Evolution Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, Skins and Tracks for GTL/GTR2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonate
Donate
Support

Evolution Modding

or to Hubert-1@gmx.de

COSTS PER YEAR: 150€Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 Pixel
Donated: 75€

Top posters
GeeDee
Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 Vote_lcapHillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 Voting_barHillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
jeannomiller
Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 Vote_lcapHillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 Voting_barHillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
ney.dias
joeschmoe
MOF
MG421982
nikbear
Vanaja
fatguts
alain62
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

effjottess, Stravien

Most users ever online was 331 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:25 pm

Hillman Avenger WIP

Go down 
+16
drionita
freeracer
jeannomiller
joeschmoe
DarkSide
Vanaja
charger69
Zee
NEChris
Andy Clegg
Jeep
toto090369
marco1990
Angry Coil
simca
MG421982
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Zee

Zee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 902

Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 1:09 am

Hillman saw Avenger as a 'World Car' and sold them all over the place under various names: https://www.popflock.com/learn?s=Hillman_Avenger
When you think how many Avengers were around it's scary to think that I can't even remember last time i saw one in the flesh Shocked
Back to top Go down
ney.dias

ney.dias

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2362

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:13 am

Zee wrote:
Hillman saw Avenger as a 'World Car' and sold them all over the place under various names: https://www.popflock.com/learn?s=Hillman_Avenger
When you think how many Avengers were around it's scary to think that I can't even remember last time i saw one in the flesh Shocked

That's an excellent report. Everything our curiosity could have is there explained. Congrats! cheers GOOD Thanks
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4040
Ort : 1 hour from Croft and enough distance from Rick & Ney

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 8:22 am

ney.dias wrote:
GeeDee wrote:

The Avenger in Brazil, as I said before, was called DODGE POLARA 1800

I think that was after Chrysler bought the Hillman/Rootes company though. thumbup cool

My dear Gee, in fact, Chrysler took the English design of the Avenger to Brazil at the same time, making small aesthetic changes and using a 1.8 liter engine. They gave the name Dodge just for market reasons, since the name Dodge had more fame in Brazil[/quote]

It was more of a World car than Europe and Brazil... from Wikipedia:

"The Hillman Avenger is a rear-wheel drive small family car originally manufactured by the former Rootes division of Chrysler Europe from 1970–1978, badged from 1976 onward as the Chrysler Avenger. Between 1979 and 1981 it was manufactured by PSA Peugeot Citroën and badged as the Talbot Avenger. The Avenger was marketed in North America as the Plymouth Cricket. "

thumbup albino
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2091

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 9:45 am

North American Polara, you could fit a Cricket in the trunk!.. lol!
Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 Polara10
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 1:10 am

joeschmoe wrote:
North American Polara, you could fit a Cricket in the trunk!..

Somehow i don't think that humongous beast would qualify for the up to 1600cc class in the BSCC Laughing

Here's a quick experiment i did. Don't worry, i didn't skin this when i was pissed  drunken

Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 Avenge23

I was getting bored of looking at the body using just a coloured square so i dropped an image on the dds to see if it was getting nearer to completion. It still needs a re-map of course: you can see the door stretch (hence the extra 6) and distortion around the back arch etc but it does look like an Avenger now so that's something!  Wink
Back to top Go down
fatguts

fatguts

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1112

PostSubject: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 3:00 am

Looks pretty good to me now thumbup
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 8:42 am

Coming on a treat Mel m8... the "Avenger(s) Assemble" Punk :w00t:
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 9:25 am

"We like it.......!"
Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 The-av10
Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Premium Member
Premium Member
Vanaja

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1174

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 12:12 pm

Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 18ef139584893fa8635223d1bb72f074
marina rules
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 9:30 pm

joeschmoe wrote:
"We like it.......!"
Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 The-av10

The original girl member of the Avengers, Honor Blackman (Cathy Gale) actually died yesterday aged 94.

R.I.P. Honor Blackman
Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 The_av10

How strange is that??
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 9:32 pm

Vanaja wrote:
Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 18ef139584893fa8635223d1bb72f074
marina rules

Unfortunately, the Marina was a car that wasn't very well made and kept breaking down affraid
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 5:03 am

GeeDee wrote:

Unfortunately, the Marina was a car that wasn't very well made and kept breaking down affraid

Styling wise Morris didn't do themselves any favours by using the short doors on the 2 door coupe. The thankfully rare Crayford convertible version is beyond ugly eek
Apart from bad understeer in the early models the thing that always stuck in my mind was reading in Classic Car Weekly about a guy who worked in a Morris showroom back in the day. He was preparing a brand new Marina for a customer to collect and noticed it had a disc brake on one front wheel and a drum brake on the other affraid
Kinda puts ya off them a bit...
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 3:54 am

Zee wrote:
GeeDee wrote:

Styling wise Morris didn't do themselves any favours by using the short doors on the 2 door coupe. The thankfully rare Crayford convertible version is beyond ugly eek
Apart from bad understeer in the early models the thing that always stuck in my mind was reading in Classic Car Weekly about a guy who worked in a Morris showroom back in the day. He was preparing a brand new Marina for a customer to collect and noticed it had a disc brake on one front wheel and a drum brake on the other affraid
Kinda puts ya off them a bit...
Bugga... that's not just bad, that's tragic thumb down thumb down eek
Back to top Go down
joeschmoe
Premium Member
Premium Member
joeschmoe

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 8:52 am

A friend had a Marina in 75', probably the worst built car I had ever seen.....It would literally fall apart in the driveway.....It was kind of tragically funny....
Back to top Go down
Jeep

Jeep

Anzahl der Beiträge : 61

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:47 am

I am one of the sad individuals who had a Marina (1.8TC Coupe). I have to admit it was bloody fast when compared to a lot of the competition around at the time. It also had understeer like nothing I have ever driven since, which was no small achievement for a fairly powerful rear wheel drive car.

It eventually went to meet its maker when the local MOT station confirmed that there simply wasn't enough metal left to keep it in one piece.

TTFN
John.
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 9:09 am

It' a real pity it was such a badly made car as it looked quite okay. thumbup
Back to top Go down
freeracer

freeracer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 692

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 12:15 am

I don't know how Zee managed to shape this only using 3dsimed, maybe he is a 3dsimed wizard or there is some function in the program that I don't know yet ... the only thing I did was apply a smoothing and model the relief of bonnet in zmodeler ...
Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 New_ho11

Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 12926210

Now stills missing, in point of view, the "coke bootle line" in the rear fender:
Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 Rear_f10

any suggestion?

Back to top Go down
alex12

alex12

Anzahl der Beiträge : 454

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 2:12 am

Yes, very curious to know this smoothing method only with 3DSimEd... scratch study

Because the model looks really good now !!!
Back to top Go down
freeracer

freeracer

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 2:29 am

alex12 wrote:
Yes, very curious to know this smoothing method only with 3DSimEd... scratch study

Because the model looks really good now !!!

in 3dsimed.. just apply smooth by contiguity and incidence of light, to do this have to separate (dismember )the entire mesh , and aply the smooth for each part separated..try and error too count
Back to top Go down
freeracer

freeracer

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 3:59 am

Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 Cookie10
Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 Rear_f11

almost
Back to top Go down
GeeDee
Premium Member
Premium Member
GeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 4:55 am

Great to see you back doing some modelling again Cristiano. Punk GOOD
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 7:03 am

freeracer wrote:
I don't know how Zee managed to shape this only using 3dsimed, maybe he is a 3dsimed wizard or there is some function in the program that I don't know yet ...
Hardly a Wizard Laughing  As far as I'm aware Hogwarts don't teach modding with 3dSimed Thinking
It's more to do with being a pig-headed Yorkshireman who just keeps plodding along until I get there.
Speaking of which, I'd managed to get some of the coke bottle shape over the rear wheel but it's not too obvious in game. It's worth noting that Hillman made the 2 door's sides straighter than the 4 door for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 3:06 pm

Not a lot to update right now as i've been sidetracked re-profiling the Rover P6 body but the Avengers are starting to take shape. The rear looks a lot better with Freeracer's 'coke bottle' rear fender line and i've sorted out the shadow issue on the hood and wing tops.

Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 Hillma10

I also added a grill badge (there will be others) and door locks but there's still lots to do. The rear lights are proving a pain but i'll see what i can do this week Smile

Keep safe...
Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Premium Member
Premium Member
Vanaja

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1174

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 7:26 am

Punk
Back to top Go down
jeannomiller
Admin
jeannomiller

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3350

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 7:51 am

Excellent GOOD

Jeannomiller
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hillman Avenger WIP   Hillman Avenger WIP - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hillman Avenger WIP
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next