Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? Vote_lcapWhat's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? Voting_barWhat's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? Vote_lcapWhat's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? Voting_barWhat's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Hawk, ney.dias

Most users ever online was 331 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:25 am

What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?

Go down 
+6
Marvin Wankerstein
rainmaker62
Andy Clegg
NickMorgan
Damon Myrax
fatguts
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Damon Myrax

Damon Myrax

Anzahl der Beiträge : 39

What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? Empty
PostSubject: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 2:49 pm

Hi Guys

I'm thinking about updating my system to run something more recent than GTL/GTR2 but I'm only looking to run 50s/60s sports prototype and GT cars. Do any of the recent sims have all the cars you find in GTL and if not is there a way to convert from GTL/GTR2?

Thanks for any advice
DM
Back to top Go down
NickMorgan

Anzahl der Beiträge : 6

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi Damon

I'd try Assetto Corsa for outstanding graphics but you need a fairly high-end system...

I still go back to GTR2 and rFactor though Wink

Nick Morgan
Back to top Go down
Damon Myrax

Damon Myrax

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 4:47 pm

Thanks Nick

Do you know if it’s straightforward to convert cars from GTL to AC?

Cheers
DM
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1113

PostSubject: AC or GTR2   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 3:41 am

I have AC(only because it was in a sale on steam really cheap) but a lot of the tracks in gtr2 are just as good if not better.
I always go back to GTR2 for better racing more cars and tracks to choose 50,60,70,80
you get the idea GTR2 still my go to sim.

As for conversion not that easy well for me anyway.

How much free time do you have lol
Back to top Go down
NickMorgan

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 4:37 am

Yes one of the things I don't like about AC (and AC Competizione) is that all the practice is solo.

At least with GTR2 and rFactor you can get a rough comparison with the AI and they also add the atmosphere of a racing circuit.

Nick
Back to top Go down
NickMorgan

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 4:44 am

Damon Myrax wrote:
Thanks Nick

Do you know if it’s straightforward to convert cars from GTL to AC?

Cheers
DM

Don't know anything about converting from GTL to AC (GTL to GTR2 is my limit..!)

But there are some very good mods that cover much the same cars... Touring Car Legends being one. You can find it on the excellent F1 Classic: https://www.f1classic.net/

Nick

Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2092

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 11:17 am

Yeah, AC is pretty, but you end up with classes of cars that don't have a lot of diversity. And it seems many of the mods for AC just don't seem..........finished. And yes solo pratice is pretty lame, especially for testing........
What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? Screen11
What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? Ss160810
Back to top Go down
Damon Myrax

Damon Myrax

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 2:40 pm

Thanks for all the feedback; I like the diversity with GTR2 so think I'll stick with that for now and use the extra processor power the maximize the graphics.

How about RFactor2; are the cars and tracks compatible with the original RFactor?

Back to top Go down
NickMorgan

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 4:51 am

Unfortunately not... I must say I am a little disappointed with rFactor 2 but that may just be my force feedback settings are not optimum.

At the full settings rFactor 2 graphics are pretty awesome (Virtual Le Mans showed it off quite well if you watched any of that). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLIKJQK7YCA

Nick Morgan
Back to top Go down
Damon Myrax

Damon Myrax

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 7:30 am

Cheers Nick
I heard about the virtual Le Mans but hadn’t seen the footage until now
Back to top Go down
rainmaker62

rainmaker62

Anzahl der Beiträge : 481

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 7:52 pm

Been a long time GTL fan, but those 1970 LM graphics are AMAZING!!!
If that's AC, I may just have to get a new puter. Very Happy
And start the process all over again. Ahhhhhh, madness!
Back to top Go down
Andy Clegg

Anzahl der Beiträge : 65

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 6:42 am

Hope that you know about this mod.https://www.evolution-modding.net/t1801-absolute-le-mans-plus-part-2?highlight=le+mans
Back to top Go down
rainmaker62

rainmaker62

Anzahl der Beiträge : 481

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 9:38 pm

I'm well aware, but with all the GTL mods I have, this mod would murder my poor little XP machine. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Marvin Wankerstein

Anzahl der Beiträge : 23

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 2:26 am

NickMorgan wrote:
Unfortunately not... I must say I am a little disappointed with rFactor 2 but that may just be my force feedback settings are not optimum.

At the full settings rFactor 2 graphics are pretty awesome (Virtual Le Mans showed it off quite well if you watched any of that). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLIKJQK7YCA

Nick Morgan

I was a beta tester of RF2 for a while and I just bagged it. For the way I like to mix up mods it was a real PITA. I'll stick with RF1 for a while. I have about 6000 cars and 500 courses and I'm pretty happy with it. For me, there's more to racing than pretty graphics.

GeeDee and NEChris like this post

Back to top Go down
MG421982

MG421982

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1425

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 10:06 am

rainmaker62 wrote:
If that's AC, I may just have to get a new puter. Very Happy

If you got the money (1000-1500$), do it! I just bought a new PC for like 1100$ (monitor too) and the difference is obvious compared to my old PC from 2007 (= Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 1Gb DDR3 video card, 4Gb DDR2 memory, Windows 7 Ultimate, 17'' monitor). My current PC: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS motherboard, I5-9600KF @ 3.7GHz, 6Gb DDR6 video card, 32Gb DDR4 memory, SSD hard disk, Windows 10 Pro, 24'' monitor. I can run a full grid in GTL at 1920x1080 resolution, highest video settings, multiple high poly mods in the race and get even close to 200FPS! Problem is my monitor is limited to 60Hz refresh rate, so I cannot notice the gameplay smoothness of these high FPS rates... but maybe you can get a better monitor, with a refresh rate of +100Hz. My monitor is showing the gameplay as if is running at 60FPS max. But, the performance and the difference is there.

jeannomiller and ney.dias like this post

Back to top Go down
bsmooth

Anzahl der Beiträge : 47

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 1:21 pm

I also like AC as well. I also like vintage stuff as well. The selection of cars is amazing, but the real jewels are Fat Alfies tracks, which are just amazing pieces of art.
Heres a video of Battenbergring https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqYMTmhMmgw
Every single track he does is not only great to look at, but also he does a lot of research as well, even down to the surfaces of the track.
I have to admit though, being sort of new to GTR2, a lot of tracks are pretty good as well.
Though Solitude, one of my favorite tracks from GPL, hasn't been really redone, at least as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Pete Conway

Pete Conway

Anzahl der Beiträge : 164

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 3:06 pm

bsmooth wrote:
I also like AC as well. I also like vintage stuff as well. The selection of cars is amazing, but the real jewels are Fat Alfies tracks, which are just amazing pieces of art.
Heres a video of Battenbergring https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqYMTmhMmgw
Every single track he does is not only great to look at, but also he does a lot of research as well, even down to the surfaces of the track.
I have to admit though, being sort of new to GTR2, a lot of tracks are pretty good as well.
Though Solitude, one of my favorite tracks from GPL, hasn't been really redone, at least as far as I know.

For GTR2 Have you tried SB-Cadwell, that is one of my favourite tracks, you can almost feel the edges of the track breaking up a bit, the road textures are really well thought out, Fantastic!
other favourites of mine is Gedinne2011 and Goodwood if only they demand you to push push push, they're real deserving tracks.
Oh yeah, Goodwood has the 3 2 3 grid formation from Wingnut, Top Man!
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2092

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 3:09 pm

There are a couple of Solitudes out there. One GPL conversion by neel Jani, and the other by lkwfan..........
Back to top Go down
bsmooth

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2022 10:18 pm

Where are those tracks available from?
I couldn't find a SB-Cadwell or Goodwood(maybe Goodwell).
I also couldn't find the Solitude track by Ikwfan, which I'm hoping is the newer one.
Fat Alfie I have heard is going to be doing a version of Solitude, which I'm sure will be amazing.
Back to top Go down
Pete Conway

Pete Conway

Anzahl der Beiträge : 164

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 11:02 am

bsmooth wrote:
Where are those tracks available from?
I couldn't find a SB-Cadwell or Goodwood(maybe Goodwell).
I also couldn't find the Solitude track by Ikwfan, which I'm hoping is the newer one.
Fat Alfie I have heard is going to be doing a version of Solitude, which I'm sure will be amazing.

SB-Cadwell is the Straw Bale version here in the download area, I'm busy now but I'm sure but you can find Goodwood here too, also the 3-2-3 from wingnut originated in these very forums.
Back to top Go down
bsmooth

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 11:37 am

Thanks Pete I'll check again. I did find a strawbale version somewhere, just didn't get the SB and Strawbale association.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?   What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's currently the best sim for a 60s GT fan?
Page 1 of 1