Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe Vote_lcapMinidumps and the new GTR2 exe Voting_barMinidumps and the new GTR2 exe Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe Vote_lcapMinidumps and the new GTR2 exe Voting_barMinidumps and the new GTR2 exe Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

Grebo69, Hawk, Tanjaschnute

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat 10 Apr 2021, 6:25 am

Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe

Go down 
+2
Craggers
joeschmoe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2092

Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe Empty
PostSubject: Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe   Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe EmptyTue 04 Jul 2023, 11:32 pm

Hi kids,
Just made an observation. I've been using the Steam .exe for a few GTR2 installs because I heard it might be better. Well, I do a lot of testing/fucking around, and when you crash a GTR2 install with the Steam exe, it can leave GIGS of "crashdump" files. I just recently found almost 249gb of minidump files from this exe. If you just play, and don't any dev/mod stuff. you're probably ok. If you crash an install a lot with this exe, check for a Minidump folder in your LOG folder, you may be surprised.......

mastrotre and Craggers like this post

Back to top Go down
Craggers

Anzahl der Beiträge : 12

PostSubject: Re: Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe   Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe EmptyWed 05 Jul 2023, 8:23 pm

thanks joeschmoe 19gb of minidumps across my installs , thanks for info
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1113

PostSubject: MiniDump fix for those running crewchief   Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe EmptyThu 06 Jul 2023, 7:02 am

Fix for minidumps by the iron wolf for those running crewchief located in the Crewcheif.ini file:

Set this to 1 to disable minidump collection on crash.
disableCrashDump = 1

This will help avoiding stressing your SSD with gigs of data written all the time, which as you said is common to happen while working on the new stuff Wink

The Iron Wolf and Craggers like this post

Back to top Go down
tdurrett

Anzahl der Beiträge : 159

PostSubject: Re: Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe   Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe EmptyThu 06 Jul 2023, 2:19 pm

I have a question on the Steam version of GTR2...the only advantage I see is that Crewchief works only with steam. I have multiple installs of GTR2 running various carsets including Power & Glory--can these carsets be installed with steam or does it run the plain vanilla version cars only?
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1113

PostSubject: Steam GTR2   Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe EmptyFri 07 Jul 2023, 9:14 am

Everything will work on the steam version of GTR2 including PnG3 I recently converted my complete master GTR2 install to Png3 adding the latest anniversary patch then Crewcheif.

Make a copy of your install of GTR2 first rename it to "GTR2 Modified" and work on that as a test
The steam version of GTR2 costs £1.24p just looked
Back to top Go down
yuca

Anzahl der Beiträge : 32

PostSubject: Re: Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe   Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe EmptyMon 10 Jul 2023, 8:55 am

ignoring CC plugins,

the big plus of the STEAM EXE is it is more stable on switching between tasks (ALT TAB) without running in a window
it does also behave better on the CONFIGURATION side

big minus is that it is not compatible with XD

Back to top Go down
The Iron Wolf

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4

PostSubject: Re: Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe   Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe EmptyTue 11 Jul 2023, 12:21 am

For folks who want XD-like experience on Steam there's alternative:  SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmdyiMauHTI&t=158s

It is not exact replacement and will require learning doing things the new way, but it is under development and Shovas (author) is very responsive to suggestions.  For best experience with this overlay Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin is still recommended, because it fixes some telemetry bugs in GTR2 (and many other bugs in the game).  It may be confusing, but plugin doesn't just "enable Crew Chief or VR" it does tons of things to improve GTR2 and work is still ongoing.

There are some things that work differently on Steam .exe vs DVD, but in 5 years I noticed just two issues and I never had issues that prevented enjoying the content I race.  Also plugin is not tied to vanilla content, it should work on most content (it works flawless on P&G, in fact it adds revmatching and gear damage to old cars if you want that) but there are no guarantees of any kind.

fatguts likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe   Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe Empty

Back to top Go down

Minidumps and the new GTR2 exe
Page 1 of 1