Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC Vote_lcapInexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC Voting_barInexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC Vote_lcapInexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC Voting_barInexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 2 Bots

CsarNar

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC Empty
PostSubject: Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC   Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020, 7:12 pm

Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile

Smooth Track. (Head Tracking in-game) for under £10

This is an app for your mobile phone and PC together. Once you have downloaded the program which only costs 10$ or £9.45 through "Google Play" store or Apple "App Store" you can drive in-game on a range of games using your head to look around instead of having to press keys. It does work on GTR2 and GTL.

Your phone must have forward and reverse facing cameras. You place your camera (portrait or landscape view) in front of your monitor and it transmits your head movement to your PC (laptop) so as you move your head you can look from side to side, up & down etc without having to use keys.

It's very good and smooth and so cheap, the best price I had seen before this was around £100 & upwards.

Follow the instructions given on your phone once it's installed... make sure you do it correctly and away you go.

You can alter the sensitivity of head movement to suit you and a lot more.

Very impressive indeed.

Enjoy guys and girls.

GeeDee
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2380

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC   Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020, 7:35 pm

Hahahahahahaha!! Where are we going with all those technologies, by God!!!! Very interesting, but by now, not for me. When I'm only with my iPhone, I try to be as far as possible of the crazyness of Sim Racing.
Very nice tip, my dear Gordon! I hope you enjoy this very much,but maybe, your sweet wife may don't like to see you forever with your cell in hands!! lol! lol! Thanks Thanks wheelchair

GeeDee likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Conway

Pete Conway

Anzahl der Beiträge : 172

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC   Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC EmptyFri 30 Oct 2020, 2:24 pm

...When I saw the thread title the first image to enter my mind was of me with my Nokia selotaped to my head,

It does however sound a good alternative to VR.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC   Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC EmptyFri 30 Oct 2020, 6:56 pm

Pete Conway wrote:
...When I saw the thread title the first image to enter my mind was of me with my Nokia selotaped to my head,

It does however sound a good alternative to VR.
I thought I would have to drive with it in my hand. affraid

It's really cool though, but if you try it and it looks a bit too fast or slow as you turn your head, then adjust the six settings shown on your phone. Up for more sensitivity, down for less. I found I had to put it lower.

I suppose that if you use VR, you are only aware of what's going on in the game. clown
Back to top Go down
Pete Conway

Pete Conway

Anzahl der Beiträge : 172

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC   Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC EmptyFri 30 Oct 2020, 10:38 pm

To be honest GeeDee, I'm a bit long in the tooth where newfangled tech'i things are concerned, I really do have a Nokia and it only does text and Phone,
As for VR... I tried it once round a mate's house and when it came to Skyrim, that was the worst, I felt I was being pushed along standing on a tin tray on ice... really unnerving,
I recon the undertaker will have to peel the flatscreen from my face when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC   Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC EmptyFri 30 Oct 2020, 11:04 pm

Pete Conway wrote:
To be honest GeeDee, I'm a bit long in the tooth where newfangled tech'i things are concerned, I really do have a Nokia and it only does text and Phone,
As for VR... I tried it once round a mate's house and when it came to Skyrim, that was the worst, I felt I was being pushed along standing on a tin tray on ice... really unnerving,
I recon the undertaker will have to peel the flatscreen from my face when the time comes.
The saying long in the tooth is untrue, I've worn mine down quite a bit, even the dentures too thumbup2

Sounds like you don't have the right kind of phone anyway... maybe Santa will be kind this year santa Punk

Pete Conway likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jeep

Jeep

Anzahl der Beiträge : 63

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC   Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC EmptySun 06 Dec 2020, 2:23 pm

Thanks for the post GeeDee.

I was sceptical at first but thought I would give it a go on my old S4. Unfortunately it won't run on the android version it's limited to. Sad But was able to install on my later phone. Had a few issues setting it all up mainly due to my own incompetence. Thinking

Not tried it on GTL or GTR yet but I'm happy to report it works with GPL. Initial trials weren't brilliant with a lot of stuttering but that was resolved by improved lighting.

So well impressed, definitely worth a try considering the price. GOOD

TTFN
John.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC   Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC Empty

Back to top Go down

Inexpensive Head Tracking in-game using your Mobile Phone & PC
Page 1 of 1