Share | 

Porsche 904/8 Carrera (GTS)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
WHIPCRACKER

Anzahl der Beiträge : 204

PostSubject: Re: Porsche 904/8 Carrera (GTS)   Wed 24 Oct 2018, 4:45 pm

In my version of Lm55 all the tires are re-calibrated depending on size---they range from 1.325,1.345
to 1.359,1.379 front with the rears about .025 higher grip. I think this gives fairly realistic vintage grip. Actually smaller cars like the mg midget are a little lower than that.

Rolling resistance should be consistent with tire sizes as well-- otherwise top speed can't be achieved.
Back to top Go down
WHIPCRACKER

PostSubject: Re: Porsche 904/8 Carrera (GTS)   Wed 24 Oct 2018, 5:19 pm

LOL--reread your post Uncomman--- close to the Ducatis by the end of the straights---I used to have 4 ducati singles--3 350s and 1 450 dual plug Desmo that was raced at Westwood converted back to street use----240 lbs approx. The 450 was a real thrill.

Later a 750 GT that was a very nice ride.

Off-topic but what the hey!!
Back to top Go down
0fflabeluse

Anzahl der Beiträge : 120

PostSubject: Re: Porsche 904/8 Carrera (GTS)   Wed 24 Oct 2018, 6:43 pm

Grip & rolling resistance are not the only reasons why some cars drop a bit out of their competitive environment. I haven't looked into the Healey 100, but the AC Ace Bristol for example, another car that's a bit unrealistic fast has a 220 hp engine. Not bad for a lump of iron, which usually couldn't bear much more than 125 hp Wink
But I tend to think identical sized tires front and rear on a vintage race cars should also have identical values in all their respects. If one end needed something beefier to handle the forces (usually the rear), a bigger tire with better load bearing capacity was put on that end. It wasn't until later that identical sized tires with different characteristics for f & r were designed.
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

Anzahl der Beiträge : 196

PostSubject: Re: Porsche 904/8 Carrera (GTS)   Thu 25 Oct 2018, 5:21 am

All very interesting guys and thanks but can we bring the focus back to this mod please?

Is someone (Muddie?) going to do the spots on the bonnet? Jeannomiller uploaded the other 904's to Race Department but they all have the spots on the edge of the nose.

I will do the biks today, last thing left I can do, and then the only outstanding item is the spots.
Back to top Go down
fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 471

PostSubject: Re: Porsche 904/8 Carrera (GTS)   Thu 25 Oct 2018, 8:47 pm

Hi Uncommon you are making good progress on this mod, will you be uploading the final finished mod on here for all the community to use.
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: Porsche 904/8 Carrera (GTS)   Fri 26 Oct 2018, 5:22 am

fatguts wrote:
Hi Uncommon you are making good progress on this mod, will you be uploading the final finished mod on here for all the community to use.

Yes absolutely fatguts, but two conditions must be in place:

1. The spotlights on the bonnet must get done. If I have to do it, fine, but then it will be a long time to wait, have not even started on learning the 3D elements. The whole point of this mod was to faithfully reproduce the two Le Mans 64 cars. That means the spots go on the bonnet.

2. I need to get permission from Butch, who developed the original 904GTS mod

I'm already busy with the conversion of a 910 (kindly provided in GTR2 format by offlabeluse) and a few other things, so the spotlights may be delayed. Just BTW while I am talking about other projects, my Le Mans 1964 field desperately needs the Ford GT mk1. Anyone know where we can find one, I have searched high and low?
Back to top Go down
WHIPCRACKER

PostSubject: Re: Porsche 904/8 Carrera (GTS)   Fri 26 Oct 2018, 2:24 pm

I have the Ford GT mk1 but don't know where I got it from as there are no credits in the folder.
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: Porsche 904/8 Carrera (GTS)   Fri 26 Oct 2018, 2:36 pm

Yeah I've got quite a few like that. Is it GTR2 or GTL (doesn't matter, I will do the conversion) but I'd be quite happy to have it just for private use, if possible, and we can publish a general request for permission?

I will PM you my email address if that is okay? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
WHIPCRACKER

PostSubject: Re: Porsche 904/8 Carrera (GTS)   Fri 26 Oct 2018, 3:46 pm

Send me a pm and I'll send it by email. It's 47 mb uncompressed but I split it into 6 5mb packages so you can get it. It should only take 3 emails then put into a folder and let WinRAR put it back together.

It's Gtr2 but an easy fix other than biks.
Back to top Go down
Uncomman

PostSubject: Re: Porsche 904/8 Carrera (GTS)   Fri 26 Oct 2018, 3:54 pm

It will be very very welcome I can assure you whatever work is required, will be worth it - thanks a bunch!

I just PM'd you my email address
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Porsche 904/8 Carrera (GTS)   

Back to top Go down

Porsche 904/8 Carrera (GTS)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution Modding :: Modding Techniques :: GTL Modding-
Jump to: