Premium Member
Vintage Racer

PostSubject: Re: a little speedometer help    a little speedometer help  EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 10:54 pm

Well I can’t help you with physics or setting up your car, I think I can help with the gauges.

To calibrate the Hud Spedo the four numbers in the "HUDSpeedometerRange" work as follows:
The first number is the starting kmh of the gauge so it’s always 0
The second number is the max speed of the gauge, so in your case 360 kmh
The third number is the starting point of the needle when at 0
The fourth number is the amount of angle the needle will travel, and it is dependent on the first value.

Setting the start and end points for the needle can be a real pain; and can take a fair amount of trial and error to get it set just right.

As a general rule for the setting the beginning point of the needle; 0 = to the right at the 3 o'clock position, 90 = straight down at 6 o'clock, 180 = to the left at 9 o'clock, and 270 = straight up at the 12 o'clock position.

*Important* Always get the starting point set first as it Will affect the end point.
Also I would recommend only changing the number by no more than 10 each time to make it easier to track and close in on the correct position.

So for example - If the third number is 90.0, and the fourth number is 270.0, then the needle will do a semi-circle, and end up facing straight up.

Hopefully this will help

VR
Back to top Go down
tino008

PostSubject: Re: a little speedometer help    a little speedometer help  EmptySun 24 Feb 2013, 4:44 am

thx allot, gauges are the only thing troubling me,managed to take care of physics myself, its not that hard when you have some orientation points,and some setup experience...Smile as for the speedo,replaced new with an original one,till i figure it out...Smile start and end points are ok,er,start point is ok,end point bit to high,im not making a f1 car,but 300,320 kmh will ne nice Smile thy once again Smile
Back to top Go down
Vintage Racer
Premium Member
Premium Member
Vintage Racer

PostSubject: Re: a little speedometer help    a little speedometer help  EmptySun 24 Feb 2013, 3:17 pm

Your welcome tino, glad I was able to help.

VR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a little speedometer help    a little speedometer help  Empty

Back to top Go down

a little speedometer help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution Modding :: Evolution Modding General :: Support-
Jump to: